Animal Rights Activists discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Pets > Pets-which are the best and why?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 03, 2010 02:42PM) (new)

I think dogs.Heck they're mans best friends!The are loyol (most the time).They even make you think that they're listening to you.I love dogs.I have two myself.Sure they've bitten me but they make up for it.

*LadyElk#30!*(KD) (nunyobiz) | 59 comments i have 5 dogs and i totaly agree !!!! heck yeah about mans best freind! mine are loyal (mostly) sweet (mostly again)and even though all but one have bitten i still luv them and none of them couls ever be replaiced.

Lol...Naruto Rocks! (Katelyn, Haku.) I think dogs and cats are the best. They are affectionate and loyal and love you.

message 4: by Cece (new)

Cece yup

message 5: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 08, 2010 05:07PM) (new)

i dont really like dogs. i like my cats, horses and chickens most. i like dogs sometimes, there not the best but i would NEVER abuse one! thats just too far!

message 6: by Aoibheann (new)

Aoibheann | 25 comments Snakes! Reptiles and cats are my favorite.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Aoibheann wrote: "Snakes! Reptiles and cats are my favorite."

I have both! 3 cats and a snake. (I also have 3 dogs and a fish). As much as I love all my pets equally, I think I like having cats the best.

message 8: by . (new)

. (onawhim) kitties, because they cuddle with you while you`re reading! :D plus, they`re adorable and can take care of themselves.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

My cats don't usually like cuddling. That's my dogs. . . I'd be ok with it except they stink.

message 10: by . (new)

. (onawhim) haha :)

message 11: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 01, 2010 01:49PM) (new)

:) Anyway they're big! So it hurts when they roll over on top of you.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

lol, my Lab thinks she's a lap dog...

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

*♥Nemonica♥* (Aka: Maria) wrote: "lol, my Lab thinks she's a lap dog..."

My mixed dog. . . not really sure what she is, she's pretty big (about as big as our labs) and she tries to get in my lap. :)

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Nice.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Personally I am dog lover, but I have cats too. Cats are a little more picky when it comes to showing affection, it is when they are in the mood. Kind of like people.
In a few years when I retire I want to get a donkey, don't ask me why they just seem like they would be great to have.
Pets are personal thing, many people have pets that I would never consider getting like snakes and rats. Doesn't mean they don't make good pets.
In one of my books I made one of the characters have a pet pig. I have only know one person with a pet pig. I am not sure I would have one but it worked for them.
My husband had a pet pig when he was growing up on the farm too.
But if I could choose only one pet, it would be a dog. I am really crazy about dogs, never been bit. I use to go up to all sorts of dogs and pet them when I was a kid. Drove my grandma crazy. I wouldn't let my kids go up to a growling dogs like I use when I was a kid and pet it. It is a wonder I didn't have scares from dog bites.
My poor grandma, she had so much trouble with me. I dragged home baby rabbits and turtles and said I was keeping them as pets.
She would return them to the wild when I was sleeping and told me they got loose.
Of course I never figured this out until I was older, but she did the right thing. Wild animals belong in the wild.
Now I have 4 cats and 3 dogs, all someone elses rejects. All the cats are strays or abandon and the dogs are from the dog pound or abandon.
But at least I am not dragging home baby rabbits any more.
I wouldn't recommend so many pets for anyone, they are a lot of work and money. But we have a few acres and it is all fenced in so the dogs have plenty of space to run.

message 16: by Aquanetta (new)

Aquanetta (frightening) | 28 comments I'm not sure... *Muses* I've got a dog right now... I like animals that can help in the Army mostly... Which I suppose are dogs and cats.

*LadyElk#30!*(KD) (nunyobiz) | 59 comments *♥Nemonica♥* §♦Epic cat lover!♦§ wrote: "lol, my Lab thinks she's a lap dog..."

hah!mine do too.not my labs though. there like 150 and 120 pounds.

message 18: by *LadyElk#30!*(KD) (last edited Sep 11, 2010 08:17PM) (new)

*LadyElk#30!*(KD) (nunyobiz) | 59 comments i have 5 dogs and 4cats and 2 horses and 3 fishe(at my grandmas)
i used to have a chocolate lab.he was my first true love.he was so sweet. but he passed away a few years ago...
but anyways...
ihave 2 black labs
1 german beagle(rarebreedand was a pound dog from florida)
1 jackrussel terrier
1 german shorthaired
ihunter jumper horse
1 shetland(maybe)pony
1 yellow cat
1 black cat with an whitetriangle on her chest
2 black and white cats
and 3 goldfish!
some are at my moms and most are at my dads
in my life ive rescued 4 animals...
but anyways yeah

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

HOW, someone that beats me.

*LadyElk#30!*(KD) (nunyobiz) | 59 comments hah!

*LadyElk#30!*(KD) (nunyobiz) | 59 comments ((the good 'ha!' ike 'ha, thats funny '))

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I used to have 3 lizzards at my grandmas a few years ago but she gave them back becouase we didsn't come to see them that much.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

of the pets i remember i ve had a total
11 pets
if you caount the pets my grandma had it would be 15 pets

message 24: by Aoibheann (new)

Aoibheann | 25 comments Sydney wrote: "Aoibheann wrote: "Snakes! Reptiles and cats are my favorite."

I have both! 3 cats and a snake. (I also have 3 dogs and a fish). As much as I love all my pets equally, I think I like having cats ..."

I used to have a cat...

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

We currently can't find one of my cats. :/ She's been gone since Friday. I hope she's ok.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Ah. Scratch that. I know roughly what probably happened to my cat. :/ Some boys down my street most likely did something to her.

