College Students! discussion

Past Discussions of Group Reads > Girl With The Dragon Tattoo--For Those Reading Through

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner) (perpetualpageturner) | 4407 comments Mod
Use this thread if you are reading through the book and you want to talk about it. For example, if you are anything like me, if something crazy happens in a book I always want to talk about it right after it happens! It's also nice to discuss with others who are reading through it. Please make sure at the top of every thing you post you have a SPOILER warning and say up to what page you are on.

message 2: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
I hope everyone enjoys this book. I am not so patiently awaiting the release of number 3. Hurry up April. :)

message 3: by Jen (new)

Jen (wishesandwanderlust) | 696 comments I'm up to Chapter 10.

So far I like the book, but I'm having trouble remembering all of the names! (especially all of the Vanger family).

message 4: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
It is a bit confusing. I remember mixing up 2 of the women quite often. :)

message 5: by Jen (new)

Jen (wishesandwanderlust) | 696 comments ***SPOILERS*** Up to Chapter 24***

I can't believe Martin had something to do with Harriet's disappearance and some of the other murders! I didn't see that coming.
It was Martin and Harriet's father who commited most of the other murders, right?

message 6: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Just starting this!! I've been dying to read it for awhile!

message 7: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Jen--I had the same problem too at first with keeping up with all the names!

message 8: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

SPOILERS UP TO CHAPTER 24:

Jen--I thought Martin was involved but I didn't know to the extent how messed up he was! I did not see the dad coming at all though! It was the two of them who committed them. At first it was the father and then he taught Martin and Martin kept going when the dad died.

Craziness!

message 9: by Anna (new)

Anna Shumaker (annashu) I'm glad other people had trouble with the names, I thought I might have been the only one. I made an index card with names and description (Blomkvist-journalist). I used it for the first two books and just realized I have no idea where it is for the third.

Tracy (A Good Novel) | 30 comments I've got about 110 pages left and I LOVE this book! I've never really been a mystery person so I'm surprised at how much this one has sucked me in! (Very, very bad thing to have started it when I had a lot of projects due...)

I love Lisbeth; she's the best heroine I've read in a while. I can't wait to see the movie on Saturday!

message 11: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

I felt the same way! I wasn't really a mystery type of person either but I just couldn't put this down.

Lisbeth was really just amazing!! Such an interesting heroine.

message 12: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
Tracy, the Movie? I thought it was in pre production to be released in 2012.

message 13: by Jen (new)

Jen (wishesandwanderlust) | 696 comments Tami- The movie was released in Europe last year. But I think they're also making a US version?

Here's the trailer for the European movie:
http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2735...

message 14: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
oh, I remember seeing that before. Duh, brain dead from the 15th deadline and still not recuperated. :)

Tracy (A Good Novel) | 30 comments I'm fairly certain it was a TV miniseries of the three books over in Sweden that's being theatrically released here. The woman playing Lisbeth, Noomi Rapace, is supposedly amazing. I can't wait to see how the movie turns out. I doubt the US version will be anywhere near what Sweden could do!

message 16: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (kalypso) | 214 comments Yay! I am finally starting this! I have been wanting to read it for a long time. Can't wait to catch up.

I like the index card idea. I'm glad I read this before I got too far in, I think I will do that.

message 17: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Definitely a good idea to do! Can't wait to see what you think!

message 18: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (kalypso) | 214 comments I haven't had much time to read in the last couple days and I am only about 50 pages in but I love it. I can see why everyone gets sucked in!