Percy Jackson lovers! (Book or Movie) discussion

The casting of the movie

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Steph (last edited Mar 15, 2010 06:19PM) (new)

Steph  (poseidonsdaughter) What did you think about different actors and how they portrayed their characters?

message 2: by Abbigail (new)

Abbigail Nielsen (Abberz) | 21 comments I thought they all did well except for Poseidon and Zeus. They weren't at all how I pictured them! But I thought Chiron was especially good!

message 3: by Steph (new)

Steph  (poseidonsdaughter) I really actually thought they were good except for the whole mullet thing with Zeus. That was kind of weird!

message 4: by Abbigail (new)

Abbigail Nielsen (Abberz) | 21 comments They portrayed the characters well. They just weren't what I pictured them as.

message 5: by Steph (new)

Steph  (poseidonsdaughter) It's very true. Poseidon had a hot accent though!

message 6: by Lissy (new)

Lissy I thought they portrayed Annabeth perfectly she's annoying, snotty, and thinks she knows everything!!! Though she's supposed to have blonde hair. I really loved Grover's character!!! And Percy's

message 7: by Steph (new)

Steph  (poseidonsdaughter) I LOVE Annabeth! She's amazing, talented, smart, and knows how to deal with Percy when he is being a true Seaweed Brain. (I'm talking about the book Annabeth.) I did think she needed the blonde hair though!

message 8: by Abbigail (new)

Abbigail Nielsen (Abberz) | 21 comments I don't really think much of Annabeth. She IS pretty annoying. And, yes, the character in the movie portrayed her well.

message 9: by Steph (new)

Steph  (poseidonsdaughter) I don't think so. I, personally, love Annabeth and without her, the whole series would fall to pieces.

message 10: by Steph (new)

Steph  (poseidonsdaughter) Tell me if you agree or disagree.

message 11: by Abbigail (last edited Mar 07, 2010 04:47PM) (new)

Abbigail Nielsen (Abberz) | 21 comments I agree that without her the series would probably be redundant, but I disagree on loving her.

message 12: by Lissy (new)

Lissy I personally believe that if Rick Riordan had been clever enough he could have made Annabeth a trillion times easier to like. I mean seriously she's the kind of girl that I would probably feel like punching in the face everyday because she thought so much of herself. The only reason I kept reading the books is because Beckendorf (my fav character!!!!......until well.......you know Steph. I can't write it because Abbi hasn't read that book yet)), Percy, and Grover were still in there. Plus the plot was AMAZING. The whole series would have fallen apart without her though......sadly enough as it is for me. Oh well, they're still amazing books! And I'm so glad you introduced them to me Steph!!

message 13: by Abbigail (new)

Abbigail Nielsen (Abberz) | 21 comments I thank you, Lis, for being considerate and not spoiling anything for me. I hate when people do that!!!!!!!!!!

message 14: by Steph (new)

Steph  (poseidonsdaughter) Sorry Abbz! I'm to blame for part of that! No problem Liz! I really like learning about the different Greek myths and such! The whole Percy Jackson crew just makes the series so much more interesting!

message 15: by Abbigail (new)

Abbigail Nielsen (Abberz) | 21 comments Definitely. The whole ancient myth thingy and modern-day thingy mixing together is what makes the books so cool to me. It's not just some old ancient Greek story that I can hardly understand. It's different because Percy is new to it too and it makes it so that he can explain everything through the other characters' explanations to him. Did that make sense?

message 16: by Steph (last edited Mar 14, 2010 12:30PM) (new)

Steph  (poseidonsdaughter) Yes. I absolutely LOVE the Percy Jackson series for that very reason. I had always thought that Greek myths were so interesting but I never knew anything specific about them or why the people believed in them. Then I read Percy Jackson and it was like everything made sense in my Greek myth world!

message 17: by Abbigail (new)

Abbigail Nielsen (Abberz) | 21 comments I know!!!

message 18: by Kennedy (new)

Kennedy (lover) | 1 comments I know! i wish Rick Riordan wrote more books like that!!!

message 19: by Steph (new)

Steph  (poseidonsdaughter) He actually has a whole new series coming out. It's about Egyptian myths and such! It sounds way interesting! (None of them have come out yet though!)

message 20: by Abbigail (new)

Abbigail Nielsen (Abberz) | 21 comments Yup! It's sounds sooo cool!!!!!!

