Paper Back Swap discussion

Get to know ya's

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (last edited May 16, 2008 08:55AM) (new)

Rachel | 39 comments What do you do?

Currently I am a SAHM, with 4 kids, but I am also going to school to become a teacher.

message 2: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (ninneschong) Hi! I'm Sherry. I'm a Product and Design Drafter for a magnetics company. In my spare time I'm a single mommy to Joe, age 6, and Claire, 7 months.

message 3: by Mel (new)

Mel I'm disabled and not working. Though I run two websites (islandroutes.com and chroniclife.com) I do some animal sitting and paid survey to help supplement the household income. No kids. As many of you know I'm the owner of the 3 legged wonder dog, Sierra :)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic hi my name is kenjii. i think i've been a member at pbs since febuary 2008. i like to read and get to do it all day if I choose since I am at home, not working. i recently started doing some selling on amazon to pass the time. thanks for having me.
=),
kenjii aka daalmonette

message 5: by Nancy (new)

Nancy I work as a Senior Project Coordinator for a company that manufactures medical imaging products. This is my third position within the company.

In my spare time I enjoy reading (of course!), hanging out on Shelfari and GoodReads, knitting, crocheting, movies, traveling, and healthy cooking.

I am currently taking online classes toward a General Studies degree and am about halfway toward getting a bachelor's.

No kids, no dogs, no cats.

message 6: by Stella (new)

Stella (stellaprice) | 6 comments Im an author,*yes you can find my books on PBS* and a graphic artist specializing in book covers and promotional materials for books, publishers and authors. you can find my graphic work here:
http://stellaprice.deviantart.com/gal...
and my books and the info here:
http://www.stellaandaudra.com

because of this I have pretty much no spare time, though I try to read at least 3-5 books a month.

I have a chihuahua named Moo and I live in NY with my hunny.

message 7: by Mel (new)

Mel (lefty4) | 7 comments Hi-

I love Chihuahuas and I had one growing up that looked like the Taco Bell dog. She was 15 when my family put her down. Now I am married and my husband has a golden retriever seeing eye dog.

What kind of books do you read? I like legal fiction, mysteries, thrillers. I could go on....

Unapologetic_Bookaholic I went to your website and loved reading the different series you have. The covers are awesome. I did take time to read thru some of the previews for each book. My interest? weresnakes, cool!

message 9: by Stella (new)

Stella (stellaprice) | 6 comments LOL thanks guys.

I actually read PR a lot, and some horror. I like Clive Barker, PoppY Z Brite, and Neil Gaiman as my faves.

Our weresnakes are out with an agent right now so knock on wood we get it, and youll see them sooner then later LOL.

Stella

message 10: by Christopher (new)

Christopher (cmkeel) | 3 comments This is my first post although I've been a member of this group for some time. I am a disabled forty year old husband and father of nine children. No, that is not a typo! :) We have six girls and three boys, ages 21 years to 23 months. I also have two beautiful grandchildren.

Right now, I am a stay at home dad and a full time online student at St. Joesph's College of Maine. I recently transferred there and decided I would follow my dreams and do what I've always wanted to do. Mostly because I'm not sure if my back is going to ever allow me to re-enter the workforce. Secondly, most people end of doing something entirely different than what they went to school for. So, I am going to finish my undergraduate degree in Theology.

When I graduate, I plan to attend Seminary (Wake Forest Divinity School) and at the same time, get a MLS from UNC Greensboro. There is a dual degree program between the two schools and both degrees can be had simultaneously. If my back will hold up, I hope to work in a Seminary library. I love religion in general, and working around all those religious oriented books and periodicals would just make my day.. every day! LOL

Anyways, I am a new member at Paper Back Swap. I have like 100 plus books there and over the past month, I have mailed out and ordered about 20 books. I think its the best thing ever, actually. There are allot of awesome books over there and I am able to trade off some of the "fluff" in my library and replace them with books that are more consistent with the theme of my library as a whole. I am more interested in academic religious books and classical literature.

