Flight 815-ers Unite discussion

***SPOILERS**** > Season 6 spoilers

Comments Showing 1-50 of 219 (219 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 880 comments Mod
For some reason, i think the photo in the season 3 thread is jamming up my laptop. I cant access that thread anymore without locking up the laptop and forcing a shut down.

So I had to start a new one :(

SO this was a Sayid-centric sideways flash. And he is punishing himself by not allowing Nadia to love him. Talk about witholding.... damn!

Not quite sure what Jin was doing in the freezer. He works for Suns father, so perhaps Keamy (ugh, Horse Teeth!) and those goons were working for Suns dad too, perhaps that is who Sayids brother borrowed the money from? But then why the hell was Jin in the freezer?

Oh and interesting that Omar was taken to Jacks hospital. Did you see Jack walk by them?

Claire, Sayid, and Kate(tho unwittingly, it appears) are on NotLockes side. Miles hooked up with the Illana/Ben team, and Jack and Hurley are currently MIA. So is Jin (why isnt he still with Claire?) and Sawyer.

Pretty cool how NotLocke cleaned out the temple like that, but what the hey? Deegan was the one with the power to hold him back? I didnt get that either.

I thought this was a weird episode. Anyone else?

message 2: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 70 comments They said questions will be answered...I'm not sure I had any questions answered. :-) Are we sure Kate's on Flocke's side? She didn't really go with them necessarily - she just looked she had no idea what the heck was going on.

message 3: by JSou (new)

JSou This one was wierd. It seemed like a lot happened, but I'm still more confused than ever. Where the hell is Richard?? Didn't he say he was going back to the temple? Maybe he knew all that shit was going to go down, and is trying to get to Jack and Hurley.

message 4: by Claire (new)

Claire (clairebear8) | 44 comments The last we saw Jin (I think)is when he was with Claire, getting his leg worked on and telling her they needed to get to the Temple to get Aaron (he was lying to her). So your right, Lori, where the hell is he now? I just wonder when all is said and done and Lost will be no longer, will all the early stuff that happened in Lost have any significance to why they are on the island? Like Desmond working in the Hatch, keeping the island from blowing up or the Dharma people........??? Hopefully everything will tie in and we won't have wasted 5 years watching this show....LOL.

message 5: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

they have 10 more episodes left to explain it all... which I highly doubt they will do. There's not enough time, and they are still adding so many more questions to everything!!!!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

thats what makes lost so exciting, the fact that the questions dont seem to get answered, some do but then there more questions and mysteries... i dont think they will ever be answered...

message 7: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Thought it was interesting that just as Sayid (who was trying to be a good person to make up for all the wrong he has committed) turned “bad” in the flash sideways by killing Keamy and team, he simultaneously turned “bad” on the island when he killed Dogen (when he was trying to prove that he was still a good person).

message 8: by Lori (new)

Lori Re: Where the hell is Richard?
Next week's episode is all Ben and the week after is all RICHARD :)

message 9: by JSou (new)

JSou Sweet!!!! Thanks for the Richard info! I've been waiting forever for the Richard episode...

message 10: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Jessica, remember the Richard tease last year? We all thought we were going to learn so much about him. The only thing we learned was that Lockes jum,ping through time is what placed Richard at all of Lockes important moments throughout his life.... Other than that, they left him a mystery!!!

message 11: by Knarik (new)

Knarik David Shephard is a gifted pianist, performing "Fantaisie-Impromptu in C-Sharp Minor" at his audition for candidates as seen in "The Lighthouse."

Daniel Faraday, another gifted pianist, has also been shown playing this same piece as a boy and also in '04.
another idea:
If you compare the handwriting on David's Sheet Music to this song (on his desk at home) with the handwriting in Daniel's journal as seen in "The Constant," it would appear they match. Both are also written in red ink.

My theory is that Daniel Faraday is David Shephard's music teacher in the FlashSideways timeline.

message 12: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Damn! I had this big ole recap typed up and my pc crashed. So now, rather than try to rewrite it all... Here is tonites ep in a nutshell.

-Jack tempted fate, dared the island to let him blow up with Richard. Fate got a bitchslap!!

-Richard confirmed his agelessness and inability to die. I hear next week is supposed to be Richard-centric??

