Tips for Self Promotion, Sales, and Advertising discussion

Advertising Tips > Tip for Advertising

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alice (new)

Alice (goodreadscomalicerene) Becoming Alice: A Memoir

Becoming Alice is travelling again. Check out: http://www.teensreadtoo.com/Opening.html

message 2: by Robert (new)

Robert | 34 comments A COMMENT AND A COMPLAINT
TO GOODREADS get these ads below my picture OUT OF MY FACE. This is a great way to ruin a good web site.

message 3: by Guido (new)

Guido Henkel (guidohenkel) | 130 comments C'mon, Robert... they offer a wonderful FREE community and as such they need to generate at least a modicum of income somehow. If that means looking at a few embedded ads I'll happily take it as a necessary evil.

message 4: by Robert (new)

Robert | 34 comments I understand that this site has to generate money. My concern and exception is the In-Your-Face ad location just below our profile photos, the type of flashy distracting ads that disrupts the continuity and the community of what the site is all about. They should learn from Facebook and Twitter and place the ads in a less obtrusive spot like off to the right. No Problem.
Also, and perhaps equally disturbing, the ads are, no big surprise, mostly books but the placement directly below our pictures make it appear that they are OUR BOOKS and that is dishonest. Considering the plethora of other up-and-coming author sites like boortour etc. Goodreads take note. It would not be the first great site to crash and burn from the weight of its own success.
Robert Mykle

Tips for Self Promotion, Sales, and Advertising

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Becoming Alice: A Memoir (other topics)