Vampire Romance Lovers discussion

Members

Comments Showing 1-50 of 60 (60 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Cassie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:09PM) (new)

Cassie | 9 comments Mod
Hey, so this is a place so everyone can talk and get to know eachother. It seems like nobody is really communicating or really using the groups threads... so I thought this would be a good way to get those going.
I guess I'll start, I'm Cassie. I'm 17, a senior, and I work at Taco Bell (eesh). I love reading, its my favorite hobby. I even collect my books so I never go to the library. It's just this weird thing with me about having to have my books... Anyways, Vampire Romance is my favorite subject and I love the Twilight series and the Lara Adrian series as well. :)

message 2: by Elaine (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:11PM) (new)

Elaine Hey everybody! I'm Elaine, I'm sixteen, my favorite color is teal, and I really wish I could go to New Zealand, like right now!!! I've been doing Highland dancing, Scotish dancing, since I was six and I absolutly love it! I'm a nanny for two days a week in the summer and I volunteer at a providence hospital. I'm a total bookworm and I am absolutly in LOVE with the twilight series. ttfn! ; D

message 3: by Cassie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:17PM) (new)

Cassie | 9 comments Mod
Cool, cool. It looks like there are a lot of younger people here. That's cool. So, what are your favorite book subjects and why?

message 4: by Molly (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:54PM) (new)

Molly Cmon peoples! we need to hear from everyone!!

message 5: by Amy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:00PM) (new)

Amy Lynn | 2 comments So far I'm definitely the senior member here as I'll be 30 in February. I've been reading vampire novels since I was probably 12 and thanks to Laurell K. Hamilton I still do, although I just don't enjoy her books that much any more. I was a big fan of Christopher Pike's Last Vampire series and read Ann Rice for awhile, although "Queen of the Damned" was really the only one of hers that I enjoyed. I've been meaning to pick up the Twilight series but haven't had a chance to step in a book store in about two months.

Other than that, I'm a graphic designer, a belly dancer and a sci fi geek. I'm currently leading my guy through Season Two of the new "Battlestar Galactica." I also love "Farscape" and "Buffy the Vampire Slayer."

message 6: by Paula (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:01PM) (new)

Paula O'Connor No Amy you are not the senior member here as I am 35 and I do believe my older sister is on here too.

I have read some Ann Rice, but had to call it quits when in one of the books the main character was making out with his mom who was now a Vampire--sorry but once your mom always your mom, Vampire or not! There are lots of good vampire series out there and one I liked, which I am drawing a blank on the title, was about a guy who had just become a vampire and opened up a nightclub. Inside the nightclub he finds a dead body sealed behind a brick wall--anyone know that one? I want to read more but when I read it I did not have this handy site to help me keep track of what I was reading!!

message 7: by Biz (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:02PM) (new)

Biz | 1 comments Just joined and perhaps I have you all trumped in the senior department. LOL (Were we having a contest? ;-) ) I just turned 41 a couple days ago. I'm curretly loving the Black Daggar books as well as Lynn Viehl's Darkyn books. And I love anything Amanda Ashley writes.

I could never get into Ann Rice, her writing is too overblown and pompous for me. LOL the book you are describing Paula sounds really interesting! I'd be interested to know what the title is as well.

message 8: by melissa (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:03PM) (new)

melissa (zombiegrrlie) | 1 comments Also recently joined. I'm 33 and own an alternative music store. Of course, my book inventory contains several of my cast offs. Some of my favorite vampy authors are JR Ward, Keri Arthur, LKH, Jennifer Armintrout, Rachel Caine, and tons more. I am severely addicted to paranormal romances. Even the Silhouette Nocturne books have been pleasant surprises, not to mention quick reads. I'm always on the look out for books I haven't indulged in yet, so feel free to do some recommending :)

message 9: by J-Lynn Van Pelt (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:05PM) (new)

J-Lynn Van Pelt I am 29 and just moved across 2,600 miles across country. As I adjust, I am getting back into reading in the supernatural horror genre.

