Beyond Reality discussion

Previous BotM--DISCUSSIONS > 2010-03 THIS ALIEN SHORE - Other books by Celia S. Friedman

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stefan, Group Founder + Moderator (Retired) (new)

Stefan (sraets) | 1667 comments Mod
Have you read any other books by C.S. Friedman? Did you like them?

(And by the way, the Fantasy Literature website - where I review - conducted an interview with the author a few weeks ago, if anyone's interested: http://www.fantasyliterature.com/auth...)

message 2: by Sandi (new)

Sandi (sandikal) | 338 comments I've read all her books except the latest trilogy. I'm waiting until it's done before I dig in. I read each book of The Coldfire Trilogy as it came out, but it was so long between books that I decided to wait for this latest trilogy.

I haven't started my re-read of This Alien Shore, it's been so long that the blurb doesn't sound the least bit familiar. I distinctly remember the title and I know I've read each of her books when they came out. My favorite is still her first book, In Conquest Born. I just loved that book.

message 3: by Shel, Moderator (new)

Shel (shel99) | 2240 comments Mod
I absolutely love her Coldfire trilogy - I think the ending of the series is one of my all-time favorite epilogues. I thought the middle book was the weakest, but still worth reading. I also read The Madness Season, which I quite enjoyed. I've been meaning to pick up more of her books and I am hoping to get around to This Alien Shore for the discussion, but I don't know if it'll be anytime soon.

message 4: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new)

Kathi | 3219 comments Mod
I, too, read and liked the Coldfire trilogy, although it was not an easy read for me. I have some other books by her on my shelf, unread for now.

message 5: by Sandra (new)

Sandra  (sleo) | 1141 comments I've never read either of the authors for this month. This website has opened whole new worlds (and books) to me. I'm excited to read her when I finish Carol Berg. And thanks for the link to Fantasy Literature. I joined.

message 6: by Ken (new)

Ken (ogi8745) | 1348 comments I have read the first 2 books of the Coldfire trilogy. Never read the 3rd, not sure why cause I enjoyed the first 2 books. Looks like I am going to dig em out for a reread.

message 7: by Random (new)

Random (rand0m1s) | 829 comments Sandi wrote: "I've read all her books except the latest trilogy. I'm waiting until it's done before I dig in."

Smart move. I'm having difficulties waiting for the 3rd book. :)

message 8: by Jensownzoo (new)

Jensownzoo | 32 comments I've read the Madness Season and enjoyed it. Currently waiting to mooch the middle book of the coldfire trilogy before I start reading. I like to be able to read a series/trilogy all the way through once I start if possible.