We Love Lisa Kleypas discussion

Off Topic (Non-Kleypas Chat) > Best Book You Have Ever Read

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 02, 2010 04:34PM) (new)

Hi Girlies ..
i thought it would be usefull to no some of our favourite books ..

Thread rules
rules
Best Book - that made you cry
Best Book - that made you laugh hysterically
Best Book - with the BEST EVER love scenes
Best Book - Errotica
Best Book - Epic /Historic Journey

Please limit your choices to one book p/section

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 02, 2010 04:36PM) (new)

The Bronze Horseman The Bronze Horseman (Tatiana and Alexander, #1) by Paullina Simons

All of the above
Cried
Laughed
great love and passion
Errotica
Epic /journey i will never forget

This book was the most amazing journey between two lovers there struggles,courage, heartache and their losses..really touched deep into my soul ..and the sex nothing short of Brilliant

message 3: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments See, that's too hard for me to do because there are so many genres and my moods change....

You need to add a catagory for

Best Book Read While PMSing
Best Book Read While NOT PMSing
Best Book Read After Eating Chocolate...

etc., etc., etc.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "See, that's too hard for me to do because there are so many genres and my moods change....

You need to add a catagory for

Best Book Read While PMSing
Best Book Read While NOT PMSing
Best ..."

ow that goooood .. ok

Cyn Mistress Kitty (beachlover) WOW! How to limit this?
Made me cry: The Raven Prince by Elizabeth Hoyt
Made me laugh: What Happens in London by Julia Quinn
Best love scenes: Passion by Lisa Valdez
Erotica: Claiming the Courtesan by Anna Campbell
Epic: Petals on the River by Cathleen Woodiwiss
OMG this is so hard to choose only one for each category.

message 6: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie Hayes | 1 comments Hello Everyone
I am new to goodreads.com, I have read sugar daddy and loved it, Lisa is a great writer.
Some other good books I would like to suggest are Linda Lael Millers Montana Creeds Tyler.
If you like series I LOVE the Janet dailey "Calder" series (I own each book) ALso I am getting into the Joan Johnson series bitter creek.
I am looking of a western romance with the story line of an older man/ younger woman, has anyone read such a book?

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Cynthia wrote: "WOW! How to limit this?
Made me cry: The Raven Prince by Elizabeth Hoyt
Made me laugh: What Happens in London by Julia Quinn
Best love scenes: Passion by Lisa Valdez
Erotica: Claiming the Cour..."

Hun you need to add covers :)

Cyn Mistress Kitty (beachlover) I wish I knew how to do that but I don't.

message 9: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Just click on the add book/author button above the chat box. Type in the name of the book and choose either link or cover :)

Cyn Mistress Kitty (beachlover) I don't know what's wrong but this is what comes up; The Raven Prince (Princes Trilogy, #1) by Elizabeth Hoyt

message 11: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments That's correct. What should it be? Do you have a different cover?

Cyn Mistress Kitty (beachlover) Oh wait, I get it. Here we go. Thanks.
Made me cry: The Raven Prince by Elizabeth Hoyt The Raven Prince (Princes Trilogy, #1) by Elizabeth Hoyt

Made me laugh: What Happens in London by Julia Quinn What Happens in London (Bevelstoke, #2) by Julia Quinn

Best love scenes: Passion by Lisa Valdez Passion (Berkley Sensation) by Lisa Valdez

Erotica: Claiming the Courtesan by Anne Campbell Claiming the Courtesan by Anna Campbell

Epic: Petals on the River by Kathleen Woodiwiss Petals on the River (Avon Historical Romance) by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss

message 13: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Good job!!!!!!!! *hugs*

Cyn Mistress Kitty (beachlover) Thank you. I love learning new things. It's the teacher in me.

message 15: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 380 comments It's really hard to narrow it down to just one choice each but here goes:-)

Lover Unbound by J.R. Ward

Tonight or Never by Dara Joy (pretty steamy too;-))

Best Book - with the BEST EVER love scenes
Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward

Best Book - Erotica
Jane and the Sneaky Dom by Hannah Murray

Best Book - Epic /Historic Journey
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #5) by J.R. Ward Tonight or Never (Legendary Lovers) by Dara Joy Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3) by J.R. Ward Jane and the Sneaky Dom by Hannah Murray Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon

message 16: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 152 comments Best Book--Made Me Cry
"Cry No More" by Linda Howard
Cry No More by Linda Howard

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Julie (Mom2lnb) wrote: "It's really hard to narrow it down to just one choice each but here goes:-)

Lover Unbound by J.R. Ward

Tonight or Never ..."