-Island Ben and Sideways flash Ben are better people now. Island Ben did not listen to Locke, and shoot first. He apologised and came clean, and it earned him Illana's trust back. Sideways Ben did not give in to the temptation and salvaged Alex's life (even though in this case she is not his daughter - he still did the right thing, by not sacrificing her for power).

-Richard is not on anyones side anymore. An island rebel now? He tells Hurley not to listen to Jacob. But is also running from NotLocke.

-Looky whose coming home! How the hell did ole Widmore find the island? And.. is he on NotLockes side? He befriended Locke before he died off island, talked him into the importance of returning to the island, though I believe he wanted him there ALIVE. Does he even know that Locke is dead, me wonders???

-Where is Jin? I want Sun and Jin to be reunited dammint!!

message 13: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (kalypso) | 70 comments That scene with Jack and Richard was awesome. I still wish they would kill Ben already...haven't these people learned their lesson already?

message 14: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 70 comments I honestly think Ben's a totally different person than he used to be. Unless he's still acting deceptive, which could be the case. But I don't want him to die - he's my favorite character!!! :-)

message 15: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

I think that once Ben lost his power, he truly began to change. I think he wants to do right now. If he didnt, he have shot Illana the second he got that rifle and ran off to be with NotLocke. But he didnt. He is sticking it out with the "good guys"...

message 16: by Sherry (new)

Sherry I thought the scene in which he explained to Illana why he killed Jacob was so heart felt (his acting was awesome in that scene!) that I can't imagine him being deceptive.

message 17: by Claire (new)

Claire (clairebear8) | 44 comments I agree, I thought Ben was being sincere in his explanation to Illana. This was a true moment of redemption for Ben. Its interesting how in the flash sideways, some of the characters are doing the right thing (i.e. Ben not selling himself or Alex out to get the principal's job)and Jack reuniting with his son - Kate taking care of Claire during her labor, etc. It seems to be showing that no matter how bad or "lost" someone can be, there is always a chance for redemption, second chances. I think Sayid thinks he doesn't deserve any more chances - from what he told Ben at the temple - when Ben told him to come with him to avoid the smoke monster, Sayid said it was too late for him (or something to that effect). I feel bad for Sayid. I hope he can get away from Notlocke.

As crazy and confusing as this show has been,I'm going to miss it and some of the characters.

message 18: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

He pulls off some of the best scenes I have seen in Lost. Even though he is horribly ugly, hahahaha, he is a genius at acting.

message 19: by Claire (new)

Claire (clairebear8) | 44 comments Do you mean, Sayid, Lori? I think he's pretty cute except I don't like his hair.......lol.

message 20: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (kalypso) | 70 comments I agree that Ben might be trying to do the "right thing" now but after all he has put everyone through does he really deserve ANOTHER chance?

I also agree he is an awesome actor as much as I don't like his character.

message 21: by JSou (new)

JSou I've always loved Ben (well, maybe not in the beginning). I also thought it was cool how they showed him and his dad living together. I wonder when and why they left Dharma? Very interesting...

message 22: by Claire (new)

Claire (clairebear8) | 44 comments Alex wrote: "I think she might have been talking about Ben AKA Michael. He's not the most attractive guy in the world, but he's downright hilarious and not to mention one of the best actors on the show. :)"

That is very true --- he's sort of geekish (especially in the alternate world).

message 23: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Formosa (melformosa) | 1 comments Is there ever a good reason to trust Ben? Ben reminds me of the boy who cried "wolf." Every time he seems trustworthy... he's not.

If you don't like Sayid's hair now, catch him in "The English Patient."

And BTW, WHERE IS SAWYER???????

message 24: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (kalypso) | 70 comments Melanie wrote: "Is there ever a good reason to trust Ben? Ben reminds me of the boy who cried "wolf." Every time he seems trustworthy... he's not."

Finally! Someone who agrees with me! :) There is definitely no reason to trust Ben.

message 25: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Yeah, I was talking about Ben in my last post (sorry to confuse). I like Sayid... not a bad looking lostie at all. But knowing that he has a british accent IRL is a turn off. I like the accent he uses on Lost much better!!

message 26: by Rach (new)

Rach (rachlovestv) | 64 comments I thought it was interesting when Richard said he can't die because he was "touched" by Jacob. And now here is Jack, who can't die, and he was also touched by Jacob. Is there a theme here? Would Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Hurley, Jin, and Sun live forever and not age, just as Richard has? Are they going to be as hard to kill?

