European Royalty discussion

Other Discussions > Rush list

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tina (new)

Tina My Husband is making an unexpected trip home to the States and has agreed to bring back books. I've got two days to get them ordered from Amazon. What books am I forgetting that I definitely should have on the list?

message 2: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Moody | 544 comments What have you already got?
I used to buy everything I read, but when my habit got to expensive I started checking books out from the library. Now I only buy a book after I've read it and decided I need to own it.
Anyway, here are some that I would purchase...
One of my favorite recent HF reads was The Traitor's Wife by Susan Higginbotham. I liked it so much I bought Hugh and Bess - though I haven't read it yet.
I also recently read The Last Queen by Gortner and LOVED it.
My favorites, of course, are the Here Be Dragons trilogy by Penman. If you haven't read those I think they are an excellent buy! You'll want to keep them :)

message 3: by Sara W (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments I loved The Innocent Traitor by Alison Weir. Sunne in Splendour by Penman. The Kitchen Boy by Robert Alexander. We've read those all here and people really liked them. The Queen's Secret by Jean Plaidy (also read it here, and I think most people liked it). I also really like Katharine of Aragon by Plaidy. Katherine by Anya Seton.

message 4: by Tina (new)

Tina Thanks guys! This is perfect! I've read some of what you've mentioned, but will check out The Traitor's Wife, The last Queen, The Kitchen Boy, Katharine of Aragon, and Katherine. (The rest I've read.)

I'm just so excited to be getting books (real ones, not ones on kindle) that I'm like a kid in a candy store--my mind is overwhelmed at the possibilities of what to choose! ;-)