Julie i love your choices .. i have lover unbound .. read 10 pages and put it down .. guess i should pick it up again hey???

message 18: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 02, 2010 09:24PM) (new)

Auntee wrote: "Best Book--Made Me Cry
Cry No More by Linda Howard"

Hi Auntee .. just checked out the reviews on this book ..so many good reviews and so many 5 stars boy it looks totally intense .. i cant read reality or anything todo with children im like a tap i will cry my eyes out .. im so tempted to read it because im searhing for a real heartrenching book .. im a bit over the easy cheesy reads ... i mean i love them but i need another soul steeler ...

message 19: by Trang (last edited Mar 02, 2010 10:53PM) (new)

Trang Nguyen (laurenataca) | 1 comments Thanks for all the recommendations. I love looking at the GR group conversations and seeing what you guys read. I've discovered Carr, Blake, Dahl, Wilde, and Donovan from all your 5 star reviews.

Best Book - that made you cry... I have so many because I am such an easy person to cry, but off the top of my head would be: Annie's Song by Catherine Anderson
Best Book - that made you laugh hysterically... Didn't laugh hysterically but was definitely a fun read:
Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella
Best Book - with the BEST EVER love scenes... this one is a hard one. I just started reading over the past year but I have read so many books my mind is jumbled up. Have to think about this one..

Best Book - Erotica... Wicked Burn by Beth Kery

message 20: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 152 comments Rachael wrote: "Auntee wrote: "Best Book--Made Me Cry
Cry No More by Linda Howard"

Hi Auntee .. just checked out the reviews on this book ..so many good reviews and so many 5 ..."

I know what you mean, Rachael, about the crying thing, since that happens to me a lot. But I would suggest...suck it up, get yourself a big box of kleenex, and read this book--it's worth it!:) And there happens to be a happy ending, so don't worry--you'll get rewarded if you can make it through the tears.:)

message 21: by Pamela(AllHoney) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 469 comments I rarely get teary eyed when I'm reading but Cry No More by Linda Howard definitely made me bawl like a baby. Catherine Anderson has a few that came close.

Julie Garwood's The Wedding and Ransom made me laugh quite a bit.

Can't think of a particular book but Lisa Kleypas does some great love scenes

Not real huge on erotica but I do like Lisa Marie Rice and Sarah McCarty

I avoid epic type romances :)

message 22: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments I don't remember exactly which book it was because I have them in one big book with the first three of Stephanie Plum's series. But one of those or maybe all of the first three..bout made me pee my pants, I laughed so freakin hard!

message 23: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 380 comments Rachael wrote: "Julie i love your choices .. i have lover unbound .. read 10 pages and put it down .. guess i should pick it up again hey??? "

It was a 5-star read for me, Rachael, but there are a lot of people who disagree.:-) I'm actually not an easy crier. I may get teary-eyed, but I usually only read one or two books a year that make me really cry, and Lover Unbound was one of them. I think I just related to the characters really well.

message 24: by Kathy Anne (last edited Mar 10, 2010 07:11AM) (new)

Kathy Anne (kathyanne) After the Night-Linda Howard
Book that I cry the most over

Maverick-Lora Leigh
Erotica

Wild Jinx-Sandra Hill
Book that always make me laugh

One Foot In The Grave
The best in all categories,don`t know how I forgot to list it !

The Last Mercenary and
The Winter Soldier -both by Diana Palmer,
I know she has the same formula for each story but if you have never read her do read these two books.Her love scenes are awsome,and they are real love scenes. I just do my best to ignore the hero until these scenes come up.Linda Howard writes love scenes with the best of them ,and Gennita Lows ,Gem love scenes are the scorchers of all time,

message 25: by KarenH (new)

KarenH | 121 comments Book that made me cry
Wicked Angel (Rogues of Regent Street, #2) by Julia London Wicked Angel by Julia London (it kills me when the hero cries)

Book that made me laugh
Like No Other Lover by Julie Anne Long Like No Other Lover by Julie Anne Long (the drinking game)

Best Love Scenes
Passion (Berkley Sensation) by Lisa Valdez Passion by Lisa Valdez

Best Erotica
Deeper by Megan Hart Deeper by Megan Hart

Best Epic
The Pride of Lions (Highlands, #1) by Marsha Canham & The Blood of Roses (Highlands, #2) by Marsha Canham by Marsha Canham

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Karen ..
Pride lions looks great .. iv been searching for an epic read .. the only 2 that appear to be everywhere are "outlander and The Bronze Horseman"
can you tell me a little about it ..
is it a love story .. does it have good love scenes .. There a must for me ...

message 27: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 213 comments Rachael wrote: "Hi Karen ..
Pride lions looks great .. iv been searching for an epic read .. the only 2 that appear to be everywhere are "outlander and The Bronze Horseman"
can you tell me a little about it .. ..."

I've read them and they are NOT on the same epic scale as an Outlander or TBH. But I do recall really enjoying them. I'll have to see if I wrote a review I can't recall.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Dammm im never going to find a great one:(((

message 29: by Kelly (last edited Mar 06, 2010 05:09PM) (new)

Kelly  | 213 comments Rachael wrote: "Dammm im never going to find a great one:((("

We will. If I found The Bronze Horseman after Outlander I have HOPE! I never thought I would find another Jamie but then I found Shura!