That's me in a nutshell. Sorry for the long post, but, this is my first. :) I look forward to participating in this group!

chris

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Welcome. Thanks for the intro, nice to meet you.
=),
Kenjii

message 12: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 39 comments Stella-- that is the genre I love to read, so I will have to search out your books now. Do they need to be read in order???

message 13: by Stella (new)

Stella (stellaprice) | 6 comments Rachel:

Um... Well the good thing is that all my books interact... You can start with Sugar and Sin and Wishbound.

After that you can go to Fire in His Eyes, and then just read down the series:

Eververse series:
Sugar and Sin
Silk and Steel
Frost and Flame

Dragon Elementals:
Fire in His Eyes
Deep Water

Duvall Inc:
Wishbound
Gifts

Keepers of Twilight:
The Soft Edge of Midnight

Hey Rachel, If you message me, I can send you a free e book if you want.

Stella

message 14: by Lanica (new)

Lanica I'm a teacher-librarian turned SAHM until my one-year-old twins get old enough for school. I have only the two kids, no pets and a *great* husband. I'm interested in photography, genealogy, travel and baseball & soccer.

I use PBS ans Good reads to expand my horizons and search out books I never would have picked up while wandering a Barnes & Noble.

I've read almost every genre at one point or another and am currently into sci-fi and fantasy, and I can't explain why vampire themed books are calling to me at the moment.

message 15: by Mel (new)

Mel Lanica, PBS is great for finding new and different reads. I know I've ordered many books I would not have even found in a book store.

message 16: by William (new)

William (acknud) Hi everyone. Nice to be here.

message 17: by Cristy (new)

Cristy (canders) | 1 comments I work in Human Resources and have 1 child who is 8 years old. I enjoy reading all genres and love to switch it up so I am not reading the same sort of stories over and over.

message 18: by fyc (new)

fyc (fvonne) | 4 comments I'm new to goodreads but have been on Paperback Swap for awhile now. I love to read and like many genres. My only child is in his second year at Western KY University. I am working on my Masters degree with a certification in teaching special education. In addition to reading, I also blog, garden, and raise Australian Shepherds.

message 19: by Mitabird (new)

Mitabird Hi everyone. I currently work in the cable industry and I read almost everything. My favorite genre is paranormal romance and I'm currently reading Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon.

message 20: by Trevor (new)

Trevor (trevoroakley) What a great bunch of people! I'm a librarian who works with teens, a NASCAR nut, horror-lit and zombie book lover. I use PBSwap to save our poor interlibrary loan librarian from having to source books for my horror habit. It's nice to meet you all!

message 21: by Penny (new)

Penny | 2 comments Hi everyone I have been a member of paperback swap for a couple of months and I just love it.
I like to read paranormal and mysteries and I have been able to read so many more books since joining over there.

message 22: by Brett (new)

Brett (battlinjack) | 6 comments I am a graphic designer/illustrator currently on disability. Working labor in my early years a a couple accidents have destroyed my back and knees. Whine. -grin-

Going on disability pretty much stopped my online trading. So it's very rare I am able to do that any more. Talk about coming off an addiction! I miss that a lot!

I am a confirmed bookaholic and cat champion. I live with 4 rescued cats and take care of 2 strays.

