The Bloody Book Club! discussion

Books! > Richard Laymon's ONE RAINY NIGHT!

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eric (new)

Eric Blood | 196 comments Mod
Okay, one of the best books ever! Enjoy!

message 2: by Tanya (new)

Tanya | 36 comments Started reading this last night and I'm already over half way through. It's awesome!!! But I swear I've read it before.

message 3: by Eric (new)

That's okay, even if you did! Laymons are always worth at least a second read!!!

message 4: by Tanya (new)

Tanya | 36 comments Finished it and it's definitely worth several reads. Lots of gore and nudity, very fast paced.

**spoiler**
I do wish that there would have been some dialogue with the grandfather. That part seemed so anti-climatic.

I do like how they showed that not all monsters need a paranormal reason to be awful, just born and bred that way.

message 5: by William (new)

William (wmcc) | 37 comments Oh,I really liked this one,my introduction to Laymon and still my favourite,non stop action and not for the squeamish.Brilliant lol.

message 6: by Eric (new)

I agree, Laymon was a genius! He didn't write a bad book in my opinion. Although, I just finished NO SANCTUARY, and it wasn't as good as most of his others (at least I didn't think so). I mean, it was okay - basically a fun read, but definitely not my favorite. Have you read that one yet, William (I'm too lazy to just check your bookshelves)?

message 7: by William (new)

William (wmcc) | 37 comments I have only read 6 Laymon books,(Lot's more I'm wanting to read) and enjoyed all of them,except Flesh,which I really didn't care for.I have read No Sanctuary,I'm sure that's the one the girl break's into the killer's house, I don't remember too much about It,but I remember enjoying It.I own Funland and Blood games which I really need to read soon.Have you read those yet?,any one's you would recommend?.

message 8: by Eric (new)

My favorites are probably ISLAND and IN THE DARK (and these were the first two I read), but ENDLESS NIGHT was also great if you like fun, action packed, gory reads! Other top contenders in my opinion are THE CELLAR, MIDNIGHT'S LAIR, BITE, and BEWARE. I really liked TO WAKE THE DEAD as well, but I know a lot of people didn't like that one. But I've always liked mummies, and they don't have too many good books about mummies out there!

I actually haven't read FUNLAND or BLOOD GAMES yet, but I've heard that FUNLAND is really good. Let me know if you read any of those!

A book away from an episode of hoarders (fidgit77) | 2 comments The first book of his I read was Island. Which then took me on a mad hunt to find all of his books.
I'm still missing a few but some of my favorites of his books are Night in the Lonesome October, To Wake The Dead, The Midnight Tour, Come Out Tonight and Into the Fire.

message 10: by Eric (new)

I was the same way, Cristina! I loved ISLAND, bought IN THE DARK, loved that one too, and then I got every other book I could get my hands on!

In case you're interested, the Barnes & Noble website still had some of the Leisure editions of his books available a few months ago. I haven't checked lately, but it may be worth it to check them out if you are still in need of any of those.

A book away from an episode of hoarders (fidgit77) | 2 comments Bloodman wrote: "I was the same way, Cristina! I loved ISLAND, bought IN THE DARK, loved that one too, and then I got every other book I could get my hands on!

In case you're interested, the Barnes & Noble websit..."

Thanks, I'll do that.