I got hooked to vampire stories when, at 14, I read 'Salem's Lot by Stephen King. Not much of a romance plotline, but it awakened a fear/love relationship with a good vampire story.

Have enjoyed Amelia Atwater Rhodes' books of late--they are really quick reads. Also, just now getting into the Twilight series because my sister says she will disown me if I don't.

I am excited to hear what everyone else is reading.

message 10: by J-Lynn Van Pelt (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:05PM) (new)

J-Lynn Van Pelt Amy--
I am also addicted to "Battlestar Galactica!" All part of my geek tendencies.

Since it isn't back on yet, my current guilty pleasure is "Supernatural" on the CW.

So much fun! =)

message 11: by Jennifer (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:06PM) (new)

Jennifer shepherd | 2 comments Hi. My name is Jennifer and I am 36. I love JR Ward, Sherrilyn Kenyon, early Christine Feehan.

I have most recently started reading the Lynn Viehl's, but I don't really care for them. I don't know why I don't like them. My mom and all of my friends just love them. I just can't seem to stay interested in the characters.

In addition to Vampire Romance, I also really like other paranormal romance.I especially like witch, time travel, and fairy books!

message 12: by Molly (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:10PM) (new)

Molly  (wwwgoodreadscomprofilesillybella) Hey everyone! My name's Molly and im 14, a freshman. I absolutly love the stephanie meyer series and can't wait for the next one. i've also read the Amelia Atwater-Rhodes books. I love them, but they still don't even compare to the twilight series!

message 13: by Stacie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:11PM) (new)

Stacie | 2 comments HI Thanks for starting this group. I love to read. I am 47 years old and have been reading for a LONG time. I love to read romance and paranormal romance. I like JR Ward, Christine Feehan, Lara Adrian, Jean Johnson, Sherilyn Kenyon, Jacqueline Frank, Etc. I search for these books and am always looking at the new release lists. I just hate that the books are usually published so far apart in series. I never read Stephanie Meyers. I will have to check it out. I have a daughter that is 10 years old so maybe one day we will be sharing books - but I am not ready for her to be reading these just yet. lol Stacie

message 14: by Freda (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:49PM) (new)

Freda (arkie_fallenangel) | 4 comments Hi, everyone! I'm 41, and love to read. I enjoy most genre of romance, but paranormals are my favorite. Some of my "must-buy" authors are JR Ward, Katie MacAlister, Christine Feehan, Sherilyn Kenyon (and her work under the name Kinley MacGregor), Lynn Viehl, to name a few.

message 15: by Elle (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:49PM) (new)

Elle Mitchell (emitchellwrites) Hey everyone!! I am 19 and I am currently going to college for digital and graphic design. I want to be a special effects makeup artist someday (when I can afford the school). I just recently started reading again and I haven't stopped since. I love book shopping now, also there is a big library book sale going on now and I am going back a second time. Vampires are my addiction and let's be serious... you cannot have vampires without romance. I love Charlaine Harris, Jennifer Armintrout, MaryJanice Davidson, Melissa De La Cruz, and many more. Recommendations are welcomed, seeing as how I am a re-newby to the book scene. Nice to meet you all!

message 16: by Sarah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:49PM) (new)

Sarah Hi! When I was in middle school I enjoyed Caroline Cooney's vampire series. Stephenie Meyer's books brought me back to reading vampire stories.

message 17: by Ann (new)

Ann Noell (fantasyannie) Hi, my name is Ann and I have you all beat with the age thing; 57 my last birthday. I love to read,it is my favorite past time. Historical romance is my favorite but I do love a good vamp story. Some of my favorites are JR Ward, Christine Feehan, Sherilyn Kenyon and Mandy M. Roth (Roth is very HOT, you need to be over 18 to read her) I'm so glad I found this group, the recommendations are great; I'm always looking for new authors. It is great to make new friends.

message 18: by Shannon (new)

Shannon  (giraffe_days) I just joined today.

