Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Donna Jo's February

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3534 comments Another great book month
1. The Fourth Angel by Suzanne Chazin (I'm not sure about this series yet gave it a 7 1/2 and said I wouldn't run out to buy the next book. Haha I seemed to have it already must have bought it at a library sale or something it was discounted)
2. The Diving Bell and the Butterfly by Jean dominique Bauby (rated it a 9 sure wasn't what I expected. I would have been interesting to see how they did a movie)
3. Lye in Wait by Cricket McRae (rated 9 1/2 I'll have to mark this in my book listing that I carry with me that I have to look for future books in her series when I get to a ubs)
4. Speed Dating by Nancy Warren (9 1/2 rating, 2nd ipod read, never can go wrong with this Nascar series)
5. The Education of Madeline by Beth Williamson (rating 9, romance, new to me author)
6. HoKus Pokus by Fern Michaels (9 rating, am I ever going to get caught up with this series #8th in series)
7. Southern Lights by Danielle Steel (9 rating, library book)
8. Brava Valentine by Adriana Trigiani (10 rating, library book, second in series)
9 Alex Cross's Trial by James Patterson & Richard Dilallo (rating 8, library book)
10. Be My Valentine by Debbie Macomber (9 1/2 rating, 2 reissues My Funny Valentine and My Hero)

11. Blind Side by Catherine Coulter (9 rating, another are we ever going to catch up in this series, 8th in series)
12. The Mission: Crazy Hot by Tara Janzen (8 1/2 rating, 1st in series, new to me author)
13. By Reason of Insanity by Randy Singer (8 1/2 rating, 3rd ipod book, new to me author)
14. Heart's Desire by Andrea Fuller (9 rating)
15. His Second Chance Family by Raeanne Thayne (rating 9, good last fast book of the month)

So far 32 books books read in 2010. I have to get moving on reading and finishing books for March now. I haven't gotten any reading done in my current books in the last day or so.
Again another good book month of a mix of different types of books.

message 2: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3604 comments Good month, DJ! Cricket McRae's books are almost impossible to find at used book stores. The wait lists are long for them on PBS, too.

message 3: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3534 comments Maybe the library will have them.

message 4: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 865 comments Wow, DJ! You're a reading machine!

message 5: by Ann (last edited Mar 04, 2010 05:11AM) (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14396 comments DJ - great list! I am glad you were able to finish The Fourth Angel - sorry you didn't like it as much as you had hoped. I thought it was good for a debut book and very suspenseful.

Donnajo wrote: "Another great book month
1. The Fourth Angel by Suzanne Chazin (I'm not sure about this series yet gave it a 7 1/2 and said I wouldn't run out to buy the next book. Haha I seemed to have it already..."

message 6: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3534 comments I'm a reading machine because I signed up for one of the boards that like a challenge to read 144 books in 2010. And I think it's motivating me to read more than the 12 books a month so I get ahead. My goal is to read more than the last year or two and maybe even more than 144 books. But I'm on a slump this month so far I haven't gotten much reading done and none nothing finished yet. But maybe today.

message 7: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1610 comments Go DJ! What a great month ;)

message 8: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3534 comments Thank you now if I can only start finishing books for March I'll be in good shape too. Today I only got to read for awhile this morning since I've been at my sister's (spending time with Robbie and Isabelle)since before lunch.