Akita's (as in the Japanese Prefecture, not the dog) virtual book club discussion

Future Books > Future Books 2010

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alison (new)

Alison | 103 comments Mod
I thought I'd start a new discussion so we wouldn't have to scroll so far to see what everyone was saying. I'm fine with Alice in Wonderland, I've read the disney book ages ago as a kid but I'm guessing the actually book is much better. As for my choice, Irene and I have been having these debates about this marriage controversy that a certain book has brought about. And seeing how we're all unmarried I thought it would be a great instigator of intense debate... perhaps

Marry Him: A case of settling for Mr. Good Enough

by Lori Gottlieb

Here are the links about the so-called controversy that Irene and I have been following...

it's super interesting!
http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200803...

there was a rebuttal by the author today that's pretty interesting as well!
http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/02/24/...

message 2: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (bmholman) | 107 comments That sounds good to me.

My choice: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson, but I have a couple of back ups if anyone objects.

message 3: by MMG (new)

MMG | 106 comments I didn't go to your links but I totally read an article about that book too! and Ive brought it up in like every conversation I've had with other single girlfriends about guys. So yeah, I really want to read it!

message 4: by MMG (new)

MMG | 106 comments I want to read the Picture of Dorian Gray for our next book unless any of you have already read it?

message 5: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (bmholman) | 107 comments So Neverwhere, Picture of Dorian Gray, Three Cups of Tea, then what's your next pick Alison?

I'm in the middle of a really long book, but I want to finish it before I start Neverwhere so I'm gonna be behind...

message 6: by Alison (new)

Alison | 103 comments Mod
Ok Picture of Dorian Gray, got it. I talked about my next pick under the Marry Him discussion, it's actually already listed under our future book. Not another bad date by Rachel Gibson.