I'm Shannon, I'm 28 and I got drawn into paranormal romance only last year after reading Twilight. Vampires never held any allure for me before then!

I'm fairly new to the genre, but so far I've read J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series; all of Lynsay Sands' Argeneau Vampires series except one cause I can't find it anywhere; the first five of Christine Feehan's Carpathian series (they're not well written but I like the premise); and Sherilyn Kenyon's Fantasy Lover , which isn't paranormal but people tell me is a prelude to a paranormal series. In YA, I've read the first two books in The Vampire Diaries and have the second two on my shelf to read - they're good, and if you liked the Twilight books I think you'd enjoy these.

I have some others on my shelf that I haven't got to yet, like Jennifer Argentrout's The Turning (Blood Price), and Sunshine by Robin McKinley. I'm currently reading Tanya Huff's Blood Price but it's more detective so I've been slack with finishing it.

So I'm all ears for recommendations. I like the darker stuff I guess, but Sands' books are funny and lighter and I enjoy them a lot too.

Thanks for the welcome!

message 19: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jen421) | 20 comments Hi all! I'm Jennifer (yes, another one) and I'm 28. I have been vampire obsessed since reading L.J. Smith's The Vampire Diaries in the 8th grade.

I have read a bunch of Anne Rice, and recently started in on the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, and the Anita Blake series by LKH. I have even read the original vampire story, Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Has anyone else read Shannon Drake's vampire/paranormal series? She usually writes historical romance, but did a series of about five or six books that centered around vampires, etc. (They're on my bookshelves here, if anyone's interested in more info.)

Looks like there are some good reading recommendations here. Happy reading!

message 20: by Shannon (new)

Shannon  (giraffe_days) Trinity,

I haven't actually started the Armintrout books yet, I just have the first one waiting on my shelf. But it's always good to hear from people who enjoy them, to motivate you to read it as soon as you can!

Jennifer,

I had no idea The Vampire Diaries had been around that long! I only bought the first two last year (they've re-released them in two-book volumes, which I love considering the cliff-hanger endings!), and I really enjoyed them. They didn't feel dated at all.

message 21: by MW (new)

MW Hello all - I just joined the group less than an hour ago and I am excited to see what everyone is reading. My vampire novel addiction I attribute to a love of Anne Rice that began as a freshman in high school and still runs strong a decade later. My favorites are Kim Harrison, Charlaine Harris, Kelley Armstrong, the previously mentioned Anne Rice, Laurell K. Hamilton, Keri Arthur and I recently read the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer.
I look forward to reading everyones reviews and being introduced to some authors that I can add to my list. :)

message 22: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:34AM) (new)

I'm prob the youngest here. But I'm HAnnah and i'm 12 and a 7th grader. I absolutley LOVE to read. Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse are the best. Tantalize, Blue Bloods, and Masquerade are also favs. I'm about to read Marked and Betrayed.

message 23: by calicheri (new)

calicheri Hi, I'm Cheri-one of the old ladies of the group-turning 50 this month. I love reading paranormal romances. I like all the authors mentioned already. I also like the shape shifter type books like Nalini Singh's Psy/Changlings series.

message 24: by Laura (new)

Laura (laurastamps) Hi, Cheri!

Hey, you're not old!! I'll be 51 years young on April 2, although I always feel 23 inside (grin).

I didn't realize there was a member thread here, so this is a short intro for me. I'm one of the Goodreads Authors, and so far 35 of my novels and poetry books have been published (with 5 more coming out this year). I am a Wiccan Faery Witch, write PNR series, and have been involved in feral cat rescue for 30+ years.

My fav authors are Sherrilyn Kenyon and Kathy Love. I'm finishing up the Feehan vamp series at the moment.

My lastest novel is called "The Witches of Dixie." You can check out what people are saying about it here at Goodreads and read the first two chapters at http://www.TheWitchesofDixie.blogspot...