*LadyElk#30!*(KD) (nunyobiz) | 59 comments Awww!so sorry!good luck!I wonder...maybe you could like sew them or something for stealing and or vandalizing your cat... if you even can vandalize ab animal...?

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, I have no proof they did something. What makes me think they did is that about two weeks ago- two of the boys who live own my street and two of their friends where at my house. One was in my neighbor's backyard, two where in mine hitting my dogs with shovels and rakes, and the other was standing watch at the gate. When my dad went out there, three of them ran away. The oldest stayed and tried to tell my dad that he was trying to stop them while he had a shovel in his hand. We called the cops and the policeman went and got their dad and brought him down to our house and told him all the things we could press charges for.

*LadyElk#30!*(KD) (nunyobiz) | 59 comments Oh my gosh!evil jerks!gtg,

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Yup. They're normally outside ALL day, but since them, I haven't seen them once. They're lucky. I might hurt one. :/ You don't mess with my babies.

Bye.

message 31: by Claere (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 50 comments Birds. I think parrots make the best pets. People say that birds are dim-witted, but they are actually extremly intelligent animals whose loyalty rivals- and even surpasses- that of a dog. My parakeet, Caspian's best animal friend was my brother's hedgehog, and when Hedgie died he cried bird cries. Caspian was so smart, he answered all my signals when I wanted him back in his cage and he took care of me when I hurt my knee seriously and couldn't even move. He NEVER pooped on me, except once, on my hair. I know some of you won't believe me, but we could TALK with each other. It was like telepathy. I could understand everything he tried to tell me. He even told me stories. He told me I should become a vegetarian and told me things. He was really my best friend. But then this stomach virus spread around Korea and he caught it and threw up. Throwing up is very dangerous for birds because they don't have lots of moisture in there bodies in the first place. And he died, on my hand. As he faded he told me good-bye. And then he never talked again. It was December then, almost my birthday. And I cried everynight for 2 monthes straight. And I still cry sometimes when I look at his empty cage or talk about him. He is the reason I'm a vegetarian and the reason I want to become and vet and the reason I'm an animal rights activist.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Lindsay wrote: "Oh my God, that's so sad. I feel that way about my cat, Isabelle. She can seriously tell me what she's thinking sometimes. I can tell when she's hungry, tired, thirsty, lonely, happy, or sad. And s..."

That's so sweet! I used to have a cat that did that.

message 33: by Claere (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 50 comments Lindsay wrote: "Oh my God, that's so sad. I feel that way about my cat, Isabelle. She can seriously tell me what she's thinking sometimes. I can tell when she's hungry, tired, thirsty, lonely, happy, or sad. And s..."

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! that's like soooooooooooooooo sweet!

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Lindsay wrote: "Oh my God, that's so sad. I feel that way about my cat, Isabelle. She can seriously tell me what she's thinking sometimes. I can tell when she's hungry, tired, thirsty, lonely, happy, or sad. And s..."

I'm the exact same way with my cat. I swear that she knows what I'm saying. Shes so sweet and has NEVER scratched, bitten, or harmed anyone. Even when some of our kindergarten and below friends got in her face or pulled her tail. Shes a good cat. I have rat and they make excellent pets. They will cuddle and just hang out with you. Believe it or not they are very clean animals and can be litter box trained ( we're doing that with ours now) they are super smart. even smarter than dogs and can be trained to do many tricks including swimming

message 35: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 28, 2010 12:29PM) (new)

Lexphie W. Runrose (my hunger games name) wrote: "Lindsay wrote: "Oh my God, that's so sad. I feel that way about my cat, Isabelle. She can seriously tell me what she's thinking sometimes. I can tell when she's hungry, tired, thirsty, lonely, happ..."

I want a rat! . . . Do the smell bad? Becuase any pet I want my mom is like: "They'll make your room smell bad!"

message 36: by Claere (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 50 comments My mom doesn't like rodents. There are like these REALLY cute furry rats at the pet store and I want one, but my mom says no.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

@sydney. they wont make ur room smell. he actually smells very nice :-)
@cair. awww. thats to bad. my mom and i love rats. my mom had one in college but couldnt keep it because she couldnt bring it to her house when she visited home because her mom dosnt like animals except for turtles. *sighs* anyway. hope u can convince her. our friend was going to get a turtle but then she came to our house and saw the rat and loved him. we told her she should get 1 instead of a turtle but her mom dosent like rats. next time we saw her she had just gotten 3 rats and now her mom LOVES them

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Lexphie W. Runrose (my hunger games name) wrote: "@sydney. they wont make ur room smell. he actually smells very nice :-)
@cair. awww. thats to bad. my mom and i love rats. my mom had one in college but couldnt keep it because she couldnt bring it..."

O.o I want a rat!

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

they're awesome pets and are very loyal. if my dad has to hold him for a second and i hav to putwinnie on there and then when i hold out my hand he jumps onto me. rats are suck-ups :-)

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha!

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

lol! i luv gr. its sooo much fun!

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

It is!

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

agreed

message 44: by Claere (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 50 comments I can't stand this!!! I want a mousy soooooooooo bad. *Chokes from want* AHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhh...... *Faints*

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

haha

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

I went to the pet store the other day and like stared at the rats. Then followed my mom around for like and hour asking if I can have a rat.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

haha! Great

message 48: by Claere (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 50 comments Did you get one?

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Nope. She said the only rodent-type pet I'd be allowed to have was a guinea pig.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

awww! to bad

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.