Everything Paranormal discussion

Book Club > *Mar* BCR- Gentlemen Prefer Succubi by Jill Myles

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~, The Restorer (new)

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) | 1227 comments Mod
This thread will contain spoilers so beware. You can post your thoughts as you read or when you finish.

message 2: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. This book is in my TBR stack for March.

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (thehopelessbibliophile) I loved this book! Angels are becoming a new fixture in pnr/uf books, and I love that Myles made Noah such a badass. Anyway, I'll come back when more people finish. Hope everyone enjoys the book!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I just started reading this and I must say i'm only a few chapters in but so far it's really good, it's had me laughing out loud at all the funny things that are happening to poor Jackie!

message 5: by Michelle B (new)

Michelle B (karenshell) | 370 comments Mod
I just finished the book and LOVED it!!! WOW, pretty much sums it up for me! I so can't wait to read the next one. I would love to be in jackie's position and have Zane and Noah fighting over me!

message 6: by Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~, The Restorer (new)

I'm going out to get my copy tomorrow. Glad you like it Michelle

message 7: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ I liked the second half of the book much more than the first. I found myself putting this book down and wondering why I was reading it. Jackie irritated me in the beginning but after she wised up I found myself liking her a lot more. I really like Zane and Noah and can't even imagine how she is going to choose between them. Remy was too much of a slut for my taste and turned me off. Maybe that's why I had such trouble with the beginning of this book. The next book ought to be very interesting.

message 8: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (Savhage Temptrest) (savhagetemptress) | 17 comments I read this book for my PR book club, and I really liked it! It was too funny in so many places, and I liked how Jackie came across as a REAL person instead of the I-was-nothing-now-I'm-a-goddess that some heroines seem to turn into. I liked Noah and Zane and I liked Remy too particularly when she brought Jackie to "work." Classic and too funny! Another fave, was the whole waking up in a dumpster thing. Jill Myles did a good job with portraying that moment so vividly I could just see it!

message 9: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 20, 2010 10:34AM) (new)

Well I just finished this book and I have to say that it was really very good. Very funny and very sexy, a totally smokin hot read. I can't wait to read the next book in the series. Jackie is a great character and all her trials threw out this book were just so funny. I love the play by play between Noah and Zane I wouldn't be able to pick just one either...lol! All in all a really good book!

message 10: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 14 comments I do like the fact that more authors are writing about angels :D

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I think Angels are going to become the new Vampire. I think people are going to start seeing more and more books about angels in the future. I find them very refreshing from the sort of books that I usually read. It's something that hasn't been done to death.

message 12: by Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~, The Restorer (new)

I'm still waiting for my book to arrive . I ordered it from Rhapsodybookclub. hopefully it'll be here next week. i also got the next book in the series as well.

message 13: by DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (last edited Mar 21, 2010 12:03PM) (new)

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 43 comments I just finished this one up, and I quite enjoyed it. I don't think I laughed out loud, but it was amusing. Somehow I think it almost relied a bit too heavily on the sexual nature of things. I guess having started this just after finishing Succubus Shadows, I found Myles take on the succubus nature to be a bit heavy handed, even though I understand it's the very nature of what a succubus is.

Saying that though, I did enjoy the overall story and I liked the characters. I'm curious to see what the fall out will be regarding the halo fiasco and how Jackie will juggle Noah and Zane.

message 14: by Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~, The Restorer (new)

just got my book with some days to spare. I am starting it now.

message 15: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (thehopelessbibliophile) Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ wrote: "I am starting it now."

Enjoy!!!

message 16: by Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~, The Restorer (new)

ok I am on p.233 and I am liking it so far. I really love light humourous books, but Jackie ditziness is starting to grate on my nerves. Noah I think is ok. I probably would like him more if he was around more. I'm really loving Zane and can't wait 'til Jackie gives him a taste!lol. Remy's care free way is a fun addition to the story. Also Bobby, the stalker doorman. Poor boy went crazy with the flowers and messages lol.

message 17: by Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~, The Restorer (new)

finished and I must say I am envious of Jackie. Two hot men for both times of the day. I'd never leave my bedroom lol. Nice pick Barb.

message 18: by Michelle B (new)

Michelle B (karenshell) | 370 comments Mod
Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ wrote: "finished and I must say I am envious of Jackie. Two hot men for both times of the day. I'd never leave my bedroom lol. Nice pick Barb."

my feelings exactly!! oh, what a life that would be!