Best Teen Books discussion

March: What Have You Read Lately?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susan (new)

Susan | 39 comments Am I the only one who doesn't like endless threads? lol

I hope you'll respond to this one.

message 2: by Andy (last edited Mar 02, 2010 06:38PM) (new)

Andy (theon3leftbehind) | 10 comments Sorcerers of the Nightwing Book 1 The Ravenscliff Series by Geoffrey Huntington

I just read and finished (today) Sorcerer's of the Nightwing. It's AMAZING! It's so intense and it's definitely a page turner. I was a bit disappointed with the end though, when Devon goes into the hellhole to retrieve Alexander: there's not enough action while he's in the hellhole. I was expecting a crapload of things to go on and him fighting with Jackson Muir but it was a really bad anticlimax. Besides the bad-ish ending, the book was amazing and I'd recommend it to anyone who likes books about magic and evil beings.

The next book is Demon Witch and I'm super excited to start reading it. :D

message 3: by bjneary (new)

bjneary | 236 comments Right now I am enjoying the 2nd installment of the Mortal Instruments, City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare. I just finished the ARC for Linger (Shiver)by Maggie Stiefvater!

Angela Sunshine (angelasunshine) bj wrote: "Right now I am enjoying the 2nd installment of the Mortal Instruments, City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare. I just finished the ARC for Linger (Shiver)by Maggie Stiefvater!"

I'm jealous about Linger! Did you like it? Did you like Shiver? I can't wait til it's out.

message 5: by bjneary (new)

bjneary | 236 comments I loved Shiver and I think Linger is just as good, some new characters are introduced...but I love the way M.S. writes. I also read Ballad by M.S. and that is good also. Now I have to get my hands on Lament.

message 6: by Meg (new)

Meg I. (megingrn) I just finished reading Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward. It was a fun read since it has a similar setting like the first installment. But I was expecting a follow up on the characters on the first book. The book's good. If you are planning to read it, you should first read Dark Lover.

message 7: by Angela Sunshine (last edited Mar 07, 2010 09:33AM) (new)

Angela Sunshine (angelasunshine) Mary wrote: "I just finished reading Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward. It was a fun read since it has a similar setting like the first installment. But I was expecting a follow up on the characters on the first book..."

The whole series really needs to be read in order, since all of the characters progress even if it's not "their" book. I thought Wrath was okay, but Rhage's book hooked me!

These are not at all teen books by the way, don't pick them up for your high schooler!

message 8: by bjneary (new)

bjneary | 236 comments Jusr finished Book Two of the Mortal Instruments Series----City of Ashes and it did not disappoint!

message 9: by Susan (new)

Susan | 39 comments I read two really very moving stories: M+O 4EVR by Tonya Hegamin and Sweet, Hereafter by Angela Johnson.

I reviewed the latter here at goodreads.

message 10: by Angela Sunshine (new)

Angela Sunshine (angelasunshine) I just finished What My Mother Doesn't Know by Sonya Sones. It was really cute. A fast read too, because it's written in verse.

I'm starting ttyl by Lauren Myracle today.

message 11: by Julianne (last edited Mar 14, 2010 12:43PM) (new)

Julianne (jrvastbinder) I just finished Labor Day: A Novel by Joyce Maynard. It was amazingly written, but definitely better for teenage boys (or mature teenage girls) and adults. It's also a really quick read!

I can't decide what to read next, so if you could go to the link below, that'd be very helpful!

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/3...

message 12: by Jackie (new)

Jackie Lawrence (goodreadscomjylawrence) | 14 comments I just finished Some Girls Are which I liked but will not purchase for the High School Library. I am reading The of 100 Dogs by A. S. King which is really cute so far.

message 13: by Angela Sunshine (new)

Angela Sunshine (angelasunshine) Jackie wrote: "I just finished Some Girls Are which I liked but will not purchase for the High School Library. I am reading The of 100 Dogs by A. S. King which is really cute so far."

I would have to agree with your decision about Some Girls Are! I liked it too, and actually felt it was written just how high schoolers think... but the nonchalant talk about drugs is tough to recommend to kids. Even if it is true!

Have you read What My Mother Doesn't Know? It's a pretty good book and more high school library appropriate.

message 14: by Jackie (new)

Jackie Lawrence (goodreadscomjylawrence) | 14 comments AngelaSunshine wrote: "Jackie wrote: "I just finished Some Girls Are which I liked but will not purchase for the High School Library. I am reading The of 100 Dogs by A. S. King which is really cute so far."

I would have..."

I also felt that it very much related to teens. My problem was not only the drugs use but the use of the F word repeatedly on every page. A few here or there, oh well, but it got to be too much.

I haven't read What My Mother Doesn't Know but did purchase it for the library. I will need to add it to my list. TX

AngelaSunshine wrote: "Jackie wrote: "I just finished Some Girls Are which I liked but will not purchase for the High School Library. I am reading The of 100 Dogs by A. S. King which is really cute so far."

I would have..."

Jackie wrote: "I just finished Some Girls Are which I liked but will not purchase for the High School Library. I am reading The of 100 Dogs by A. S. King which is really cute so far."

message 15: by Anna (new)

Anna | 47 comments I just finished The Earth, My Butt, and Other Round Things by Carolyn Mackler. It addressed quite a few serious issues (weight, family pressure, date rape), but in a less somber way.