I'm not sure it all makes sense yet, but just something I was thinking about.

message 27: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Were they the only ones touched by Jacob though? Locke was touched by him and yet he still died. Did he touch Sayid, or Claire?

message 28: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 70 comments I think the deal is that you can't die by your own hand if Jacob has touched you, which is why Richard wanted Jack to light the fuse, which is also why the fuse suddenly stopped burning because Jack can't die by his own hand. I'm wondering if Ben was aware of this because he was the one who ended up killing Locke. Ben knew that Locke had to be dead in order to go back to the island, and I'm wondering if he also knew Locke couldn't kill himself.

Jacob did touch Sayid. It was between the time the O6 left the island and when they all came back last season. It was when Nadia was killed by the hit and run.

message 29: by Rach (new)

Rach (rachlovestv) | 64 comments I doubt that Ben knew about it, but it is probably true that if Locke had tried to kill himself, something would have happened to stop his death - the rope breaking, or something like that.

I don't think Jacob ever touched Claire, though - at least, they never showed it.

message 30: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

The reason I ask about Claire and Sayid is that they both died (due to others) BUT when they came back, they came back with the darkness in them.... Locke, obviously IS the darkness...

So are they "dark" after death BECAUSE of Jacob's touch? Did Jacob's touch curse them to come back to life with the evil in them if they were to die?

Am I making sense?

message 31: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 70 comments Lori, I think I'm following you. Is this what you're saying: Jacob's touch gives you eternal "life" although you can die - you're just resurrected in a sense (kind of similar to Christianity). But if you've been touched and are killed you inevitably come back to life with the darkness.

message 32: by Knarik (new)

Knarik Interesting idea Lori. by the way, how did the episode end? I wasn't able to watch the last 10 minutes.):

message 33: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (last edited Mar 13, 2010 05:16AM) (new)

Amanda. Yes, in a nutshell, that is what I am saying. I think it's interesting... cause look at the Losties who have been killed, and suddenly resurrected. Locke, Sayid, Claire.

But Im not sure if he touched Claire or not. Im thinking yes, but I just cant remember when or how. And what about Charlie? He died of his own doing, so was he not touched? But was he touched? I cant remember him with Jacob either. If he was.... then is he not dead???????

The tailies are not touched though... so they just die and that's the end of them. Eko, Libby, Ana...

message 34: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Why doesnt it make sense to all of the people? I dont recall Jacob touching Eko, Libby, or Ana....

Was charlie touched by him? I cant remember that.

message 35: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 70 comments I don't think Charlie was - at least I don't recall him being in that episode. The people whom Jacob touched (according to season 5 episodes): Locke (after he fell from the building), Jack (at the hospital after his count to 5 method of dealing with fear), Sun and Jin (receiving line of their wedding), Kate (as a child when she was going to steal the lunchbox), Sawyer (as a child at his parents' funeral), Sayid (after getting off of the island after he and Nadia had been married for a year I think), Hurley (in the taxi after he got out of the mental institution). Am I missing anyone?

message 36: by Nanner (new)

Nanner | 45 comments Hi all :)
charlie came back to Hurley, we were led to believe he was dead...maybe he isn't really dead? just hiding out?
I wonder what happened to Micheal.
I wonder if notlocke killed sawyer? if so I wonder if sawyer will come back with the darkness in him?

message 37: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Micheal was blown up when the frieghter blew up. He was the one who sent it up in a ball of flames. AND... Christian had told him it was his time, he was released of his "service"... he was cursed with the inability to kill himself too, but I am not sure he was ever touched by Jacob.

Thanks, I didnt think Charlie was touched. So he would stay dead, I assume.

I think Sawyer is just out there in the jungle with Jin waiting on Lockes return. They are both probably wherever it is that NotLocke is now taking his "people".

message 38: by Nanner (new)

Nanner | 45 comments oh yeah I forgot about micheal blowing up...I wonder about walt

message 39: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Nanner, The last we saw Walt was when Locke visited him. He was in school, getting big, still living with his grandmother. He said he had had a strange dream about Locke and the island....

