Q&A with Christel Lim - Author of 25 Miles to Touching the Heart of God discussion

Your Book

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (new)

John Alexander (mrjohn) | 1 comments I love your book "25 Miles to Touching The Heart of God". I love they way that each point is a mile. I think the book would make a great daily devotional. Wish I plan on using with my Youth Group.
My question is how long did it take you to write the book? Who was the major influence/s in your life?

message 2: by Christel (new)

Christel Lim | 2 comments Mod
John wrote: "I love your book "25 Miles to Touching The Heart of God". I love they way that each point is a mile. I think the book would make a great daily devotional. Wish I plan on using with my Youth Grou..."

Thank you Mr.Alexander!

I took two and a half months to write it. I was searching for God whom I had never taken the time to really know. I was facing my own walls that I couldn't break down. I needed to know God's plans for me at that time because I felt that my own plans were just crumbling. I knew who God was, but I never really did know Him very well. So I think God decided that this great setback was going to propel me to my greatest direction.

The title just came to me, so were the words when I was writing. I was inspired so much by God when I was writing the book that everything was very smooth and easy. Everything fell into place. I used the theme 'miles' because I felt it was a journey I embarked on.

At that time when I was writing the book, it was actually a private conversation between me and God which I felt like I had to write it down. Just like friends having a converastion. I took the time to find out about Him and it was amazing.

message 3: by Shalonda (new)

Shalonda Williams-McClendon (shalondatreasurewilliams) | 1 comments John wrote: "I love your book "25 Miles to Touching The Heart of God". I love they way that each point is a mile. I think the book would make a great daily devotional. Wish I plan on using with my Youth Grou..."

That's cool! It would make a great devotional.