Endicott Mythic Fiction discussion

The Wood Wife
This topic is about The Wood Wife
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
The Wood Wife > The Wood Wife - Discussion

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Reem (new) - added it

Reem (reemhkattan) | 49 comments I would, except my book is in Florida and I am all the way in California at the moment. I have a LOT of books from this group that I need to read and catch up on and a lot of discussions I would like to participate in. All I can say so far is, I am particularly excited about reading this because I love all of Ellen Datlow and Terri Windling's anthologies and would love to finally read a book fully written by Windling. I am a HUGE fan of her artwork as well. Her new website is up, but I am sure everyone already knew that.....

Anyway, please do not be angry about my absent, friends. I am always traveling and have had my plate full for the last few months. I will be back in action in about a month or so. Although, I may not be able to participate in all discussions when I get back to the KSA because not all books are available there. Salam good friends.

message 2: by Ramona (new)

Ramona Gault | 84 comments Ms. Reem, you are quite mysterious! It's always intriguing to read your posts.

message 3: by Terri (new) - added it

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 29 comments yes her artwork is brilliant isnt it? I recently read a children's book called a midsummer's Night's Faery Tale by Jane Yolen where she did the art. Stunning.

Bill (reedye) | 14 comments Terri wrote: "yes her artwork is brilliant isnt it? I recently read a children's book called a midsummer's Night's Faery Tale by Jane Yolen where she did the art. Stunning."

I've got them. No Jane Yolen though. There are three books altogether but Terri wrote them and art/dolls are by Wendy Froud (wife of the equally wonderful Brian)

message 5: by Reem (new) - added it

Reem (reemhkattan) | 49 comments Ramona wrote: "Ms. Reem, you are quite mysterious! It's always intriguing to read your posts."

Oh wow. That is the first time I have been called mysterious. Oooooh, I am flattered and am happy that you find my posts interesting, as I find everyone in this group as well as their posts very interesting. You can call me Reem, miss Ramona :0).

message 6: by Odette (last edited Mar 11, 2010 06:36AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Odette | 316 comments Mod
Great news! I just heard back from Terri Windling & she's agreed to do a Q&A with us this month. We're working out the details now & I'll let you know when it will start.

If you didn't follow our last Q&A with author Christopher Barzak, the way it works is that a Q&A thread will show up in the book discussion thread on a particular date & you'll be free to post your questions for the author there. The author will post responses when s/he has a chance. It will be "active" until the end of the month (or longer, at the author's discretion).

So get your Wood Wife reading on & start assembling your questions! :D

Absolutely!

Emilie | 69 comments Odette wrote: "Great news! I just heard back from Terri Windling & she's agreed to do a Q&A with us this month. We're working out the details now & I'll let you know when it will start.

If you didn't follow ou..."

thanks odette! that is really really really cool!!! she is a heroine of mine.
i think maybe i'll re read the book again, now.

message 9: by Ramona (new)

Ramona Gault | 84 comments Thank you for doing this, Odette. I'm thrilled!

Thanks for suggesting it, Ramona. :)

Pamela Lloyd (pameladlloyd) | 45 comments Wonderful news! Thank you, Odette, for inviting her. :)

message 12: by Odette (last edited Mar 15, 2010 08:38AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

update - no word yet from Terri Windling about when Q&A will start, but she had mentioned that she didn't have regular access to email.
Will post again once I hear back. :)

Pamela Lloyd (pameladlloyd) | 45 comments One of the Women in Folklore posts on the SurLaLune Blog recently was about Terri Windling. You can read the post here: http://surlalunefairytales.blogspot.c...

Emilie | 69 comments thanks pamela. i haven't been to surlalune in awhile and i am interested in reading their posts on women in folklore.
i liked the one on terri windling, though i wish it had been longer.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.