I think that was our closure to his storyline... though I am not happy about it. I want to know what gift he had and why he was so special to the others....

message 40: by Nanner (new)

Nanner | 45 comments yeah I think that was a real loose end, Im still wondering the same things. also still wondering if walt was the kid miles contacted, if so, walt is dead.
I always thought that claires former boy friend and aarons father was going to play into it but I guess not. and what about kates father? oy vey not enough time for all this. maybe theyll write a book

message 41: by Alicia (last edited Mar 15, 2010 04:16PM) (new)

Alicia (kalypso) | 70 comments Lori wrote: "Nanner, The last we saw Walt was when Locke visited him. He was in school, getting big, still living with his grandmother. He said he had had a strange dream about Locke and the island....

I thi..."

I hope that's not the last we see of Walt! That was a huge part of the story in the beginning...they NEED to answer some questions there or I will be very disappointed.

I keep hoping Charlie will come back also, I was pretty bummed when he died.

message 42: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Hahhaaa.... I am just freaking out because I know there are so many things I want answers to and they will never get them all in the remaining 9 episodes.

I am happy we are getting the answer to Smokey... Knowing it is the MIB and now just waiting for to find out who the hell the MIB WAS originally.. before....

And the numbers are being shown to us now as well....

message 43: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 70 comments I read somewhere - Lostpedia I think - that Walt probably won't show up, but we will still potentially hear more about his story line.

message 44: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (kalypso) | 70 comments Lori wrote: "Hahhaaa.... I am just freaking out because I know there are so many things I want answers to and they will never get them all in the remaining 9 episodes.

I am happy we are getting the answer t..."

Yeah, definitely freaking out! No idea how they are going to wrap up EVERYTHING in the next couple weeks. Although it seems far-fetched, I am hoping they will find a way to include everything that was brought up previously.

Also, I thought it was interesting that in the last episode Miles mentioned the diamonds buried with the couple in that random episode, I can't remember their names. Although it still doesn't seem like their storyline was wrapped up well, I am glad the writers didn't just totally forget about those two.

message 45: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Not a whole lot to chew on with this episode.

*In the sideways flash, Sawyer and Miles work together as cops, Miles hooks Sawyer up with Charlotte, Charlies brother is at Sawyers police station looking for Charlie, and Sawyer catches Kate running from the law.

*On the island, Claire trys to kill Kate, Jin was there in the beginning, where the hell did he go?, Sawyer is all about making as many deals as he can, but it also appears that he is starting to see the benefit of telling the truth.

Truth being this weeks theme. Locke telling the truth (or mostly the truth) to the losties, and Sawyer coming clean in both the sideways flash and on island.

Redemption time is upon us...

message 46: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (kalypso) | 70 comments Oh man Lori, you are quick. I almost read your comment before realizing you posted about today's episode...it airs here in 40 minutes! haha.

message 47: by Claire (new)

Claire (clairebear8) | 44 comments I didn't understand (my volume wasn't turned up enuf) when Sawyer was talking to Miles in the cop car. Who was he talking about that he was going to kill? He said he was looking for somebody in Australia and if he found him he would kill him. Also, why did he get so freaked out when Charlotte was looking at the slides? (despite the fact that she was snooping, it seems he sort of got his knickers in a twist when he saw her looking......)......

message 48: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (kalypso) | 70 comments Sawyer was talking about the guy who "killed" his parents...apparently he had the same childhood in the sideways flash. He went to Australia to find him and came back with a lead, the name Anthony Cooper. He told Miles he was looking for the guy and when he found him he was going to kill him.

message 49: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (kalypso) | 70 comments Lori wrote: "Not a whole lot to chew on with this episode.

*In the sideways flash, Sawyer and Miles work together as cops, Miles hooks Sawyer up with Charlotte, Charlies brother is at Sawyers police station..."

That was interesting to see even Sawyer as a good guy in the sideways flash. It's weird that most of the characters we have seen have been on a better path. I wonder why Kate and Charlie missed the memo...

message 50: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Anthony Cooper is Lockes real father. Well, that is one of his AKA's, anyway. Wonder if he will be showing up in the sideways flash.

I think Sawyer jumped on Charlottes case because that was his entire childhood, and life's research on the guy who killed his parents. Plus, didnt it appear as though she was looking for something... ?????

« previous 1 3 4 5