Wonderful to meet everyone! Many of you are already friends of mine, and you know how much I love talking about PNR and vamp novels (grin)!

xoxo
Laura

message 25: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jen421) | 20 comments Welcome to all the newcomers. You're as young as you feel!

And to Hannah.... Please don't read the really adult vamp romances until you're a little older. (Sorry if I sound like a prude or a mom...) You're more than welcome to discuss the books you have read though. Lord knows I love Stephenie Meyer!

message 26: by Cat Singh (new)

Cat Singh Hi Everyone!
My name is Cat, i'm 22.
I'm no excited that you guys have all of these wonderful resources for my favorite book genre!!
I myself LOVE Laurell K. Hamilton (both Anita and Merry Gentry (fairie) series') I looked at a couple of the other threads, and for those of you who feel that there was too much sex in the later books, you should really give them another try. There were 2-3 books that were very sexual, but it's become much more plot/character oriented in the last couple books.
I also love J.R. Ward and her Black Dagger Brotherhood series, Christine Feehan, and Sherilyn Kenyon, oh and Mary Janice Davidson (betsy!).
I've been reading each series aloud to my husband, and he's totally hooked too!
Can't wait to hear more from you all!

message 27: by Starr (new)

Starr | 13 comments Hi Everyone!
My name is Starr and I am much too quickly approaching 30. I also love Laurell K. Hamilton and can't wait for Blood Noir! I also loved the twilight series and can't wait for the fourth installment (I've already pre-ordered it along with the new Jeanienne Frost book).
I love all books paranormal, but lately find myself attracted to faery tales like "Dark and Lovely" by Melissa Mar and "Ironside" by Holly Black. I've been looking for more vamp and witch novels, so I appreciate all the suggestions here!

message 28: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (mlhiggins84) Hi. I'm Morgan and I'm 23. I run the children's dept at a Barnes and Noble in Georgia. To list all the vampire authors I love would be silly but I agree with all the ones listed on this thread. I also want to recommend Patricia Briggs. Her main character isn't a vampire but the series is wonderful.

message 29: by A.J. (new)

A.J. Hampton | 2 comments Hello! My name is AJ and I've just discovered GoodReads not too long ago. I'm a write and a reader and I LOVE vampire books :) My all time favorite series is Anita Blake & Sookie :)

I'm 27, have 2 boys and have been with my husband for about 8 years!

I've written a variety of things, both contemporary and paranormal. Most of my paranormal is Urban Fantasy that so far has included vampires, shape shifters and witches!!

((Hugs))

AJ

message 30: by Aelin (new)

Aelin Lovelace (aelinlovelace) | 2 comments Heya! I'm Nonny. I'm 23, and an e-published paranormal romance author. I've loved stories about vampires back since... well, since I was a kid. One of my first stories ever was about a vampire cat. LOL!

I love the early Anita Blake novels, J. R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series, and of course, Angel from the Buffyverse (hey, he has his own graphic novel now, it counts as fiction!). I've read countless others but these are my favorite stories.

I'm definitely looking forward to recommendations from other people here, and talking about great (and bitching about not-so-great ;) vampire books.

Best,
Nonny

message 31: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicole_sea) | 2 comments Hey all!

I'm Nicole, 27, and a total bibliophile. I adore Vampire romance, but really will read just about anything that looks interesting to me. Yes, I often judge a book by its cover. Heh.

I'm currently working on "Club Dead" of the Sookie Stackhouse series and "Interred with Their Bones" by Jennifer Lee Carrell (think The DaVinci Code gone Shakespearean).

I'm really glad to be here and loving all the new titles I'm wanting to become addicted to just from seeing what y'all are reading.

