DOCTOR WHO LOVERS! discussion

General Stuff > Fave Characters

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (NaomiFluffy) | 9 comments Mod
Who are your favorite characters?

message 2: by Jim (new)

Jim | 16 comments One of the original Masters was well played (Anthony Ainley)- charismatic yet slimy. I just finished Season 2 of the new series (David Tennant and Billie Piper) and was really surprised about how the parting of the Dr and Rose in Doomsday shook me. Rose was wall written and played and the relationship between her and the Dr was the most believable of the companions I have seen.
BTW - I hated Adtric - what a whiner!

message 3: by Naomi (new)

Soz, but I have only seen the series with Rose, Donna & Martha in it, so I don't know who you're talking about :)
I thought their parting (Rose & Dr) was soo sad, I started crying! :D

message 4: by Jim (new)

Jim | 16 comments The others are from the older series - The Master was in episodes with #3 and #4. Adric was with #4 and #5 I think. You should check out the originals to get a feel for the history. They are a bit corny and the special effects are not what they are today but the writing was good. This show has been on since the late 1960s!

message 5: by Naomi (new)

Wow, it's been a long show! :)
I think David Tennant was the best Dr, he was so funny.

message 6: by Jim (new)

Jim | 16 comments You should check out #4, Tom Baker. He was in the 70s and 80s and was a bit of a goofy character. You can probably find some episodes on YouTube. He was the first Dr I saw and got me hooked.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

David Tennant all the way!
Best compainion was Donna.
Best partner is Rose.
Martha was awesome but the other two were better!

***Spoiler***

Sooooo sad when David Tennant left!!!!
I cried....

message 8: by Jim (new)

Jim | 16 comments Check out dailymotion.com. It is a site that has lots of old TV shows, including some of the original Dr Who shows (dating from the early 1970s!). To be a true DW fan you need to learn a bit about the show pre-Christopher Eccleston.
Have fun

message 9: by Bella (new)

Bella  (imbella) | 2 comments I love Doctor who... my friend introduced me, now im stuck.

message 10: by Naomi (new)

same, cept my nan introduced me to it, when christopher eccleston was the Dr.
David Tennant was the best doctor ever!
He was sooo funny.

**Spoiler** (maybe)

The newest Dr is pretty funny, cause at the of End of Time (Part 2) he says "have I got long hair? AM I A GIRL!? No, no, not a girl. Do I have ginger hair? No, why can't I ever have ginger?!"
That's funny. :D

message 11: by Bella (new)

Bella  (imbella) | 2 comments yeah,i love that that bit,also,when donna becomes the Doctor-Donna in the end of time

message 12: by Bernadette (new)

Bernadette | 5 comments The new doctor is ok but i prefer david tennant, I suppose because he was the doctor for 4 years.

message 13: by Bernadette (new)

Bernadette | 5 comments I remember the first time i watched Dr Who, it was with christopher ecclestson, My mum and my sister are now so obsessed with it,I especially enjoyed the david tennant, he was so good. I think he really changed the personality of the doctor.

message 14: by Naomi (last edited May 02, 2010 08:13PM) (new)

Bernadette wrote: "The new doctor is ok but i prefer david tennant, I suppose because he was the doctor for 4 years."
Was he really the Dr for 4 years? I thought it was much shorter.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

3 seasons, 4 years! ;P

message 16: by Bernadette (new)

Bernadette | 5 comments I favourite character is so david tennant. He is such a good actor

message 17: by Bernadette (new)

Bernadette | 5 comments I really enjoyed the season with Donna with it.

message 18: by Carol (new)

Carol Neman | 5 comments Check out the skit on YouTube with David Tennant and Catherine Tate...it is a hoot! Maybe I will start a new thread just to discuss it...