Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '09 - '10 > Guild Hunter Series

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments This thread is to discuss Nalini Singh's Guild Hunter series.

Angels' Blood
Must Love Hellhounds
Archangel's Kiss

Angels' Blood (Guild Hunters, #1) by Nalini Singh Must Love Hellhounds (Includes Guild Hunters, #1.5; Kate Daniels, #3.5; The Guardians, #9) by Charlaine Harris Archangel's Kiss (Guild Hunter, #2) by Nalini Singh

This is a link to her website, with lots of info about this series. But there is a warning, spoilers might be included! Guild Hunter Series: Special Behind the Scenes Page

FYI - I'll open this post for comments on March 1st!

message 2: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments This thread is now open for discussions!

message 3: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I really love this series. Although, I did enjoy the first book a little better. I felt a little let down in the second book. There was a lot of buildup, and then nothing lol.

message 4: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 237 comments I felt the same way about book two, Jess. It just fell flat, splat. Lol.

I loved Angels' Blood and Angels' Pawn, Angels' Judgement (Must Love Hellhounds) was ok -it was nice seeing how Sarah became director but I like Elena and Ashwini better as lead characters. Ashwini's man (or would-be man) Janvier is smoking as is Raphael and Deacon (gotta love a man who can make his own weapons).

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  | 766 comments I loved Angels' Blood for its fresh take on angels and vampires, but I feel something is lacking in Archangel's Kiss. I'm halfway through, but the characters who were so hot and emotional in the first book feel cold and aloof now. I'm hoping it will get better by the end. Haven't read the shorts yet.

message 6: by Ctanner (new)

Ctanner | 9 comments I have only read Angels' blood and Angels' Judgment. Angels' Blood blew me away. The tension between Elena and Raphael was palpable. I have not read many books on angels, but I liked this take. The vampires in this series are interesting. I like the idea of them being basically slaves to the angels for 100 years. It is a cool take especially since most vampire novels have humans as their inferiors. I'm excited to read Archangel's Kiss but I am spacing it out because the next book is not coming out until 2011.

message 7: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4483 comments I got a blog post the other day from Nalini Singh, and yes the next Guild book isn't until 2011.

She said we would see more of the Guild Hunters in the next book and it would be set back in NY. Sounds good.

message 8: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments 2011 is so far away :(

message 9: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 237 comments I've just spotted a teaser excerpt of Guild Hunter book 3 here:

http://nalinisingh.blogspot.com/2010/...

and an interview with archangel Michaela:
http://kbgbabbles.blogspot.com/2010/0...

message 10: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4483 comments Thanks Amy, I'd forgotten about those. Just little teasers, still alloooong time till 2011.

message 11: by new_user (new)

new_user LOL. Well, I thought the opposite of everyone, I loved the second book. The romance was developed in much more depth, imo, and their relationship matured from its infancy in the first book.

message 12: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments new_user wrote: "LOL. Well, I thought the opposite of everyone, I loved the second book. The romance was developed in much more depth, imo, and their relationship matured from its infancy in the first book."

I enjoyed all of the books, but it seems to me the only one I don't really re-read is the one with Clay and whatever her name is. lol. I think I read it once, and I don't know... the chick annoyed me and I didn't really like the story.

I don't even know what the name of the book was. lol.

message 13: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4483 comments Taken today from Nalini Singh's blog re the 3rd Guild Hunter Book-

"Talking of Archangel's Consort, I turned it in on Friday. It continues Elena and Raphael's story, and you find out a lot more about them both in the book. Elena's friends from the Guild return, and a number of the Seven play strong roles - you get to discover more about a couple of them in particular. Further info to come later in the year!"

message 14: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Oh thanks for posting this Sandra! AWESOME!!

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 672 comments Okay....I just started this series...read the prequel, Angles Blood and am now reading the short in Must Love Hell Hounds....it is just me or should the short in MLHH be read before Angles Blood.....So it is all stuff before book one....not that its bad or anything just curious because of the timeline (I may end up answering my own question by the time I am done...only about 2 chapters in so far..)

message 16: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I'm not sure I've ever read the short. Hmm. Well, either way, you don't need to read the short to understand the series but I'm not sure where it falls in the timeline.

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 672 comments The short is (seems so far to be) about Sara and Deacon...how they met....right before she becomes director of the guild.....

message 18: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Ohh I did read that. It wasn't all that interesting to me. I read for Raph :) lol.