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) Hi Jael, 25. I started reading paranormal boooks after reading Twilight and becoming instantly addicted. I love all paranormal stories, not just vampiresmy Favorite Authors right now are Charlaine H. LKH,Lynn Viehl,Patricia Briggs, Tate Hallaway, Lynsay Sands,Gerry Bartlett.Future series I planned to start are The Riley Jensen series, Asilinn Grey series, Queen Betsy series,Women of the Other World,and many more. My TBR is growing day by day, it's becoming pretty overwhelming. LOL

message 33: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Hey all, I'm 28 years old and have been addicted to vampire stories for a long time. I stopped reading for years and last year started up my obession again. Some of my favs are the sookie stackhouse series by charlaine harris, the blood ties series by jennifer armintrout, cassie palmer series by karen chance, twilight series by stephenie meyer.

I've also enjoyed the midnight series by lara adrian and the Queen Betsy series by mary janice davidson. Kitty Norville series by carrie vaughn. Just not as enjoyable as other series I've listed, but still good enough to read.

I haven't read any anita blake. I keep seeing the same comments over and over. Her early books are great, but the later ones get a little freaky. I'd like to read 'em, but than I'll have to finish the series b/c i started it and I don't want to get hooked on a crumy book b/c i'll upset myself.

I'm trying the read the witchling right now...a little slow, but the other 2 books are suppose to be good.

message 34: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Hi, I'm Ranata and I'm 28 and my vampire obsession began last year after reading the Twilight series. I had read other vamp books when I was younger and as a teen I read Christopher Pike's Last Vampire trilogy but that's as far as I dared go in vamp lit. I couldn't get into Anne Rice but after reading all the Harry Potter books and being in a "fantasy" mode of mind, I went out and got Twilight. Fell in love with them and moved on to Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse series. I have to say the Sookie books are the best to me so she's my fav right now. Thanks for good reads and the many groups I've joined, I've read LKH's Anita Blake (only up to number 4 though) and I have A LOT of books queued up. I'm a happy little reader!

Right now I'm reading "Staked" by J.F. Lewis and I have to say, look it up. It's a great read. It's hilarious and the protagonist (a guy) is a vampire with short term memory loss and a very, very bad temper. LOL. I love it.

message 35: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (celticrockchic) | 2 comments I'm Brittany. I'm a 23 year old receptionist with a job that most people would kill to have because when I'm not answering phone calls they let me read! I read probably 9-11 hours a day. I would be going through novels like crazy but since I've been reading out of the bible everyday it's slowed down my book count. I first got interested in reading when my mom made me watch "Interview with the Vampire." In the opening credits I saw it was a book by Anne Rice so I went and got it from the library and was hooked from then on!

message 36: by Chasidy (last edited Aug 15, 2008 12:52AM) (new)

Chasidy HI EVERYONE!!!
I see everyone has put there age so I guess I'll put mine too. Ha ha, I'm a retired 20 year old. Okay, I'm not really retired but many have told me I have the life of a retired person. Lol, I'm taking a year off of school due to the fact I needed to figure some things out and in doing so I began writing a story. Pretty much my days consists of waking up, going to the beach (to surf/read/write), coming home and I spend the rest of the day reading and writing more with the occasional shopping for NEW BOOKS! I love reading paranormal romance. Sherrilyn Kenyon is by far my favorite author with J.R Ward coming in behind =)

message 37: by BK (last edited Aug 15, 2008 02:24AM) (new)

BK Blue (paradoxically) Hi there. My name is Bonnie and I am addicted to paranormal romances - wait, this isn't an addicts group, is it? Oh well. I am 25 years young, and
my favorite is J.R. Ward's black dagger brotherhood series.

I also like Sherrilyn Kenyon's dark hunter series and the first 9 or so of the Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton (because I need a little more plot with my smut).

My favorite book from J.R.Ward's series is Lover Eternal. I am all about some Rhage, I cannot lie. I have not read Lover Enshrined yet, please forgive me.

I think I first really got into the vampire romance genre with Shannon Drake's books. I have read the first 2 of the Twilight books but I have to confess that Bella got on my nerves so much in the second one that I told myself "NO MORE". I love a story with good humor, especially of the sarcastic / smart a$$ kind. I am always open to recommendations, and feel free to add me.

