Uglies > Part 2-The smoke

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 2 stars

Angie | 2687 comments Mod
Comment below after reading part 2.

message 2: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 2 stars

Angie | 2687 comments Mod
I thought the part about them in the Smoke was interesting. I wonder in the city where pretties live what they use instead of wood and metal? I do feel like the story needs to get on a little. I guess I felt like it took Tally a long part of the story to get to Smoke.

Ashley (readerandwriter) The part about the Special Circumstances keeping things from the public that the public should kind of relates to real life. I'm sure the government has many things they are keeping from the public.

I dont get why the S.C. crew came when Tally didn't activate the necklace. She burned it. Well I just finished this part so I guess I have to read on to get my answer. I was kind of hoping it would sort of be a happy ending from there... what I can I say ...I am a sucker for happy endings.

lionlady | 32 comments Ashley - My understanding was that Tally wasn't told that destruction of the necklace would also activate it and notify S.C. She unknowingly contacted them by burning it. I think that was S.C. safe guard or "ace in the hole" should Tally decide to stay in the Smoke and not betray them.

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 43 comments I think governments always have and will keep lots of secrets from people in the name of "protecting" them.