Young Adult Book Reading Challenges discussion

Poison Study > Book recommendations

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana (tatiana_g) For those of us who enjoyed “Poison Study,” can you recommend any books similar in style and theme?

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) I also enjoyed Graceling by Kristin Cashore.

I really want to read the other books in Maria V. Snyder's serirs; I'm not sure whether or not I want to read Graceling's companion books.

message 3: by Tara (new)

Tara I thought it was loosely similar to the feel of The Handmaid's Tale. I loved that book and I think if you enjoyed Poison Study, I think you may like that one.
I definitely want to continue reading on in the "Study" series.
Also, Book of a Thousand Days has a strong female protaganist and has magical elements. It could also be a good book to check out as well.

message 4: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana (tatiana_g) I think both "Graceling" and "Fire" by Kristin Cashore are somewhat similar in style to "Poison Study." I enjoyed them both.

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) Thanks, Emily. They are on my to-read shelf. I'll consider bumping them up.

message 6: by Chachic (new)

Chachic The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley is a classic fantasy novel with a strong, female protagonist. :)

message 7: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new)

Angie | 2687 comments Mod
I am also getting a Graceling feel while reading this book. But I do find the stories very different from each other. Maybe it's the whole kingdom/girl stories?

I have not read the Handmaid's Tale but it's now on my list!