Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten? Or have seen someone eat on tv?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 157 (157 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I once ate a dog treat. A group of sixth graders dared me. I'm was 25 at the time.

You?

message 2: by Mary (new)

Mary (madamefifi) You mean, like a Milk Bone Dog Biscuit? Those are actually not bad at all.

I'm oddly squeamish about food so I avoid weird things. I'm sure I'm missing out on one of the great joys of life--eating entrails and insects and whatnot--but I'm totally OK with that.

message 3: by Misha (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) I like to mix a little ketchup into macaroni 'n' cheese. Some people think that's pretty weird. Conversely, I find ketchup on eggs pretty darned weird.

I think the thing I've eaten that I personally find the most weird, although others will disagree, is kalamari. I think eating squid in general is pretty weird. And rubbery. I don't think I'd do it again, although I've had friends tell me I just haven't had the right kalamari.

message 4: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17320 comments Mod
I once ate nineteen taco bell soft tacos.

message 5: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments In a row?

Ketchup on eggs is sick and wrong.

message 6: by Sally, la reina (new)

In a row.

Ketchup on eggs is delicious. I also like it on my grilled cheese sandwiches.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I obviously got this thread wrong, I thought you were going to talk about eating things like witchetty grubs & lemon ants etc. Good old fashioned aboriginal bush tucker. I've eaten the ants, couldn't do the witchetty grubs.

message 8: by Sally, la reina (new)

Well, if I had eaten something that weird I'd fess up to it. I think I did once eat brains in Spain. At least I think that is what it was.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I've enjoyed ketchup on mac and cheese, because that Kraft stuff needs something to jazz it up. Ketchup on eggs, not for me.

I like calamari, but I've had GOOD calamari. I've had escargot, which tasted like the butter and garlic it was swimming in.
Some professors think that cashews on pizza is weird, but I don't. :)

message 10: by Sally, la reina (new)

Nuts on my pizza pie? You must be nuts.

Oh, and I ate blood sausage. That was gross.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I've had egg on pizza, too. In France, a sunny side up egg, smack in the middle. Now THAT was weird.

message 12: by Misha (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) Did the brains in Spain fall mainly in the plain?

message 13: by Misha (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) You ate a Mexican boy band?

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Hahahahahahaha!!!
I think tongue is weirder than eyeballs, putting the tongue of something else on your tongue is just weird - but eyeballs are grosser.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I also find the Mexican boy band hard to stomach, Bun. :)

message 16: by Misha (last edited Mar 03, 2010 04:27PM) (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) Perhaps it was the wrong vintage?

message 17: by Sally, la reina (new)

I think eating eyeballs is the weirdest.

message 18: by Misha (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) There have been many vintages, none of which I find especially appetizing. The one in my previous comment is the 1980s vintage.

message 19: by Misha (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) BunWat wrote: "Although putting a stomach in your stomach is pretty odd too."

Well, it makes "you are what you eat" make a little more sense.

message 20: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I've eaten escargot and gator. I could never bring myself to eat frog legs intentionally... or squirrel... or dog.

I've also had Berty Bott's Every Flavor Beans.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Some one take the boy band off. Gross, I can't look.

message 22: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) You all can have all of the haggis, eyeballs, snake, gator, possum, raccoon, and snails -- unless I get really hungry.

I put ketchup on scrambled eggs once in a while. I think it's tasty. I like spicy salsa on my eggs, too.

No guacamole, though. Please.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I'll take Larry's guacamole.

message 24: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) *hands over the guac readily*

message 25: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Somebody eats testicles on the travel channel every couple of hours. It's like a rule.

message 26: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) With ketchup on them?

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Does ketchup make everything better?

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments No. Keep that ketchup away from my guacamole, thanks. :)

message 29: by Sally, la reina (new)

Take my guacamole too.

message 30: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Keep the guacamole away from my ketchup, please.

message 31: by Ben (new)

Ben I've had Haggis. It's the heart, liver and lungs of sheep. It was actaully good! They eat it up in Scotland.

message 32: by Sally, la reina (new)

Gross, Ben's eaten lungs. That beats brains, eyeballs, and testicles.

message 33: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Kidneys stink like pee. Or so I'm told. I thought haggis was intestines. Like chittlins.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments No, haggis is what Ben said, mixed with oatmeal, and cooked in the stomach of a sheep.

From Wikipedia: Haggis is a dish containing sheep's 'pluck' (heart, liver and lungs), minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock, and traditionally simmered in the animal's stomach for approximately three hours.

My dad, a Scotsman, wouldn't touch the stuff. :)

message 35: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Aren't bagpipes made from sheep's stomachs? I could be wrong about that.

message 36: by Ben (new)

Ben Wouldn't surprise me, Larry. The people out there are one of a kind. (In many good ways, I add.)

message 37: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Misha wrote: "Did the brains in Spain fall mainly in the plain?"

HAH!! Misha!

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

My in-laws make Knip, which is basically Cows tongue, pigs brain and steel cut oats. Sounds gross, but is quite tasty.

message 39: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments ooohhh. i have lots of weirdest things i have eaten. gotta think of the weirdest

message 40: by Her (new)

Her Majesty (hermajesty) | 122 comments a grilled grasshopper. Don't ask.

message 41: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Her wrote: "a grilled grasshopper. Don't ask."

Like on the grill of your car?

message 42: by Sally, la reina (new)

Don't ask Larry. Her just wanted us to imagine, in our own personal ways, how we might go about eating one. But she's not offering details, okay?

message 43: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) But ....

message 44: by Dario (new)

Dario | 63 comments lets see... meal-worms, cocunut curry... oh! and my friend used to eat ketchup on apple slices

message 45: by Her (new)

Her Majesty (hermajesty) | 122 comments I'm sparing you the details, Larry.

message 46: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Okay, but ....

message 47: by Lobstergirl, el principe (last edited Sep 29, 2010 09:37PM) (new)

Lobstergirl | 24099 comments Mod
I guess squirrel would be the weirdest thing I've eaten. It was good. Freshly shot.

message 48: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24099 comments Mod
Jackie "the Librarian" wrote: "I've had egg on pizza, too. In France, a sunny side up egg, smack in the middle. Now THAT was weird."

Happened to me in Italy too, though only at one restaurant. You could say we were surprised when the pizza came to the table...

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Petra X wrote: "Mudskipper fish eyeballs, suck and spit. Disgusting beyond belief."

Ewhhh, was this served at a restaurant or did you eat them as a dare when you were a kid?

message 50: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix (phoenixapb) | 1619 comments I don't think I've ever eaten anything weird, if I can't identify it by sight or smell, I ain't eatin' it! That's why I only eat at a select few chinese restraunts. You can always tell which ones aren't safe by the secrete smug smiles on the faces of the staff...that smile says "missing your cat? He's closer than you think!"

« previous 1 3 4
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.