Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '09 - '10 > Anya Bast

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (last edited Mar 02, 2010 02:12PM) (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 3995 comments If she has a link already and I missed it I am sorry :-(.

Anyway, I read the Elemental Witches series and it was ok, not great but not bad either and enough to keep me interested.

Recently I picked up her new fae series called Dark Magic Wicked Enchantment (Dark Magick, #1) by Anya Bastand I have to say I am finding this series much more impressive. I am only about halfway through so you know my predictions could be correct but it moves at a good pace and I like the world of the fae (reminds me of the Merdith Gentry world :-)).

message 2: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3087 comments I liked both series.

Dawn there is a prequel in Hot for the Holidays (Includes Breeds, #20; Mageverse, #9; Stormwalker, Prequel) by Lora Leigh about the new fae series, you might want to check out if you are liking this story.

message 3: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I liked her elemental series, but my library doesn't have her Dark Magic series yet. I'm glad to hear you like it Dawn!

The Romance Reviews (Carole) (The_Romance_Reviews) | 10 comments I also couldn't quite get into the Elemental Witches series. I picked up Witch Heart, but couldn't get past chapter one. I like Wicked Enchantment better.

message 5: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Witch Heart was the first book right? Yeah I disliked that one in comparison with the next few.. it definitely suffered 1st book syndrome.

The Romance Reviews (Carole) (The_Romance_Reviews) | 10 comments Jess, I'm not sure, you know. :) I just picked it up in the bookstore coz it's the only one I saw, but I remember there were lots of Witch books out already.

The thing with Witch Heart is that it started slow for me. The heroine Claire was running away from some assassins who wanted the magic within her. She came from another world and was sent to Earth through a portal and it took some time for her to meet up with the hero. I was still at the part about her running and she met this guy who was a psychiatrist who wanted to put her in the institution and I gave up.