WACC- Writers Against Cardboard Characters discussion

Characters A-G > Bray/Andrea

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Summer (last edited Mar 05, 2010 07:32PM) (new)

Summer | 349 comments Sorry, this is kind of long

Name: Andrea blank Andreeson (Something I'd like help with, middle and name should probably be German in nature)

Appearance:
-Long, dark chocolate colored hair, straight
-Big grey eyes
-olivy skin but sort of pale
-long nose and facial features
-low swooping cheek bones
-medium sized mouth
-full lips but not overly so
-Earthy and pretty
-on the taller side as well and has
-the build of a long distance runner
-faint splattering of freckles across her nose and cheeks

Things you know about the character so far: She's grew up in America but her mother is very German and is sort of strict and protective cuz she was the oldest of 9 and had to take care of all those kids. When Andrea graduated from high school she imdediatly went off to live with her Unlce Joel (against her mom's wishes), the youngest and most irresponsible of her mom's sibs. She's sort of a party animal and likes to push the envelope, not to say that she's not a good kid. She's super nice and excitable, not all too deep before there's sort of a mix up and she ends up in the year 842 cuz her DNA was extremely close to a girl's. Suddenly she's being called Bray and she's in the middle of a war. Wonderful for her.

Things you know about the characters past: Mostly what's up above and she's an athlete, not an intelectual. She plans on going to college but with a cross country scholarship at a fairly unexpensive college. She's has 2 older bros, and one younger bro.

Where she'll end up: Sort of a secret but its kind of a book where all the little quirks fit into a puzzle at the end.

What I need help with: Past mostly, physical and emotional flaws, something that makes her far more interesting before the accident but still a little clueless.

Name: Bray

Apearance: Pretty much the same as Andrea except she has a ton more scars, she's even thinner, a couple inches shorter, and more freckles.

Things you know about the charcter so far: When she was 15 her house caught fire (which she accidently started) and only her younger sister survived cuz they were sleeping on the same mat by the door. Her 3 older bros, and baby bro died w/ her parents. Her sister married soon after but Bray was too traumatized by the accident to marry the fellow she was betrothed to and ran away. Thorn, her best friend found her in the forest half starved and took her into the war camp where Charles fixed her up. She soon became "one of the guys" once she started talking again. She's pretty quiet however, and funny. She's been the only girl in the camp for a long time.

Where she'll end up: Secret to

What I need help with: I need to make her personality subtly different from Andrea's. Everybody just thinks Bray hit her head when she was suspiciously caught in cross fire and fell into the river. I aslo need personality quirks and such. Some more history would be awesome to.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Maybe the fire was her fault?

message 3: by Summer (new)

Summer | 349 comments I like that quite a bit! Thank you, that adds so much more to Bray.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

De nada!

message 5: by Summer (new)

Summer | 349 comments :) She still needs kind of quirky things...

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

hmmm... loves to hum?

message 7: by Summer (new)

Summer | 349 comments Yes! Very Bray!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Quirk: fidgets a lot
Physical flaw: Large gap between front teeth

message 9: by Summer (new)

Summer | 349 comments Which one?

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

What do you mean?

message 11: by Summer (new)

Summer | 349 comments Well there's Andrea, and then there's Bray. They're completely different people.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh. Um...Andrea...

message 13: by Summer (new)

Summer | 349 comments Thanks :)

message 14: by Summer (new)

Summer | 349 comments Any ideas for a last and middle name. I'm aweful w/ names.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Last name that popped into Cassie's head just now: Andreeson.

As for the middle name...I got nothing.

message 16: by Summer (new)

Summer | 349 comments Andrea Andreeson has a rythem to it. Thank you!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

¡De nada!

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Middle name- Michelle?

message 19: by Summer (new)

Summer | 349 comments That would work out. Maybe her mom's best friend was French growing up and she died of lukemia when she was fifteen and gave Andrea that middle name! I luv little stories like that. Thank you!

I might need some more character bluking up, especially for Bray.

message 20: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 562 comments has a callous (sp? no clue) on one of her fingers on her writing hand. (for Bray)

message 21: by Summer (new)

Summer | 349 comments Educated would be an interesting quirk. I think it was pretty rare for girls back in the 800's but that would make her very intersting. Hm... Coolio!

message 22: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 562 comments well, she doesn't have to write, I mean, she could draw instead. But it would be cool for her to be educated.

message 23: by Summer (new)

Summer | 349 comments Drawing would make a lot more sense and its the polar opposite of Andrea who's a little gawky and not at all artistic. Thanks :)

message 24: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 562 comments no prob!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

RedPath ~Enna-girl~ wrote: "has a callous (sp? no clue) on one of her fingers on her writing hand. (for Bray)"

haha... I have one of those

message 26: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 562 comments you too?

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

yep :P It's this weird little lunp on the side of my middle finger...

message 28: by Summer (new)

Summer | 349 comments I write kind of weird so I have a big callus right on the joint on my wring finger and the very very end of my middle finger is worn smooth.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

I kind of have one... the skin folds weird between my thumb and pointer finger...