I am heavily into science fiction, fantasy, horror and bizarro fiction. Also crime mystery, suspense and humour. Not to mention ancient history, mythology and North American Indian history.
Let's just say I am extremely curious and like to explore all sorts of stuff. From Astrology to Zoology!

message 23: by MARILYN (new)

MARILYN (MARILYNJ) I've been a member of PBS for almost 2 years and joined when I was moving and had a lot of books to get rid of (I mostly gave them away to good homes). I love the site, I feel free to check out books I would not ordinarily buy and have found some winners and losers. Thankfully I can mostly get rid of the losers. In any case I like mysteries, thrillers, some horror, some Sci Fi and fantasy and womans lit. I will try to read anything but if I don't like it will move on have no complusion to read books I'm not interested in. My favortite authors are Laura Lippman (just finished Hardly Knew Her),
Meg Gardiner (if you like thrillers read her she's good), Jeffrey Deaver, George Pellicano, Nelson DeMille, David Balducci (sp), Dan Simmons the list could go on for paragraphs. I guess I'm pretty mainstream but that's ok.

message 24: by Tara (new)

Tara My name is Tara and I am an Autism Consultant with 2 kids under 5. I joined 6 or so months ago and have loved it. I tend toward fantasy or Magical Realism, but really I just like a good story with unique and complex characters. I also love a good guilty pleasure read.

message 25: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (buckythecat) I'm Vanessa and I'm a Realtor in small-town Oklahoma. I'm a single mom and dangerously nearing crazy cat lady status. There is no rhyme or reason to the things I enjoy reading. I like to read about the Great Depression, Louisiana, and other junk that just makes me look like a huge dork. I have an English degree but I do secretly enjoy reading some stupid stuff.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm currently a swing shift factory worker in a position called a Ware handler. Hopefully that will be changing this fall though.

message 27: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 34 comments Hi, My name is Melissa and have been a active member of PBS for about a year and a half. Joined goodreads about 4 or 5 months ago. I enjoy both sites!
I found cozy mysteries thru PBS several months ago..I really enjoy cozies. However, I also read Romance books, my favorite author is Debbie Macomber.

message 28: by Angela (new)

Angela Holland (bookaunt) Hi, My name is Angela and I love pbs. It is a way for me to get books and not cost a lot of money. I am married with two kids and a year ago quit my legal secretary job to be a sahm and watch my niece and nephew during the day. I now work part time at a convenient store as well. My husband and I own our own body shop. I love books and can't ever have too many.

Angela

message 29: by Angela (new)

Angela Holland (bookaunt) I am going to look into the operation paperback. I have some I may be able to send over.

message 30: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (bamamom) | 9 comments Hi I'm Robyn! I'm a stay-at-home mom and I have a wonderful husband and 2 children. My son is going to be a sophomore at Alabama and my daughter is going to be a freshman at Lagrange College in Georgia. I'm not looking forward to the empty nest. I enjoy reading and talking to everyone here and finding out what everyone is reading. I read romance,some mysteries, historical fiction, biographies and Harlequin Romance.
Recent to PBS and loving it so far.

message 31: by Reacherfan (last edited Jul 09, 2009 09:21PM) (new)

Reacherfan I'm fairly new to PBS and generally have more points than books available that I want. I read a lot of mystery - historical, classic and contemporary - and especially enjoy Robert Crais, John Maddox Roberts, Lindsey Davis, Tom Corcoran and many mysteries set in Florida and the Caribbean. I also read romantic suspense, paranormal/urban fantasy romance, and action thrillers - I love Barry Eisler's John Rain books and, obviously, Lee Child's Jack Reacher books. I gave up corporate America to try my hand at consulting 7 years ago and this is my first awful year for work. That gives me more time to read and play on the internet than usual. Here I am. :-)

★Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Sheba Tong Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ★ (shebatong) Hello I'm Darshini. I am a new member to goodreads but I have been on pbs for a almost two years. I mostly read romance novels- I'm a sucker for a happy ending.

message 33: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 34 comments Robyn wrote: "Hi I'm Robyn! I'm a stay-at-home mom and I have a wonderful husband and 2 children. My son is going to be a sophomore at Alabama and my daughter is going to be a freshman at Lagrange College in Geo..."

Hi! Ive loved Romance books for many years! Debbie Macomber is my favorite romance author, and I love some of the Harlequin lines of books. I recently found cozy mysteries and I enjoy them also.