Thoughts and Opinions discussion

Politics

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mitchell (new)

Mitchell Mcconnell | 2 comments Republicans are the best & most of the time do what's best for the country unlike the stupid ass democrats.

message 2: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 1225 comments Mod
Well, that was random and insulting. Can you back up your point? Or are you just spewing garbage?

message 3: by Dan (new)

Dan Like grinding government to a complete halt? Yeah, that's productive. Like spending hundreds of billions of dollars to invade a country for no reason and create a terrorist petri dish? Yeah, that's productive.

Here's a fun story about Republicans: Republicans, when not in power, like to abuse the filibuster to make it impossible for government to function. Then they accuse the government (and, by proxy, the non-Republicans in power) of being inept, and campaign as being the anti-government party. They don't care if they do harm to the country in the process, so long as it gets them back in power. For example, while Bill Clinton was in office, the government tried to make changes to a 122-year old mining law. The Republicans filibustered it, simply to make the Clinton government look inept, and as a result the U.S. was forced to sell $10 billion worth of gold rights to a Canadian company for less than $10,000. That's right, the Republicans intentionally cost the taxpayers $10,000,000,000 just so they could score some cheap political points against the opposition. Yeah. That's productive.

message 4: by Adris (new)

Adris (adristl) Dan wrote: "Like grinding government to a complete halt? Yeah, that's productive. Like spending hundreds of billions of dollars to invade a country for no reason and create a terrorist petri dish? Yeah, tha..."

I completely agree. I think the government needs change and Republicans just aren't willing to change where they are in power. I disagree with a lot of things Democrats do, but most of it I'm all for. I support the Democrat party and trust them to do their best. I just can't trust Republicans like that, they always seem to have ulterior motives. Not that all Republicans are like that, just most of the ones in power.