Goodreads Feedback discussion

Suggestions & Questions > HITTING THE WRONG KEY

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mark (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:09PM) (new)

Mark | 36 comments I've had the experience of trying to start a post on a group site and hitting the wrong key before I had actually filled in a post, and then not being able to access that post at all, and I have the feeling it's happened to a few others, given the posts of the same title that have zero entries in them. Is there a way to either delete such mistaken posts or at least get back into the post to start afresh? The only solution now seems to be to start the post over again.

Jeez, I just reread this and it sounds incredibly anal, but there you go.

message 2: by Otis, Chief Goodreader (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:09PM) (new)

Otis Chandler | 4184 comments Mod
You can delete any post you make in a discussion board. Just click 'edit' next your comment, and there is a link to delete it on the next page.

message 3: by Lisa (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:09PM) (new)

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 8939 comments Yes, that's happened to me. See "Site Rating Glitch" on the next page of goodreads feedback with zero/0 posts in it. It's because I did write a post. Then the glitch got corrected so deleted my comment, but I could not delete the topic I created for it. See some other topics with zero/0 posts as well. Not a biggie but if there's a way to correct, I'd go back and delete mine/clean up things.

message 4: by Mark (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:10PM) (new)

Mark | 36 comments Lisa and Tracy: Yes, that's what I meant.

message 5: by Otis, Chief Goodreader (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:10PM) (new)

Otis Chandler | 4184 comments Mod
Ahh I understand now - sorry - and thanks for clarifying Lisa & Tracy! We will add a link for anyone to delete a topic with no posts, which should launch later today.