Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Dawn's February Reads

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1270 comments Not many books this month!

Final Exam by Maggie Barbieri
Heat Wave by Richard Castle
Edwin of the Iron Shoes by Marcia Muller
A Faint Cold Fear by Karin Slaughter

A Faint Cold Fear was my fav of the month. Barbieri continued to entertain. It took me a while to get into Edwin, but I did like it in the end...its a much slower paced book than I'm used to. Heat Wave was probably the weakest, but because I just discovered the show on tv, I enjoyed it.

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14410 comments Dawn:
Quality makes up for quantity! ;)
I love Marsha Muller's Sharon McCone series. They have been going on so long that some of the older books can seem a bit slower, but so many of them are great! While Other People Sleep is my favorite.

Dawn wrote: "Not many books this month!
...Edwin of the Iron Shoes by Marcia Muller
A Faint Cold Fear by Karin Slaughter "

message 3: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1270 comments Thanks Ann...I did end up enjoying it enough to request the next book from the library.

Ann wrote: "Dawn:
Quality makes up for quantity! ;)
I love Marsha Muller's Sharon McCone series. They have been going on so long that some of the older books can seem a bit slower, but so many of them are gre..."

message 4: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3621 comments i'm reading a faint cold fear. slaughter sure jumps right into the story. ;)

message 5: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1270 comments Sherry wrote: "i'm reading a faint cold fear. slaughter sure jumps right into the story. ;)"

Sherry, I have the next two Slaughter's sitting in my pile right now and I'm itching to get to them but I have a couple books due ahead of them, so I'm trying to read them first. Slaughter is definitely a new fav of mine who I never would have found without this group.

message 6: by Ann (last edited Mar 02, 2010 09:42PM) (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14410 comments Dawn and Sherry:
I agree, Karin Slaughter's books are great! I am "sort of patiently" waiting for my turn with Undone.

Dawn wrote: "Slaughter is definitely a new fav of mine who I never would have found without this group. ..."

message 7: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3621 comments Ann wrote: "Dawn and Sherry:
I agree, Karin Slaughter's books are great! I am "sort of patiently" waiting for my turn with Undone.

Dawn wrote: "Slaughter is definitely a new fav of mine who I ..."

ann- most of slaughter's books are pretty inexpensive on the kindle- about $6 or so if you want to check them out ;)

message 8: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14410 comments Thanks Sherry:
It turns out that the latest Slaughter book, the one I haven't yet read, Undone is $14.30 in the Kindle edition, $17.16 hardback. Luckily the book is on the way to the library hold shelf for me now!

Sherry wrote: "most of slaughter's books are pretty inexpensive on the kindle- about $6 or so if you want to check them out ;) .
"

message 9: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3621 comments Ann wrote: "Thanks Sherry:
It turns out that the latest Slaughter book, the one I haven't yet read, Undone is $14.30 in the Kindle edition, $17.16 hardback. Luckily the book is on the way to the..."

well that's a pricey one..lol
i guess it's her older ones that are so inexpensive.