What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Sooner or Later
This topic is about Sooner or Later
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Thirteen year old girl who pretended she was seventeen to get this guy to like her. He was a musician and taught guitar lessons and he saw her after she had a makeover at a local mall [s]

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:08PM) (new)

Rebecca Eakin (eyisila) | 1 comments Years ago I read a book about a thirteen year old girl who pretended she was seventeen to get this guy to like her. He was a musician and taught guitar lessons and he saw her after she had a makeover at a local mall. There were two books in the series and the first book was actually made into a movie. For life of me I can't remember what the name of it is! Can anyone help?

message 2: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 14 comments OK I remember this one -- the girl's name is Jessie; the second one she was on vacation and thought she was pregnant... this is going to drive me crazy also.

The grandma lived with them I think; I remember one scene involves waiting for her family to leave and she showers and dresses including blow-drying hair and makeup in 19 minutes to be ready on time for their date.

(I remember that 'cause I'm still amazed at anyone's ability to do that in 19 minutes LOL)

I'll work on it.

message 3: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 14 comments YES! Mock, these are def. the ones I'm thinking of. (Hopefully Becky's too.)

I've got to know how you all search and find these unidentified books, having not read them!

Recommend: the first was far better than the second, but I thought they were really true to the thoughts and feelings of that coming-of-age period -- a real transition to womanhood.

Joanie | 66 comments I absolutely loved these books when I was younger and I read them over and over. The first was better but the second was steamier!

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37356 comments Mod
Unfortunately the post of the person who suggested the book(s) disappeared.

Anyone know what this is? It's in Possibly Solved so Rebecca (the first one) obviously thought that could be it.

message 6: by Vianca (new) - added it

Vianca Jimenez | 4 comments Guys I found it! It's called "Sooner or Later". It was made into a movie in 1979.

message 7: by Shelia (new)

Shelia Williams | 742 comments Who wrote it?

message 8: by Vianca (new) - added it

Vianca Jimenez | 4 comments By Carole hart and Bruce hart

message 9: by Kris (new)

Kris | 31539 comments Mod
Sooner or Later by Carole Hart - Vianca's suggestion

message 10: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Buchli | 41 comments I remember these books, and the TV movie. Rex Smith was the guy in the film and, I think the star was Linda Blair from The Exorcist. I remember the movie as being very good, but I was 17 myself when I watched it. I wonder how it would hold up?

message 11: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37356 comments Mod
I agree this is "Sooner or Later." Moving from Possibly Solved to Solved.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Sooner or Later (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Carole Hart (other topics)