Terminalcoffee discussion

Random Queries > How Much Would It Cost For You To Shave Your Head?

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (last edited Mar 03, 2010 04:51AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Ok, one day you're sitting in your house and a friend approaches you and says, "I really want you to shave your head. I'm not requesting you shave your head for sexual reasons, this isn't a fetish, and rest assured there is nothing connected to this request, either positive or negative, that will change the world outside of your appearance. I just want you to be completely bald. As you know, I am a person of some means and many resources are within my influence. So...what's it going to cost for you to shave your head? Your compensation can be in money or some other form. You cannot, however, wear a wig or in any way, shape or form disguise your shaved head except for a hat when the weather is cold. I wouldn't want you to get sick. Your hair may grow back normally, and you never have to shave your head again."

How do you respond?

(Kevin, for you, or anyone already currently sporting the shaved head look, substitute "Crystal Gayle hair extensions" for "bald")

http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/stroll...

message 2: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6019 comments Depending on my alcohol intake at the time, I might do it gratis. Seems like it might be liberating not to be tethered to any hair product for a while.

As for the disguise, perish the thought. Let it shine!

message 3: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i will let you all mull this over a bit and then i will offer about 15 yrs of head shaving advice

message 4: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17320 comments Mod
I'd do it for a thousand dollars. Maybe more if the friend could barter. I've always wanted to try it out.

message 5: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i'll pierce my lower lip if you shave your head

message 6: by Sally, la reina (new)

I'll shave my head if you pierce your lip and give me thousand dollars.

message 7: by Mary (new)

Mary (madamefifi) I was gonna say I'd do it for the price of a nice human-hair wig but I see that's not allowed.

I am so very attracted to wigs.

message 8: by Sally, la reina (new)

I am too, Mary!

message 9: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments what is this, let's make a deal?

if you shave your head and i pierce my lip AND give you a thousand bucks you have to name your child kevin

message 10: by Megan (new)

Megan Anderson (ms_anderson) The cost of liposuction and possibly a new wardrobe so I could be hot like Natalie Portman when my head is all shaved.

message 11: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments What kind of wigs?

message 12: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments Albert: I'm leaving you my stereo...
Agador: I don't want it.
Albert: My red boots?
Agador: I don't want them.
Albert: And my wigs?
Agador: Which wig?

my fav line from Bird Cage. it was the way Hank Azaria said it that was the best

message 13: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments that is going to cost a lot. i love my hair.

message 14: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i say all we TC'ers get drunk on a Sat. night and group shave our heads. who is in?

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I would shave my head in return for a yearlong vacation in Hawaii. And really good sunblock, to protect my shaven head from the tropical sun until the hair grows back.

message 16: by Sally, la reina (new)

Ooooh, I'm joining Jackie.

message 17: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1107 comments 30,000 Euros! I'm very traditional! Cash would be fine.

message 18: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Check's in the mail, Rachel!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I sent cash Rachel, I'm trusting like that.

Tim (Mole) The Gunslinger (Mole) I would do it for a couple hundred but I would have to wear a hat or avoid society I look like a convict or a idiot some people have ugly melons and I AM ONE! Thank genetics or slow evolution I will have my lovely locks! but it will be gray in the to near future I noticed the other day that one of my patients who is in there 60s has less gray hair than me and im 32 and I know theirs is not dyed they have demntia so hair dye is not in the picture

message 21: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1107 comments @ Jim and Larry,

I havenae received any money. Till I do, I won't send pictures of my bald head.

message 22: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) No really, Rachel. It's on the way. You know you can trust me!

message 23: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1107 comments **cackles**

message 24: by Her (new)

Her Majesty (hermajesty) | 122 comments Nothing, I'd do it for free.

message 25: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Her wrote: "Nothing, I'd do it for free."

See, Rachel?

message 26: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24099 comments Mod
$500,000.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

There are 856 TC members excluding you LG. That would be a meer $584.11 each. You would have to post a picture though. Is is still worth $500,000?

message 28: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

$750,000.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Book book.

message 30: by Carol (last edited Nov 24, 2010 09:09PM) (new)

Carol | 1679 comments I was bald six of the last twelve months. If I shaved my head completely, I'd get a henna tattoo covering my head.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Curly tattoos Carol?

message 32: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments couple of hearts, vines, stuff like that. I pray to any passing deity that I won't ever need to work out the design.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

I hope you don't need to either. ::hugs::

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) This thread title is throwing me off. It looks like you're asking me to pay to shave my own head.

message 35: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

TC has all sorts of flexible payment plans, Stacia.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Just 3 easy payments of $29.99?

Pass.

message 37: by Edina (new)

Edina $10,000.

No wig. :[

message 38: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca White (rebecca_white) | 1028 comments I was afraid I was pushing it at $10.000. but hell, I'm going to go up to 80. That would pay off my student loans.

message 39: by Félix (last edited Nov 25, 2010 08:01AM) (new)

Félix (habitseven) I'd do it for $1,000. (It grows back, y'all.)

message 40: by Mary JL (new)

Mary JL (maryjl) | 250 comments Fifty thousand US dollars in cash. In advance. (I am NOT a trusting person!)

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

It's in the mail Larry. Now shave and post a picture.

message 42: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Direct wire deposit, USD, only. Then you'll see a picture.

message 43: by Lori (last edited Nov 25, 2010 10:32AM) (new)

Lori A lot. My hair is my crown! And I'm afraid it would come in steel gray fisherman thread quality.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

@Larry. Well give me your bank account details and would you mind just signing this form so I can send the funds?

message 45: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Gail "cyborg" wrote: "@Larry. Well give me your bank account details and would you mind just signing this form so I can send the funds?"

Oh sure I just fell off the turnip truck, Gail.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

:D

message 47: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments Maybe for the right charity. but probably not during the winter. It gets very cold in NH.

message 48: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments c'mon you wusses, shuddup or shave