Witches, Weres, and Vamps, Oh MY! discussion

Random Chatter > 'shiver' going to be movie

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I heard they are going to make 'shiver' into a movie. I haven't read it yet, have it on order. I am curious how close they will keep it to the book.
Not many movies keep true to the book, but sometimes they surprise me. I guess I will have to wait to find out.

message 2: by Brianna (new)

Brianna  (whateven) the book is good, i think it would make a good movie

message 3: by Shanon (new)

Shanon (boban) | 1166 comments Mod
I'm not surprised this is going to be made into a movie, espeically with all the Twilight hype. The book felt a little like Twilight to me so I'm sure fans will love it. Teenage, awkward girl finds the love of her life in the form of a "monster."

The book was just okay for me - which based on the reviews and ratings I've seen is odd since everyone seems to be loving it. The movie has potential ifthey can manage the wolf transformations well.

message 4: by Brianna (new)

Brianna  (whateven) true, it is tnot the greatest book in the worl but when i think back on it it seems lik the kind of movie everyone could lik. but i think the book will probly get messed up, the movie might suxbecause if wat they might change

message 5: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) I just finished the book last night and absolutely loved it. I can see similarities with TWILIGHT, but SHIVER is a far superior book, IMHO. It made me cry and I can't remember the last time a book did that to me. It has great potential as a movie, but only if it's done right.....which is iffy. They usually totally mess up good books.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I can't wait to get the book to see what all the talk is about

message 7: by VMom (new)

VMom (votermom) | 29 comments Shanon wrote: "The book was just okay for me - which based on the reviews and ratings I've seen is odd since everyone seems to be loving it. The movie has potential ifthey can manage the wolf transformations well. "

This is one of the books I read because it got 5 stars from two YA authors I follow but I forgot to list on GR so I forgot exactly what I thought of it. I remember enough to think it was just ok too. Angsty, no one really understands me, tragic young death -- I guess I am just too old to properly appreciate it. :)

message 8: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) Mayakda wrote: "Shanon wrote: "The book was just okay for me - which based on the reviews and ratings I've seen is odd since everyone seems to be loving it. The movie has potential ifthey can manage the wolf trans..."

I doubt you're older than me, and I had no trouble appreciating it at all.

message 9: by VMom (new)

VMom (votermom) | 29 comments Melodie wrote: "I doubt you're older than me, and I had no trouble appreciating it at all. "

I bet have more gray hairs though! :)
I liked Lament & Ballad a lot though.

message 10: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 31 comments Serious there making shiver a book?

message 11: by Shanon (new)

Shanon (boban) | 1166 comments Mod
:D Shiver is already a book... but rumor is they're making it a movie. (Sorry - couldn't resist)

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I really liked this book! I'm reading Linger now, just started it tonight! I think it would be a good movie!