Terminalcoffee discussion

Viewing & Listening Pleasure: > Cheeseburgers in your town? What brand?

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17333 comments Mod
strangely beautiful fast food map shows territory controlled in the fast food wars.

I didn't really know there were fast food wars, nor that Wendy's isn't as popular everywhere else as it is here.

message 2: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments The big empty spaces and the Dakotas fascinate me. As I think I've said before, months back, you can drive for hours there and not see a fast food restaurant. And then you get to one and it looks creepy, like the Subway in the gas station has old cheese.

I don't know where the nearest Wendy's, Burger King, or Dunkin Donuts are.

message 3: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) No In & Out? I guess they're not national. But neither is Carls Jr.

message 4: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) In SD you can drive for hours and not see anything.

message 5: by Sally, la reina (new)

I like SD. The sky is huge and the people are kind.

message 6: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Sally wrote: "I like SD. The sky is huge and the people are kind."

Or is it the other way around? No, of course not.

message 7: by Sally, la reina (new)

No, that's Mississippi.

message 8: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Uh huh.

message 9: by Misty (new)

Misty | 36 comments Time Drive-In in Seneca, SC has the best burgers around. It used to be a real drive-in, but not now. We also have The Steakhouse; they don't serve steak, but they have the best fried chicken ever! Buffet style, so lots of choices for side dishes :)

message 10: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) It's cheeseburgers, Ms. Wat.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments They call the Dairy Queen sign the Texas stop sign.

message 12: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Jackie "the Librarian" wrote: "They call the Dairy Queen sign the Texas stop sign."

I've never stopped there for cheeseburgers, though. Their other offerings always appealed more.

message 13: by Sally, la reina (new)

Its crazy how the shape of Texas is almost revealed through the little silver dots.

message 14: by Félix (last edited Mar 06, 2010 08:35AM) (new)

Félix (habitseven) Yup -- interspersed with purple splotches of Jack in the Box. Whataburger would fill a lot of space there, too.

message 15: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) Five Guys Burgers have become extremely popular around here. They seem to be springing up all over the place.

message 16: by Sally, la reina (new)

Oh, people love that here too. I wasn't all that wowed. But tasty.

message 17: by Youndyc (new)

Youndyc | 1255 comments I love the french fries at Five Guys. Most burgers gross me out, but Five Guys is pretty darn good. And WAY better than other fast food options that shall remain nameless. No Carls Jr or Jack in the Box here.

message 18: by Cambridge (last edited Mar 10, 2010 05:35AM) (new)

Cambridge (hsquare) | 509 comments I keep passing this thread and have no comment other than it makes my mouth water just reading the title every single time. Is it lunch time yet? Or is it are cheeseburgers like cocktails? "it's 12 O'clock somewhere" - Go Carnivores!

message 19: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) There's a local burger joint called Big Daddy's Burger Bar, that, while a bit pricey, makes some outstanding burgers. They let you add on more condiments to their specialty burgers; I once added chick peas, sprouts, cucumbers, and diced egg to their Mama Ricotta burger (beef, homemade mozzarella, pesto. vine ripened tomatoes and olive oil). The guy who made my burger had to come out of the kitchen to see what loony asked for more condiments.

message 20: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6027 comments We used to frequent Bookies Club 870 back in the late 70's, Detroit's original punk bar and really the only one that mattered, located in a terrible neighborhood, where the beer was served in plastic cups, the bouncers were brutal, the bands played much too loud, junkies chased the dragon in the toilets, and as for the smell… The perfect capper to a night there was a trip to White Castle on the way home.

Simple minds, simple pleasures.