Druidry (not an official OBOD site) discussion

Launch Party for Biography of the Founder of OBOD

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ancestral (new)

Ancestral Gaidheal (gaidheal) When: 22 March 10 (Monday)
Time: From 7.00 pm
Where: Treadwells Bookstore, London, UK

"Journeys of the Soul: The Life and Legacy of a Druid Chief": Launch Party for Biography of the Founder of OBOD

Speaker: Philip Carr-Gomm and Oak Tree Press

Please join us for this launch party, celebrating the release of a new book of the journals and travel diaries of the founder of The Order of Bards Ovates and Druids, now the largest Druid group in the world.

Journeys of the Soul is the first complete biography, and gives an intimate glimpse into his life and mind. Photographs, sketches and reproductions of his watercolours accompanying the text, supplemented by letters and diary excerpts, with accounts of journeys to the pyramids in Egypt, the mountains of Bulgaria, a temple at Pompeii. (Oak Tree Press, March 2010).

Exhibition: For the week commencing March 22nd Treadwells will also display a selection of Nichols’ watercolours and drawings. Price: Free but advance booking required.

More Information Here.

message 2: by Holly (new)

Holly (ldytinne) | 7 comments OK, I will be the Druid to ask, as I am not a member of OBAD, who is the founder of OBAD?

message 3: by Holly (new)

Holly (ldytinne) | 7 comments Ár nDraíocht Féin must have "gotten their acorns in a twist" when the OBAD over took their place as the largest druid group in the world.

message 4: by Linda (new)

Linda (RevLinda) | 5 comments Holly wrote: "Ár nDraíocht Féin must have "gotten their acorns in a twist" when the OBAD over took their place as the largest druid group in the world."

Not really. The membership structure is different. Once you are an OBOD member, always an OBOD member. In ADF, members renew each year. So, it's like comparing acorns to pine cones, if you know what I mean.

message 5: by Linda (new)

Linda (RevLinda) | 5 comments Holly wrote: "OK, I will be the Druid to ask, as I am not a member of OBAD, who is the founder of OBAD?"

I am assuming they are talking about Ross Nichols, who Philip took over from in 1988.

message 6: by Holly (new)

Holly (ldytinne) | 7 comments OK, Thanks Linda. I like your acorns to pine cones comment.

message 7: by Gary (new)

Gary Colcombe (Silverwolf) | 2 comments Did anyone manage to go to the talk? If so, how did it go down? Would love to have gone myself but couldn't make it :(