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Im telling you .. i have been looking ..and looking im desperate for an epic read ..dont get me wrong i cant get enough LK or mild errotica .. but i really need EPIC .. something to tear me apart mind,body and soul .. im checking all the books people are posting as "epic"

message 31: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 213 comments Best Book - that made you cry - The Time Travelers Wife

Best Book - that made you laugh hysterically - The Bride

Best Book - with the BEST EVER love scenes - One Foot In the Grave - for the Fang and Lube alone this would be it. I actually felt like I had just had sex after reading this!

Best Book - Errotica - hmmmmmmmm.... This is hard I want to go with Addicted but based on just sex I will go with The Bikini Diaries

Best Book - Epic /Historic Journey - I just can NOT pick one so Outlander and The Bronze Horseman series!

The Bride (Lairds' Fiancees, #1) by Julie Garwood One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
The Bikini Diaries by Lacey Alexander Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon
The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons

message 32: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments I loved the Time Traveler's Wife, it was such a great love story!

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Kelly wrote: "Best Book - that made you cry - The Time Travelers Wife

Best Book - with the BEST EVER love scenes - One Foot In the Grave - for..."

owww nice choices Kell....hmmm One foot in the grave never heard of it is it PNR?

message 34: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 338 comments KarenH wrote: "Book that made me cry
Wicked Angel (Rogues of Regent Street, #2) by Julia London Wicked Angel by Julia London (it kills me when the hero cries)

Book that made me laugh
Like No Other Lover by Julie Anne Long Like No Other L..."

I'll have to get Wicked Angel. :)

message 35: by Kathy Anne (new)

Kathy Anne (kathyanne) I agree With One Foot In The Grave-a fabulous book,it is right up there with my other two all time favorites.

message 36: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 213 comments Rachael wrote: "Kelly wrote: "Best Book - that made you cry - The Time Travelers Wife

Best Book - with the BEST EVER love scenes - One Foot In ..."

yes PNR you should give it a shot Bones is to die for and they are light reads.

message 37: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Glover | 576 comments cry: Gone with the Wind. When Miss Melly dide, I cried like my best friend was dead!

laugh: The Bride

love scenes: Winter something by Elizabeth Loeell. The scene in the cave.

erotica: Wild
card, Lora Leigh

epic: outlander

epic:

message 38: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments I laughed hard at The Bride, too, Mandy!

I sobbed reading Acheron.

Erotica, but not labeled as such, Passion by Lisa Valdez

Epic, Lord of the Rings trilogy.

message 39: by MashJ (last edited Aug 01, 2010 02:41PM) (new)

MashJ | 733 comments Well- this list would vary for me depending on what day of the week it is but I've just been updating my bookshelf here and these are my current picks. Was I only supposed to choose romance books though?

Best Book - that made you cry - MM Kaye's "Shadow of the Moon".
Best Book - that made you laugh hysterically Douglas Adam's "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
Best Book - with the BEST EVER love scenes- how can I choose one! ok- Lisa Kleypas "Then Came You"
Best Book - Errotica- I don't really read books specifically in this category but Lisa Kleypas "Worth Any Price" was pretty warm and a fave of mine.
Best Book - Epic /Historic Journey Anya Setons's "Katherine"

Shadow of the Moon by M.M. Kaye The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide, #1) by Douglas Adams Then Came You (Gamblers, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Worth Any Price (Bow Street Runners, #3) by Lisa Kleypas Katherine by Anya Seton

message 40: by Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie* (last edited Aug 02, 2010 12:12AM) (new)

Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie* (httpsrakesandrascalswordpresscom) | 2140 comments Book that made me cry
Again The Magic by Lisa Kleypas by Lisa Kleypas

Book that made me laugh
The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgertons, #2) by Julia Quinn by Julia Quinn

Best Love Scenes
Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3) by J.R. Ward and
Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8) by J.R. Ward by J R Ward - couldn't choose between these two

Best Erotica
The Lady's Tutor by Robin Schone by Robin Schone

Best Epic
Acheron (Dark-Hunter, #15) by Sherrilyn Kenyon by Sherrilyn Kenyon

message 41: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Glover | 576 comments How do you put the book covers in with the post?

Also, please forgive any typing errors I might make. I sometimes get on with my phone and it is not easy to repair mistakes!

message 42: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Mandy, Just above the comment box there's a link called add book/author Click on that and you'll see down at the bottom a place to click link or cover. Click cover and search for your book that way. :)

message 43: by Mandy (last edited Aug 02, 2010 08:52AM) (new)

Mandy Glover | 576 comments Ahhhh . . .YAY!
Acheron (Dark-Hunter, #15) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

message 44: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments :)

message 45: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Glover | 576 comments Ohh! This could be dangerous! LOL! I love gadgets!!

message 46: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments So what's so great about The Bronze Horseman?