100+ Books in 2021 discussion

2010 Lists > Teresa Leigh's 2010 100+ book challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 57 (57 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 7: by Teresa (new)

message 12: by Tom (new)

Tom O'Connor | 21 comments Teresa wrote: "10. A Confederacy of Dunces"I love this book, still laugh out loud when I read it! Did you like it?

message 13: by Teresa (new)

Teresa Kmetz Tom wrote: "Teresa wrote: "10. A Confederacy of Dunces"I love this book, still laugh out loud when I read it! Did you like it?"

Actually, I didn't find the book particularly funny. I actually found the relationship between the characters to be rather sad and I just did not get the Levy's story line. That being said, there were a number of sections during which I laughed out loud.

message 16: by Teresa (new)

Teresa Kmetz 14. Inkspell

message 17: by Teresa (new)

message 18: by Tom (new)

Tom O'Connor | 21 comments How was this? I've read almost all of the Cross books, but I was starting to get a little burned out on them. They started to seem to run in very familiar trends. Was this book worth reading?

message 19: by Teresa (new)

Teresa Kmetz Tom wrote: "How was this? I've read almost all of the Cross books, but I was starting to get a little burned out on them. They started to seem to run in very familiar trends. Was this book worth reading?"

In my review I summed it up as "Alex Cross does it again." That is probably the best way to describe the book. It is certainly the usual formula. My compulsion is to read them all even though I like you find them very familiar. If you want a quick read, go ahead. If you have other more pressing books, do those first!

message 20: by Teresa (new)

Teresa Kmetz 16. The Help

message 22: by Teresa (new)

message 29: by Teresa (new)

message 32: by Teresa (new)

message 33: by Teresa (new)

message 34: by Teresa (new)

Teresa Kmetz 30. Inkdeath

message 42: by Teresa (new)

message 43: by Teresa (new)

Teresa Kmetz 39. Dune Road

« previous 1