Roger Zelazny discussion

About Zelany & his works > SF Hall of Fame Induction

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ckovacs (new)

ckovacs | 142 comments I just noticed via the Locus website (the link to information about their upcoming awards banquet) that Roger Zelazny will be inducted into the SF Hall of Fame in Seattle this June. That detail doesn't yet seem to be on the SF Hall of Fame's website.

In part six of the "...And Call Me Roger" biography that I wrote (contained in The Road to Amber, volume 6 of The Collected Stories) I'd remarked that the SF Hall of Fame "has yet to honor him." I'll have to change that when volume 6 is reprinted.

Maybe issuing the six-volume Collected Stories helped nudge the relevant decision makers. Whatever, it's about time.

Chris

message 2: by Jim, Keeper of the Pattern (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) | 975 comments Super! Thanks for letting us know! Yes, it certainly is about time. I would have thought he would already be in it.

I really need to get to vol 5 of the collected stories. So much to read though...

message 3: by Mohammed , Dilvish The Damned (new)

Mohammed  (mohammedaosman) | 83 comments I celebrated this news. Its about time. I dont understand how Moorcock,Connie Willis and co made it before him.

I find Grandmaster award of SF,fantasy being wrong for excluding dead masters.

message 4: by Jim, Keeper of the Pattern (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) | 975 comments I looked at:
http://www.empsfm.org/exhibitions/ind...
The SF Hall of Fame Exhibition page today & looked down the list of names on the right hand side. I was surprised to see so many authors that I've never read or even heard of. So I clicked on them & realized I did know many of them, but not by name. They were mostly artists. Some editors & such were also in there. It makes very interesting reading.