Science Fiction Book Club discussion

The Forest of Hands and Teeth (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #1)
This topic is about The Forest of Hands and Teeth
Monthly Group Books > The Forest of Hands and Teeth

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Laura I have to say that I have comflicting opinions about this book. I didn't like the main character. She was too wishy-washy about everything. She didn't know what she wanted, what mattered most to her, or what she was going to do about it. She just sat around waiting for things to happen to her. If the unconsecrated had never breached the village, I doubt that she would have ever attempted to fulfill her dream of seeing the ocean. At the same time, I do have to admit that I was curious to see what would happen next, which was probably just me hoping that things would get better.

I do know that there's a second book coming out (from Mary's daughter's perspective I think) and part of me wants to read it, with the hope that this main character will be more likeable, but at the same time I'm worried that it might just be a waste of time.

Tobias Taylor (tobstaylor) | 177 comments Mod
I thought it was kind of slow at the start. It got better but I still don't think that there was enough happening throughout the whole book. I can't say that I liked Mary's character much either, in fact I didn't really like any of the characters apart from Travis who I liked most but still not that much. I can't decide whether I want to read the next book or not. As you say it might just be a waste of time. I might read it though.

message 3: by John (new)

John Sublette | 5 comments My wife read both books. She made basically the same point about Mary's character. She did say the sequal was *much* better then the first one.