The Mortal Instruments Fans discussion

Randomness > Fave lines

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brianna (new)

Brianna  (whateven) i luv the last three

message 2: by Daylighter (new)

Daylighter (pantea13) "Jesus!" Luke
"Actually, it's just me," Simon. "Although I've been told the resemblance is startling."
-
"...Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?'
Jace said, "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself."
..."At least," she said, "you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland."
"Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting."
-
"...in fact, don't touch any of my weapons without my permission.'
"Well, there goes my plan for selling them all on ebay,"
"Selling them on what"
"A mythical place of great magical power."

These last three were my favorite one's too, although i love anything that came out of Jace, Magnus and Simon's mouth throughout the books.

here's some other ones i like:

"Malachi scowled. "I don't remember the Clave inviting you into the Glass City, Magnus Bane."

"They didn't," Magnus said. "Your wards are down."

"Really?" the Consul's voice dripped sarcasm. "I hadn't noticed."

Magnus looked concerned. "That's terrible. Someone should have told you." He glanced at Luke. "Tell him the wards are down.""
-
""Don't order any of the faerie food," said Jace, looking at her over the top of his menu. "It tends to make humans a little crazy. One minute you're munching a faerie plum, the next minute you're running naked down Madison Avenue with antlers on your head. Not," he added hastily, "that this has ever happened to me.""
-
"haven't you ever heard that modesty is an attravitive trait?

only for ugly people, the meek may inherit the earth, but at the moment it belongs to the conceited. like me
"
-
"If you were half as funny as you think you are, you'd be twice as funny as you are now."

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

LOL!! I Just love this series xD

message 4: by Amelle, The Shadowhunter (new)

Amelle Kyre (the_shadowhunter) | 292 comments Mod
Even in half demon hunter clothes, Simon, Clary thought, still looked like the sort of boy who'd come over to your house to pick you up for a date and be polite to your parents and nice to your pets.

Jace on the other hand, looked like the sort of boy who'd come over to your house and burn it down for kicks.

--

jace- Who wants to do me?
Magnus - Regretable choice of words

--

Isabelle- i forgot thats what gets you all hot and botherd, jace, girls killing things.

message 5: by Jazmyn (new)

Jazmyn | 34 comments "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade, and then throw it in the
face of the person who gave you the lemons until they give you the
oranges you originally asked for."

"I am a man" he told her,"and men do not consume pink beverages. Get thee gone woman, and bring me something brown"
-Jace Wayland"

"...in fact, don't touch any of my weapons without my permission.'
'Well, there goes my plan for selling them all on eBay,' Clary muttered.
'Selling them on what?'
Clary smiled blandly at him, 'A mythical place of great magical power."

"We came to see Jace. Is he alright?" -Clary

"I don't know," Magnus said. "Does he normally just lie on the floor like that without moving?"

"Jace: Do you remember back at the hotel when you promised that if we lived, you’d get dressed up in a nurse’s outfit and give me a sponge bath.
Clary: It was Simon who promised you the sponge bath.
Simon: As soon as I’m back on my feet, handsome.
Jace: I knew we should have left you a rat.
"

"Just because you call an electric eel a rubber duck doesn't make it a rubber duck, does it? And God help the poor bastard who decides they want to take a bath with the duckie." (Jace Wayland)

"I'll just have them change the entry in the demonology textbook from 'almost extinct' to 'not extinct enough for Alec. He prefers his monsters really, really extinct.' Will that make you happy?"

"You could have had anything else in the world, and you asked for me."
She smiled up at him. Filthy as he was, covered in blood and dirt, he was the most beautiful thing she'd ever seen. "But I don't want anything else in the world."
-Jace and Clary" (so sweet!)

"And now I’m looking at you,” he said, “and you’re asking me if I still want you, as if I could stop loving you. As if I would want to give up the thing that makes me stronger than anything else ever has. I never dared give much of myself to anyone before – bits of myself to the Lightwoods, to Isabelle and Alec, but it took years to do it – but, Clary, since the first time I saw you, I have belonged to you completely. I still do. If you want me."

"It wouldn't be my move,' Jace agreed. 'First the candy and flowers, then the apology letters, then the ravenous demon hordes. In that order."

message 6: by Amelle, The Shadowhunter (new)

Jazmyn wrote: ""When life gives you lemons, make lemonade, and then throw it in the
face of the person who gave you the lemons until they give you the
oranges you originally asked for."

THIS IS NOT FROM THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I am a man" he told h..."

message 7: by Kehler (new)

Kehler (setter1424) | 41 comments Yeah i keep seeing that as a quote from mortal instruments but i know its not ive read it enough times to know!

message 8: by Amelle, The Shadowhunter (new)

same

message 9: by Moochi (new)

Moochi | 8 comments God these crack me up!

message 10: by Amelle, The Shadowhunter (new)

these are lines from an interview with cassandra clare
http://www.yareads.com/author-intervi...

Will, you’re quite a mysterious person and in a way, I’m not sure what to ask, I’m kind of speechless. Do you find you have that affect on people often?

Will: It’s quite natural to have the urge to fall down and worship me as a sort of god. Feel free to go about it. I won’t even notice.

How’s everyone feel about Church moving in?

Jem: He’s a fine little cat.

Tessa: He does tend to come up upon one at unnerving times. He’s made me jump into the air several times.

Will: That’s nothing, I found him staring at me in the bath the other day. Of course, given the chance, who wouldn’t?

Jessamine: We have a cat?

Charlotte: He certainly is an unusual cat. I’d like the Silent Brothers to look at him.

Henry: I could dissect him.

Everyone else: NO.

Ah Will, always a flirt. A big thank you to Cassandra Clare!

i thought Will was Hysterical