The Suspicions Of Mr Whicher The Suspicions Of Mr Whicher discussion

Book has arrived

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Curlyhair Well I hope you like as I did. If you're in the UK it is going to be a dramatisation on ITV sometime soon.

Izzy Holmes I really loved the book hope you enjoy it.

John Champneys I remember I scanned and printed the map of the house & grounds. I keep it in the book. As it happens, I was (by mere happenstance) reading Wilkie Collins' Woman in White at the same time, so you can imagine the effect it had on me, seeing that as the revelations of the Hill House murder unravelled, so too was it related which episode of the WiW was being published and circulated.
The story came to life in front of me.

Carole Tyrrell A wonderfully researched book and has a follow up on Jack Whitcher and what happened to him afterwards.

message 5: by Tom (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tom Rodda Jack Whicher's creator has tapped into a growing fascination with Victorian times, especially Victorian action and drama. It was unfashionable for so long. An absolute blockbuster set in this period - but more epic than detective - is DISTANT THUNDER by T.D.Griggs. Just out. Anyone read this?

Tessa Harris Such a wonderfully well written and researched book and so incredibly full of twists and turns that if it wasn't factual you'd call it contrived!

Darlene Cypser Tom wrote: "Jack Whicher's creator has tapped into a growing fascination with Victorian times, especially Victorian action and drama. It was unfashionable for so long. An absolute blockbuster set in this perio..."

Tom: The story is true and Witcher really existed.

Darlene Cypser I like how the author intertwines the telling of the true crime story with information about the history of mystery and crime fiction and its relation to the culture of the time.