Comic Books discussion

The Go**amn Batman! > comics --> cartoons

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eric (new)

Eric | 62 comments any other big cartoon fans in our group?

i just wanted to see what you guys would like to see if you could have any comic book story arc be turned into an animated/cg cartoon.

personally, i have always wanted to see the knightfall series of batman be portayed on the small screen, in possibly a mini-series esque fashion. the batman TAS really did not give bane justice at all (lucha libre hitman?), and that has always been one of my favorite story arcs

message 2: by Tamara (new)

Tamara (flooby) | 15 comments Oh, gosh...there are so many. Being a big fan of the Legion of Super-Heroes I'd love to see a direct-to-DVD release LSH movie. Preferably not based on the WB cartoon series but one more true to the Legion comic.

Daredevil has so many fun story arcs that are perfect for direct to DVD. The current Brubaker storyline would be great for one as a matter of fact.

I quite enjoyed the Dr. Strange DVD and wouldn't mind seeing more of those. His weird forays into mystical dimensions are perfect for animation.

message 3: by Eric (new)

Eric | 62 comments is the dr strange animated film pretty good? i have watched a few of the other marvel ones, and thought they were so-so. but if you recommend it, maybe i will check it out

message 4: by Tamara (new)

Tamara (flooby) | 15 comments The weakest were the Ultimate Avengers movies. Iron Man and Dr. Strange were better. They take some liberties with their origins but they're decent. If you can pick them up for under $10, definitely worth it.

message 5: by Eric (last edited May 30, 2008 08:35AM) (new)

Eric | 62 comments i am still getting around to watching dr strange, but i want to highly recommend the pilot of "the amazing screw on head". it is a fun toon that was adapted from a mignola one shot story (which i still haven't read). personally i loved it and the animators really captured mignolas art style PERFECTLY (the animated hellboy movies could learn a thing or two, hehe). unfortunately, the pilot was met with lackluster numbers and was never picked up. hopefully it returns sometime in the future.

message 6: by Tamara (new)

Tamara (flooby) | 15 comments Ack! That was on television? I just googled and saw it was on the SciFi Channel. I saw a preview for it on a Hellboy DVD and thought it looked like a hoot but always assumed it would be a direct-to-dvd release.

message 7: by Eric (new)

Eric | 62 comments oh yea, from what i've read, it was originally aired on scifi as a pilot and then viewers were supposed to have voted to see if it would become a show. you are right though, it has been released on dvd recently (a couple of months ago?), and i have been meaning to pick up sooner or later. unfortunately the dvd only contains a few extras and the pilot, but still highly recommended.

message 8: by Eric (new)

Eric | 62 comments also, some interesting comic/cartoon news:

a new batman animated cartoon is coming to dvd - batman: gotham knight. saw the trailer and looks great (i think it is a few short story batman films put together). a bit more anime in its style, but a great to hear the same batman voice from batmas tas (kevin conroy?). coming out in the summer i believe.

message 9: by Eric (new)

Eric | 62 comments just watched "batmn: gotham knight" dvd and although it was interesting to see anime-esque takes on batman as well as the return of conroy as THE voice of batman, to me it was ultimately underwhelming and a bit disappointing.

message 10: by Tom (new)

Tom Troutman Im waiting on the newest Batman from Netflix. The Amazing Screw on Head pilot was fantastic and it blows my mind that the Sci Fi Channel didnt pick it up. Instead they show classy movies with names like "Toxificated Earwigs Who Prefer Rape" that feature truly next generation special effects.

The last Hellboy animated movie was a bit underwhelming but it had a Lobster Johnson teaser and that got me a little hyped. I did some research and it is no longer in production. Boo!

message 11: by Tamara (new)

Tamara (flooby) | 15 comments I watched Batman: Gotham Knight Wednesday with my kids. My littlest (5) was bored but he was tired and cranky. My oldest (12) enjoyed it. I thought it was much better than the Superman Doomsday movie and this is coming from a big Superman fan.

Having Kevin Conroy back was great. I love his Batman.

message 12: by Eric (new)

Eric | 62 comments i've yet to watch superman doomsday, but since you think it was worse, prob no need to see it anytime soon, hehe.

what?! they were gonna make a lobster johnson animated movie/series and they scraped it? what the heck is going on? he was pretty cool in the hellboy tpb i read a couple of months ago.

btw, i heard about a wonder woman dc animated project. does andybody know if it is another movie, or a series?

message 13: by Tamara (new)

Tamara (flooby) | 15 comments I believe it's going to be an animated movie much like Superman Doomsday and Batman: Gotham Knight. There's a preview of it on the Gotham Knight DVD. It looks decent...basically a retelling of her origin story.

message 14: by Hanna (new)

Hanna Rose (hanna_rose) The cartoons of comics I love...SADLY are the Teen Titans. Which anger me, because they aren't all really the Teen Titans. Like, one of the first episodes is the begining plot line of 'The New Teen Titans.' I have the whole "The New Teen Titans" series mineus four of the five issues about Donna. But it angers me that they took the plot(Like about Raven getting taken over by Trigon) and put it in the cartoon...with different charecters.. D:

message 15: by Adrien (new)

Adrien (drainster) | 8 comments If you are interested in seeing Batgirl: Year One animated, there is a petition here:
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/b...

message 16: by Bob (new)

Bob I'd like to see Batman: Hush and The Blackest Night storyline in the Green Lantern Universe done by D.C. comics animated film division.

message 17: by Jon (new)

Jon Sommers | 4 comments BATMAN BEYOND as a definite!!!!

message 18: by Jon (new)

Jon Sommers | 4 comments Wait no!! Justice League of America kinda like they did the avengers movie but with the JLA