Um...er...The End? :)

message 38: by Penny (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:16AM) (new)

Penny | 2 comments Hello Everyone
I'm Penny and I am soon to be 47.
I have read all but Breaking Dawn in the Twlight series and I have to say I really liked them.
My favorite author is Sherrilyn Kenyon.

My first Vampire book I think was by Shannon Drake When Darkness falls and it will always be my favorite since it started me on this journey.

I have just recently started reading Charlaine Harris's Sookie books and I really like them.

message 39: by Amy (new)

Amy (soccerfan) Howdy!
I'm Amy and I'm 31 going on 21.
I loved the Twilight Saga. I also love Laurell K. Hamiltona dn J.R. Ward. I'm going to start the Dark Hunter by Sherrilyn Kenyon due to many recommendations for it by those who also love LKH and the Warden.

I've thought of reading the Charlaine Harris Sookie books you'll have to let me know what you think of them.

message 40: by Amy (new)

Amy (ashz) | 4 comments Hi, I'm Amy. I'm 31 and live in the middle of BFE. I read only paranormal nowadays. I read mostly vampires, weres, shapeshifters, and witch books. I've read a few Elves, don't care as much for them. For me the main ingredients on picking out a book are: paranormal, romance or at least a hint of romance, and a good story. I think that's one reason I like the teen books. Most have more story than romance and the characters grow.
My favorite authors are: Stephenie Meyer, Kelley Armstrong, Charlaine Harris, Patricia Briggs, P.C. Cast, and Yasmine Galanorn.

message 41: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Wardrip (geniusjen) | 1 comments Hi all!

I'm Jen Wardrip. I'm the owner of www.teensreadtoo.com, a former reviewer for RomanceJunkies.com and Romantic Times BookClub Magazine, and a published author for Kensington Brava.

I love books, and will read just about anything, except historicals.

Looking forward to meeting others here in the group!

message 42: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kamrie) | 2 comments Hello Everyone I just turned 46 on christmas day and I love to read a wide variety of books. As a child I loved romance, murder mysteries and scifi and others areas. The Vampire romance just seemed to fit right in. As an adult I love it is less roamance and more of everything else but I still love the Vampire romances too.

message 43: by Starr (new)

Starr | 13 comments Amy (soccerfan) wrote: "Howdy!
I'm Amy and I'm 31 going on 21.
I loved the Twilight Saga. I also love Laurell K. Hamiltona dn J.R. Ward. I'm going to start the Dark Hunter by Sherrilyn Kenyon due to many recommendatio..."

Ha! Love that...31 going on 21! I've only had my second anniversary of turning 29. But with all the YA fiction I read, perhaps I should say I'm on my 11th anniversary of 19?!

message 44: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (kristinbattestella) | 1 comments I'm Kristin, from NJ. I've been browsing the groups for awhile and thought it was time to post! My novel The Vampire Family came out in 2008.

Are you spending a cold, dark New Year's Eve alone? Is it stormy, hail, thunder and lightning all around you? Never fear! It's the perfect time to cuddle up with The Vampire Family!

There's plenty of ways to give yourself a snuggly spook with Antonio, Victoria, Samantha and the rest of the sucky Welshire clan:

http://jsnouff.com/kristin
http://www.eternalpress.ca/vampirefam...
http://fictionwise.com/ebooks/eBook66...
http://vampfam.blogspot.com

Remember...Roses Can Be Deadly.......

