The Complete Idiots Guide to the Ultimate Reading List discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
I just finished. > March - I just finished.

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by MJ, Idiot's Top libriarian (new)

MJ | 1332 comments Mod
This is a place to discuss books you finished reading in March even if they are not on the list.

message 2: by Trisha (new)

Trisha Just finished Poisonwood Bible. A great story and I was just sucked into the family. A great book!

message 3: by Marti (new)

Marti (marjay) I just finished reading Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah. Long book and it kept me up at night having to read it!

message 4: by Beverlee (new)

Beverlee Just Finished Remarkable Creatures by Tracy Chevalier. I felt like I was in England hunting fossils!

message 5: by Marti (new)

Marti (marjay) I just finished The Postmistress bySarah Blake.I would encourage others to read it. It is a relevant book across a variety of settings.

message 6: by Beverlee (new)

Beverlee Rainwater by Sandra Brown. Always easy to read but this was not her traditional style. Great reading on a chilly, gray day.

Shelby *trains flying monkeys* Over the weekend I finished Saving Ceecee Honeycutt: A Novel...loved it. Also finished Little Bee and would have liked it better if the characters weren't such boogers. I ended up only liking 2 of them. Little Bee and a little boy who wouldn't take off his Batman outfit. :)

message 8: by Kim (new)

Kim I finished The Weight of Silence last week and really enjoyed it. I will be looking for more from this debut author in the future.

message 9: by Jackie (last edited Mar 10, 2010 06:29AM) (new)

Jackie (thenightowl) For the month I've completed Hard Eight, Journey to the River Sea and Broken Paradise: A Novel.

message 10: by Linda (new)

Linda Deadly Little Lies (Touch, #2) by Laurie Faria Stolarz Deadly Little Lies by Laurie Faria Stolarz.

message 11: by Marti (new)

Marti (marjay) I just finished An Impossible Attraction by Brenda Joyce. It was just what I needed on a cold rainy Sunday.

message 12: by Beverlee (new)

Beverlee The Help by Kathryn Stockett - LOVED IT!

message 13: by Trisha (new)

Trisha Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris. It was actually great. A hilarious take on one man's life.

message 14: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thenightowl) The Bride- It was "meh" for a Julie Garwood romance. Also finished Dead as a Doornail.

message 15: by MJ, Idiot's Top libriarian (new)

MJ | 1332 comments Mod
I finished A Touch of Dead by Charlaine Harris. This is a series of short stories about Sookie.

What's a Ghoul to Do? by Victoria Laurie. This is a short book with a fun story about a female "ghostbuster"

message 16: by MJ, Idiot's Top libriarian (last edited Mar 23, 2010 09:57AM) (new)

MJ | 1332 comments Mod
Last night I finished The Spellmans Strike Again (Spellman Series, Book 4) by Lisa Lutz The Spellmans Strike Again by Lisa Lutz. This is one of my favorite series and I am so sad that Lisa Lutz will not be writing any more about the Spellmans. Of course there is the rumor that they are making a movie out of the first book. I highly reccomend this series.

message 17: by Amber (new)

Amber Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang by Chelsea Handler I love her and her books make me laugh. She just gets me and I can't stop laughing. I find myself wishing I could go on vacation with her! If you have not yet picked up one of her books you should do so RIGHT NOW! :)

message 18: by Amber (new)

Amber I totally forgot that I finished Darkfall by Dean Koontz yesterday as well. I started reading it when I left Utah and finally finished it yesterday. It was a really on the edge of your seat book. However the ending was a bit short of the target! I would have liked to see more.... I would give it 3 stars!

message 19: by Debi (last edited Mar 29, 2010 02:09PM) (new)

Debi (debjm51) I recently finished Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier. Something I wouldn't have read without it being recommended to me. It was a slow read for me but it was a very enjoyable slow read, now I have the movie on it's way..smiles.

message 20: by MJ, Idiot's Top libriarian (new)

MJ | 1332 comments Mod
Debi wrote: "I recently finished Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier. Something I wouldn't have read without it being recommended to me. It was a slow read for me but it was a very enjoy..."

This is one of my all time favorite books. Plus its on the Complete Idiots list and I do love crossing books off the list.

message 21: by Debi (new)

Debi (debjm51) MJ wrote: "Debi wrote: "I recently finished Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier. Something I wouldn't have read without it being recommended to me. It was a slow read for me but it was..."

Okay one questions are we suppose to make a list of books we want to read from the Complete Idiots list??

message 22: by MJ, Idiot's Top libriarian (new)

MJ | 1332 comments Mod
Debi wrote: "MJ wrote: "Debi wrote: "I recently finished Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier. Something I wouldn't have read without it being recommended to me. It was a slow read for me..."

No!!! This thread is for any book you read please let us know if you liked, disliked or inbetween. ;)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.