Shoals Area Book Chicks discussion

June Meeting

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JoAnn (new)

JoAnn H. (JoAnnH) | 26 comments Mod
Sorry everyone. I sent an invitation out earlier about a meeting for June but said in the message it was in April. I am very sorry for the confusion. It should have read June. Sorry again.

JoAnn

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy (blueeyes11283) Ok, so June 5th right? What time are we meeting?

message 3: by JoAnn (new)

3:00 p.m.

When I set the time up on the event calender, I didn't realize it was military time. :) LOL! I am so ADHD! :)

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy (blueeyes11283) Are we still meeting on June 5th at 3 at BAM in Florence? I was just wanting to make sure, so I can mark it on the calendar...

message 5: by JoAnn (new)

Amy wrote: "Are we still meeting on June 5th at 3 at BAM in Florence? I was just wanting to make sure, so I can mark it on the calendar..."

Yep. :) No one else has confirmed yet but I talked to Sarah yesterday and she said she would and would talk to the other ladies. :) Yay!

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy (blueeyes11283) Ok, sounds good to me...

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Duncan (sarahbertha) | 9 comments I am so excited about the meeting!

I am for sure going to be there and if my mother and maggie don't have to work they will be there too! But, I was wondering if anyone has decided what to read yet? Please let me know so I can go ahead and start reading it so we will have time to pass the book around :)

message 8: by JoAnn (new)

LOL! I'm so glad you are going to get to come!! I think we are going to read "Barefoot" by Elin Hilderbrand. I already have a copy and will be starting it soon. When I finish, you all can borrow mine. Just let me know if you want to. I can't wait for you to come back to Tiffin's this summer. We so need your help! :)

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Duncan (sarahbertha) | 9 comments Four weeks of school left (actually only nineteen days counting today) and I can't wait to come back! There are so many books I want to read this summer! I haven't even got to read any of the books that you got me for Christmas yet!

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Duncan (sarahbertha) | 9 comments Oh yeah, I think I am going to just go ahead and order the book online because my mom is so excited about the book club she already wants to read it!

message 11: by JoAnn (new)

That is so awesome!! :) I can't wait to meet her! She has to be great since she is your mom! :) Who all do you think you will be bringing with you?

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Duncan (sarahbertha) | 9 comments Well, if my mom is still off work then her, and if my friend Maggie doesn't have to work then I will bring her too, and I might also bring Ami, but I don't know if she will get to come or not.

message 13: by JoAnn (new)

Great!! We'll meet at Books-A-Million in Florence and get coffee and a treat and then discuss what we liked or disliked about the book (plot, characters, their relationships). Before or after, we'll look through the books and see if we see any we would like to read for the next month. If anyone has read a book lately or have heard of one that they would really like to read that we all may be interested in, then we'll list those as well. Afterwards, we can go and see Marmaduke if you want to. Amy and myself are going to go if I can. Even if I can't go, I'm sure she is going to go. Also, if you want to get together earlier, we can always go and have lunch before going to BAMM. Just let me know. :) Hope school is going great!

message 14: by JoAnn (new)

How about a new time for the book meeting? June 5th @ 12:00pm. Please let me know if this is not okay.

message 15: by Amy (new)

Amy (blueeyes11283) Sounds good to me.

message 16: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Duncan (sarahbertha) | 9 comments I'm in

message 17: by JoAnn (new)

Hi everyone. I hope you all have had a great week (I know you have Sarah since you have been at the beach ;) ). I was hoping everyone would be okay if I hadn't finished the book. I have started the book and will finish it but not by Saturday. As of now, the only two who have finished their book is Amy and Sarah. I'm sorry about the delay but work has been really busy and I have not had the time to read as I usually do.