You Imagine discussion

Take a break! Whatcha doin right now?

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karey (last edited May 16, 2008 10:41AM) (new)

Karey (kareyshane) | 205 comments Mod
Writing break: I've decided chocolate isn't just for breakfast anymore. Now to get back to writing.

message 2: by Karey (new)

Writing break: just fed the pigeons. Herbert's my favorite. Then I fed our falcon, Mr. Hobbs. Back to writing...while lounging on the chaise lounge out back, no less. Can't stand the joy! (It's been a lonnnnng, cold spring.)

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) Writing Break: Earlier today during ceramics I jotted down stuff. Right now, I'm just roleplaying.

message 4: by Arlette (new)

Arlette | 25 comments It's a Beautiful day here in San Diego, and the pool is so inviting. When I want a break from writing I just walk out my front door, go about a half a block and I'm at my beautiful pool. I live in a grogeous part of San Diego, and I have a lovely two story town house. I can look out of my bedroom window and see the pool, and that is where I spend at least three to four hours every day when the warm weather arrives. So that is what I will be doing from now until next November. I still manage to write. I'm now working on my fifth book.

message 5: by Karey (new)

Writing break: as in all day! The sun was shining. What can I say? And it's Saturday, so...(I admit: I did write for a couple of hours in the afternoon after I took a long nap.) Oh, the stress of it all!

P.S. This is for Arlette: luckeeeee.

message 6: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) lol, im roleplaying too! great pass time, rolplaying...

message 7: by Karey (new)

Writing break: just got back from a walk.

message 8: by Kim (new)

Kim I'm on goodreads!!!

message 9: by Karey (new)

I'm finishing up my book cover for Secret Speakers today! Then, to do about a gazillion business cards for Book Expo America.

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) Writing Break: Sunday; church today and rest. The past few days I've been working on revising my Search for the Rose Crown whilst roleplaying. It's getting along pretty good!

message 11: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Sawatsky | 16 comments Mod
I'm checking out the postings on You Imagine while the smell of coffee entices me away from the keyboard.

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) Role playing and trying to get past writer's block...ayyiyiyiyi

message 13: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenvwrites) when I get writers block for my books I work on something else comedy or I play agame. Currently I am answering emails and playing on Pogo til I have to go out later on.

message 14: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kathrynmeyergriffith) | 3 comments Hi all,
when I get writer's block (very rare....usually life gets in the way...something happens with family or friends that takes me away from it)I take some time off...go have a walk or go on an adventure. Have some fun. Relax. Then when I stop trying so hard all the thoughts and words come rushing back. Taking a break and enjoying life for a while seems to help me. Kathryn Meyer Griffith

message 15: by Karey (new)

I just talked with my sister on the phone. Now I'm ready to get back to work :O)

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) Thanks for the tips! Still some writer's block lingering but I'm getting through...

message 17: by Karey (new)

...just had a chunk of chocolate and chatted with my husband. I don't have to do dinner tonight since he went golfing and ate out. Yay!

message 18: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (camillalynnauthor) | 17 comments Trying to find something to watch on TV. The weekends are my off days. ;)

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Just finished picking up the last of the fallen limbs and debri created by Hurrican Ike. Now I'm going to work on my new online book discussion club gearing up for its first discussion starting November 1st at http://blog.elceepublishing.com

It's a lot of work, but I think it will be fun for our authors and readers, alike. I finsihed posting our first 5 book selections and now need to get back to my current WIP.

Author Lynda Coker

message 20: by Carter (new)

Carter | 6 comments I'm just chillin'. It's president's day so NO SCHOOL!!!!!!! YAY! More time to read and be on Goodreads. (AND write of course)

message 21: by Carter (new)

Carter | 6 comments Right now I am on spring break. I am going to edit a short story, post it on goodreads and then I don't know!

message 22: by Arlette (last edited Mar 17, 2009 09:29AM) (new)

Arlette | 25 comments Well, let's see. I just woke up about 20 minutes ago. It's now nine o'clock Pacific Daylight Saving Time. And as soon as I sign off here, I'm going down for my usual breakfast, two cups of coffee and two pieces of toast. Then it's back to research for my fifth book, my third about my hometown New Orleans.
It's not quite warm enough yet to go to the pool, and it won't be heated until April 1st. That's where I go for a break during the day.
Bye