Debate discussion

Politics > Mormon governor try to make miscarriage illegal in Utah (Mormon an evil religion?)

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by James (new)

James Wilkinson | 205 comments You couldn't make this shit up.

message 2: by J. (new)

J. Guevara (jguevara) | 70 comments The whole state is nuts. has been ever since their Profit Bring 'em Young. And lately it's been getting worse. The only state where U-haul has to tag a return fee to the rental rate; too many leaving with no intention of coming back.

message 3: by Sheeky (new)

Sheeky (sheekster) Being charged with murder for having a miscarriage? First of all, that's really fucked up on SO many levels. Second, it's not like it's the woman's fault if she had a miscarriage! It happens.

message 4: by J. (new)

J. Guevara (jguevara) | 70 comments And it was a woman that introduced the bill! I'm surprised Pope Nazi hasn't thought of this one.

message 5: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 3163 comments There is no room for religion in society.

message 6: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 3163 comments People are already fucked up. Religion just fucks us up worse. And the most fucked up part of it is that when the people do the fucked up things they think they are doing good.

message 7: by J. (new)

J. Guevara (jguevara) | 70 comments "You believe in a book that has talking animals, wizards, witches, demons, sticks turning into snakes, burning bushes, food falling from the sky, people walking on water, and all sorts of magical, absurd and primitive stories, and you say that we are the ones that need help?" — Mark Twain

message 8: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 3163 comments that made me smile... i love it :D

message 9: by Dan (new)

Dan That reminds me of another quotation I've heard, which I often paraphrase:

Christianity is the belief that you can live forever if you eat the flesh of a zombie made out of bread who could walk on water and was his own father, thereby relieving your soul of a burden placed on it thousands of years ago when a man made of dirt ate a piece of magical fruit because his wife was tricked by a talking snake.

message 10: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 3163 comments priceless

message 11: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) | 2246 comments lol