What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > Frozen Summer, Childrens Book? [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (missmeesh) I have been looking for this book for awhile...and with very little success.
I believe that it had a yellow cover, with a girl on it with braids. It was a children's/YA book.
From what I can remember, that summer was very, very cold, snow killed all of the crops, and her mother was pregnant. I do believe that she gives birth at the beginning at the book, in the middle of a snowstorm in July.
I also remember her getting lost and having to work in a shop like a general store after she fell off of the wagon or something like that? She also had a friend that they were really close until they had a fall out. I think. I could be mixing this up with another book, but any suggestions are wonderful.

message 2: by M— (new)

M— | 379 comments It sounds like your book was based on the Year Without a Summer historic event, and it sounds fascinating. I hope you find it!

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (missmeesh) I am pretty sure that yes, it was based on this event.

I remember something about people saying that sunspots were behind it too, thought that was never really proven. And I doubt that it was the real cause.

But thank you.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Frozen Summer by Mary Jane Auch?

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (missmeesh) Yes yes YES! That is it! You think with such an obvious title I would be able to find it, but I just couldn't get it.
Thanks so much!