Axis Mundi X discussion

It's 103 degrees here today

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) | 3620 comments Mod
and I want to kill myself. :::cries in the corner wishing she had a handful of opiates:::

message 2: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) Oh, lawdy! It's too early to be this hot.

I blame Al Gore.

message 3: by Jackie "the Librarian", Cool Star Trek Nerd (new)

Jackie "the Librarian" | 1818 comments Mod
Sympathies, sweetie.
Squirt bottle, fan, and icy drink, Charissa. That's my prescription.
When I lived in Texas, I used to mist myself down at night when it got too hot to sleep.

message 4: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

It's totally Al Gore's fault. He invented global warming, that bastard.

Oh man Jackie, if I had to live through very many of these days a year I'd turn into a completely useless puddle. Unfortunately I'm in the middle of moving and nothing much is unpacked yet. The best I can do is cold washcloth. I'm laying as still as possible and watching The War documentary. At least those people are more miserable than I am.

message 5: by Ruth (new)

Ruth Days like you're having are why I moved to the beach last year, Charissa. No more 100+ days.

message 6: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (last edited May 15, 2008 02:16PM) (new)

good lord Koe... I hope you have AC. I don't and man I'm completely non functional today.

the beach sounds damn good right about now.... but one with fog.

message 7: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

home made swamp cooler. Damn, that's a kick ass idea. Thanks Donna! Yer smart... like Lassie. : )

message 8: by Not Bill (new)

Not Bill | 1062 comments Al Gore, you maginificent bastard!! I just got back from 2 hours at the pool....only got in once. Soaked up enough sun to fry a turkey. LOVE IT!!!

message 9: by John (new)

John (jilsao) What's that girl? Anthony has fallen down a well? Again?!? Fuck 'im. I wasted too much rope already...;-)

message 10: by Lori (new)

Lori Ugh! Charissa! UGH! My deepest sympathies.

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) It's been in the triple digits here, too.

If you're going to give Al Gore credit for today's heat, who do you blame for the abnormally cold winter this year? It was still snowing in MI, like, a month ago.

message 12: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

I blame George Bush, of course.

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Oh, right, silly me. I should have known!

message 14: by Jackie "the Librarian", Cool Star Trek Nerd (new)

It's actually pretty nice here, today in Olympia, for a change. The rhodies are blooming, the cherry trees are sprinkling pink blossoms all over the sidewalks, and it was a beautiful 71 degrees outside at 4:00 p.m. I took off my hoodie, it was so nice!

It's days like these that trick me into staying here during the long, cold, drippy winters and springs.

It's supposed to be in the 80's this weekend. Yahoo! Bike ride!
The meteorologists are being wet blankets about it, warning that the snow melt will happen too soon and too quickly. Bah humbug to them. It has been so cold and wet this spring, we can afford to melt some snow!

message 15: by Meridee (new)

Meridee | 10 comments I am so angry at the weather gods and goddesses!!! I live in the Pacific NW, it is not supposed to be in the high 70s right now and tomorrow we are supposed to get 92 degrees in Olympia. Something is so wrong. I abhor the heat. I detest the desert too. I want to move somewhere cooler like- Scandinavia, or Alaska, or the NW Territory. Or somewhere with rain and lovely clouds. Scotland, perchance.

My husband doesn't want to move to anywhere rainier or cooler. Oh, why did I marry for love? Arghhh!

I'm melting, I'm melting!!!

P.S. We are going to the storage tonight to get the air conditioner to put in the side door of the boat.

message 16: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) I've heard good things about the Whole House Fan.

message 17: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Pish Tosh. 92 degrees is nothing.

message 18: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony 60 and sunny. Move your ass to Wisconsin, Char.

message 19: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

I've never been to Wisconsin. Doesn't it get scary cold there in the winter? I liked Chicago when I was there, but I am told it was an unusually nice day. Besides... If I came anywhere within your svorchile radius there would only be trouble. ; )

message 20: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony Ha. Char, I love you forever for saying that I have a "svorchile radius." How do I work that into conversation? "You know, stand back, I don't want you within my svorchile radius." I'll have to think on this.

And yes, it does get pretty cold in the winter. This past winter was the worst in years.

Donna, I'm not a hot weather person at all. I'd rather have 30 below than 110.

message 21: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Damn that George Bush.

message 22: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony Yeah, Donna, don't you get a shitload of Lake Erie snow out in NY?

message 23: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

RA... try this: "I'm sorry my hand lept onto your left breast, but you moved within my svorchial radius."

Donna... you can have the heat. I have Norweigian and Celtic blood, I'm with your Scandahoovians. I always want to migrate north when this weather hits.

message 24: by RandomAnthony (last edited May 15, 2008 09:01PM) (new)

RandomAnthony Wait a second. Exactly what is a "svorchial radius." I thought it made me cool but now it makes me sound like a perv.

Dammit, Char...

Donna, my wife grew up in Rochester and swears she never saw the ground all winter and got snow in May.

message 25: by Jackie "the Librarian", Cool Star Trek Nerd (last edited May 15, 2008 08:53PM) (new)

I've been to Wisconsin, and it may be nice now, but there's wicked humidity in the summer.

I had a very unpleasant 12th birthday (July 25th, if you are wondering) in Wisconsin, forced to camp in mosquitoey woods with my aunt, uncle, and two loud, obnoxious cousins.

I still hate camping...

message 26: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony Not by the lake, Jackie. It's really not all that humid, at least to me. You were probably up north in the woods. I stay away from all that camping near the mosquitos.

message 27: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony Uh...is that good? Will it help me with the chicks?

message 28: by Jackie "the Librarian", Cool Star Trek Nerd (new)

Okay, you've got me, RA. It was just that one spot that was particularly bad. Then when went on to Devil's Lake, which was really nice I must say.

It was just that the bad camping happened on my BIRTHDAY, and there was this thing that happened with a Pepperidge Farm cake (all the frosting got stuck to the inside of the box, and I had a bald cake), and I'm very attractive to mosquitoes...

message 29: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 129 comments RA, you're insane. You go to the lake to drop six degrees off the temp, but it's not any less humid. I remember when I first visited San Diego in the middle of August, flying from Minneapolis, and because California's sunny I expected it to be hot there. I went from 95 degrees, 90% humidity to 78, 40% humidity. It was heaven. I was ready to never leave.

I prefer being warm to being cold, but I want it all in a moderate range, ultimately. And I hate air conditioning--no matter what, it just makes me freezing cold.

message 30: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony What! No way, Lisa. You can feel it off the highway driving east. I don't find Wisconsin particularly humid. New Orleans is humid.

I'd prefer about 65, 70 and sunny most of the time, with a breeze.

message 31: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

Anthony, my sweet, having a svorchial radius means that all (what did you call us) chicks (ahem), once we have come close enough to feel your powerful magnetic pull, will inexorably be drawn toward you, even against our wanton protestations. How you choose to deal with us once we have been drawn into the darkness of your sexual magnetism is up to you. Hopefully we will not be turned into singularities.

message 32: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony Goddamn, Char. Thank you. I want to put that on a business card and hand it out. My ego owes you one.

message 33: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Lisa, I love San Diego. I almost moved there for college but then I got engaged and didn't want to leave my fiance. But the weather there is ideal.