Sadistic? Check. Domination? Check. Happiness? Not for all. Antonio Welshire accepts the mysterious Mestiphles' offer for vampiric power, but fails to consider that not all in his family desires evil. Daughter Victoria revels in the debauchery, but eldest daughter Samantha loathes the darkness. Enemies are in no short supply when the family turns to darkness. Charismatic rebel Gaston turns up to rival for Antonio's power; the vampire lover Jean can destroy them once and for all, and henchwoman Lilith seeks to supplant Antonio as Mestiphles' favorite. Who will be declared the victor? And in the end, though they've survived coven wars and persecutions since the 12th century, can The Vampire Family survive each other? Killing his abusive parents isn't enough for Antonio Welshire. Rape and death follow him through his youth in the 12th Century-until a stranger named Mestiphles give Antonio unimaginable vampire powers. Fearful yet captivated by his allure, Antonio's adopted sisters Ann and Elizabeth share this gift with him and their children-Victoria, James, Samantha, and Stephen. Antonio is a cruel ruler , and aafter his defeat of the young rebel Gaston, Antonio struggles with Lilith-another magical pet also created by Mestiphles. Antonio's vampire family grows over the centuries, each vampire loving and losing vampire fledglings over time. Wars, persecutions come adn go, but the family's troubles always stem from within. Elizabeth may be his wife, but Ann suplants her as Antonio's mistress. By the 20th century, Elizabeth has found love again-unfortunately her fledgling Jean share's Samantha's disdain for the vampire life. Will The Vampire Family self destruct before the 21st Century?

Look for our Valentine contest in February!

--
Fiction, Non Fiction, Reviews
by Kristin Battestella

kristin724@gmail.com
http://jsnouff.com/kristin
kristin724.livejournal.com
vampfam.blogspot.com

message 45: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 1 comments Hi everyone,

My name is Barbara and I'm thirty-seven years old. I've loved vampire romance since I was a teen...though they were much harder to find back then! If you want to look for some of those oldies, you might consider finding an old series by Linda Lael Miller. I also liked Queen of the Damned the best of all Anne Rice's books. It was very different from her others. Karen Harbaugh wrote a regency vampire romance that was fantastic. It might have been her first paranormal.
My most recent fav vampire romance was Sunshine by Robin McKinnley. ~Barbara J. Hancock
www.barbarajhancock.com

message 46: by Jessi (new)

Jessi  (jessim) Hello. I am new to the group. My name is Jessi. I am 28 and have a 2 year little girl. I love reading! I like romance novels, vampire, just about anything.

message 47: by Kelley (new)

Kelley | 9 comments Hello. Guess I'm the newest member. I've been reading vampire romances it seems like forever. I never get tired of them. My favorites authors are Laurell K. Hamilton, Keri Arthur, Christine Feehan,Amanda Ashley, Kim Harrison, Lynsay Sands, Carrie Vaughn, and...well, a whole boat load of others. My favorite genre is anything marked as Dark Paranormal Fantasy. Gotta love it. Right now I'm reading Night's Pleasure by Amanda Ashley. So far it's pretty good.

message 48: by Kaz. (new)

Kaz. Hi my name is Karen and I'm 41 years old, I read all the Twilight series about a year ago and loved them all, they have started me on a love of all Paranormal and UF books, I have had a real addiction lately and have been buying heaps of books, I've bought the whole Sookie Stackhouse series and I'm up to number 3, the first 4 of the Women of the Otherworld series and I'm reading Bitten at the moment, I want to read the Anita Blake series and I have the first 4 on order, I've also got Patricia Briggs books, the Riley Jensen series, P.C.Cast's and heaps heaps more, I'm also getting "The Host" for Mothers Day, can't wait to read it.
Looking forward to discussing books with everyone here.
Karen.

message 49: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Garrett | 4 comments Hey guys my name is Sammy Jo. I'm 19, a junior in college and just recently finished the Twilight series. I fell in love with the books and thought I would try out some more Vamp Romance. I am definitely taking notes from some of the more experienced Vampire Romance readers. Anybody know where a good place to start would be?

message 50: by Kaz. (new)

Kaz. Hi Sammy Jo, why don't you try the Sookie Stackhouse Southern Vampire series by Charlaine Harris, the first in the series is "Dead until Dark" they are a great read.

« previous 1