message 21: by Steph (new)

Steph  (poseidonsdaughter) I know! I'm way excited!

message 22: by Lissy (new)

Lissy Egyptian myths kind of creep me out!! I mean I find Greek myths interesting but Egyptians were just kind of crazy! They had all these weird outlooks on life and death.........scary bad outlooks!! Hopefully Rick Riordan makes them less creepy!!!!! :D I'm most definitely reading them!!........................I know this is totally off topic but if I don't say it I'm going to explode!!!! FABLEHAVEN 4 IS COMING OUT IN 5 DAYS!!! I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!! ..that felt really good to let out!!!!

message 23: by Abbigail (new)

Abbigail Nielsen (Abberz) | 21 comments Yay for you, Lis!!!

message 24: by Steph (new)

Steph  (poseidonsdaughter) Haha! You have fun with that Liz!

message 25: by Lissy (new)

Lissy FABLEHAVEN COMES OUT TOMORROW!!!!!!!! I'm going to explode!!!

message 26: by Steph (new)

Steph  (poseidonsdaughter) I bet! Have fun tomorrow Liz, Okay?

message 27: by Steph (new)

Steph  (poseidonsdaughter) Are you totally freaking out!?!

message 28: by Abbigail (new)

Abbigail Nielsen (Abberz) | 21 comments Yes, she was. TOTALLY!

message 29: by Steph (new)

Steph  (poseidonsdaughter) Haha! I bet!

message 30: by Abbigail (new)

Abbigail Nielsen (Abberz) | 21 comments :D

message 31: by Steph (new)

Steph  (poseidonsdaughter) =l:-)

message 32: by Lissy (new)

Lissy Whoo!!!! I finished it yesterday!! Sorry I haven't been on in forever! Whatever free time I had I spent reading!! It was so AMAZING!!! You guys NEED to read it!!!

message 33: by Lissy (new)

Lissy I hate admitting it.........but I do like it better than Percy Jackson.......I was so much less predictable and so much more exciting!! I like being surprised!

message 34: by Steph (new)

Steph  (poseidonsdaughter) It's true. Percy Jackson sort of eases you into the book and plot. It is predictable, yet entertaining! When are you and Lor coming down?

message 35: by Lissy (new)

Lissy hm.....I'm not sure but I promise to bring you back your books when I come!! :D

message 36: by Steph (new)

Steph  (poseidonsdaughter) Okay! I want to know so that I can prepare our movie set! =l:-)

message 37: by Lissy (new)

Lissy :D

message 38: by Steph (new)

Steph  (poseidonsdaughter) Haha! I still think that Lori is the best director we've ever had! Haha!

message 39: by Lissy (new)

Lissy It's true! Especially when she directed Phantom of the Opera!! :D

message 40: by Steph (new)

Steph  (poseidonsdaughter) Haha! And remember when we had to watch Sleeping Beauty to see who was right in the argument? Ah, good times! What was the argument, anyway?

message 41: by Lissy (new)

Lissy I don't remember! Neither does Lori! :D

message 42: by Steph (new)

Steph  (poseidonsdaughter) Haha! That makes it even more hilarious! Haha!

message 43: by Lissy (new)

Lissy :D

message 44: by Steph (new)

Steph  (poseidonsdaughter) =l:-)

message 45: by Steph (new)

Steph  (poseidonsdaughter) I heard that Alexandra Daddario (Annabeth) and Logan Lerman (Percy) are dating. Please let me know if this is true or not!

message 46: by Abbigail (new)

Abbigail Nielsen (Abberz) | 21 comments I have no idea. That'd be kinda weird. I really don't think they go well together.

message 47: by Abbigail (new)

Abbigail Nielsen (Abberz) | 21 comments I just looked on some website where you can ask questions and people can answer them and one person said that she's like 24 and he's like 18. He said that they most definitely aren't dating.

message 48: by Steph (new)

Steph  (poseidonsdaughter) Yeah. She's actually 25. He's 18. So yeah, seven year difference. It's kind of disturbing to think that they MIGHT be dating. I read on a website that they had kissed several times. Eww!!!

message 49: by Abbigail (new)

Abbigail Nielsen (Abberz) | 21 comments That's nasty, man!!!!!!!

message 50: by Lissy (new)

Lissy ya.......just kinda........are you sure that website was accurate? That just sounds pretty nasty....

« previous 1