Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > feb 2010 - sandi

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandi (new)

Sandi (sandin954) | 1158 comments Pretty good month. Here are my February reads:

Top Reads

Life Sentences by Laura Lippman
Life Sentences
Laura Lippman
While not quite as good as some of her other standalones, I did enjoy this look at the writing life and how memories and memoirs don't always quite match up.

Blacklands by Belinda Bauer
Blacklands
Belinda Bauer
My favorite of the month. The author wisely kept this book short which ratcheted up the tension and suspense and made the rather unrealistic plot easier to overlook.

Good Reads

The Commodore (Aubrey/Maturin Book 17) by Patrick O'Brian
The Commodore
Patrick O'Brian
Another fun entry in the Aubrey/Maturin series. Stellar narration, as always, by Patrick Tull.

Game Change CD Obama and the Clintons, McCain and Palin, and the Race of a Lifetime by John Heilemann
Game Change CD: Obama and the Clintons, McCain and Palin, and the Race of a Lifetime
John Heilemann
Mark Halperin
Look at the 2008 election.

The Man Who Would Be F. Scott Fitzgerald by David Handler
The Man Who Would Be F. Scott Fitzgerald
David Handler
Hoagy and his basset hound Lulu have been hired to ghostwrite the memoir of the new literary genius who is to busy being a celebrity to actually write anymore. I really like the audio versions of this series narrated by Tom Stechschulte

Chemical Prison by Barbara Nadel
Chemical Prison
Barbara Nadel
Police procedural set in Istanbul.

Disappointing

All The Colors Of Darkness (Inspector Banks, #18) by Peter Robinson
All The Colors Of Darkness
Peter Robinson
This is one of my favorite series but this book just was not up to Peter Robinson's usual quality.

message 2: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1569 comments Thanks Sandi! I think I will add Blacklands to my never-ending list...