Ebooks for a $1 or less discussion

Fantasy > Dead Witch Walking

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Darcia (new)

Darcia Helle (darciahelle) Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison is now free on http://ebookstore.sony.com. I don't know how long this will last, so download it while you can!

Description: (Published 2010) All the creatures of the night gather in "the Hollows" of Cincinnati, to hide, to prowl, to party ... and to feed.

Vampires rule the darkness in a predator-eat-predator world rife with dangers beyond imagining -- and it's Rachel Morgan's job to keep that world civilized.

A bounty hunter and witch with serious sex appeal and an attitude, she'll bring 'em back alive, dead ... or undead.

Direct Link: http://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/kim-harrison/dead-witch-walking-free-with-bonus-material/_/R-400000000000000199893?in_merch=CategoryLanding_Bargain_FREE_1

message 2: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) This is probably my daughter's & my favorite urban/paranormal fantasy series. We buy the hardbacks as they come out now. We read a LOT of this kind of book & Harrison is one of the few who have gotten better with time.

message 3: by Darcia (new)

Darcia Helle (darciahelle) That's good to know. I'll have to move this one up on my to-read list. Thanks, Jim!

message 4: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) Fair warning! Once you read one, you'll be buying the rest of the series. I checked this morning & they're all $10.79 or more, unfortunately. Maybe that's just for me?

message 5: by Darcia (new)

Darcia Helle (darciahelle) I noticed they were that much on Sony's site. (That's probably why they use the draw of the freebie!) I haven't checked anywhere else. I'd rather buy the paperback when the e-book is that much. But I don't mind paying the price for a good book!

message 6: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) The ebooks are definitely too expensive. They need to be less than a paperback or I won't buy them. Charging more is silly.

message 7: by Darcia (new)

Darcia Helle (darciahelle) You were right about this author, Jim! I started Dead Witch Walking last night and I didn't want to stop! Kim Harrison sucked me in right from the first paragraph. I'll absolutely be adding more of her books to my wishlist! This one freebie should bring her many new fans and lots of sales.

message 8: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) Glad you like her writing, Darcia. This is a most effective marketing strategy. Tor has been doing it for a while. I got sucked into Weber's 'Honor Harrington' series that way.

message 9: by Darcia (new)

Darcia Helle (darciahelle) I had never heard of Tor. Naturally, I had to check it out. I'm assuming that you were referring to Tor.com? Some of their books look quite intriguing! But I didn't see any ebook downloads there, just the option to buy paperback and hardcover copies. (Not that owning the actual book is a bad thing!)

message 10: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) If you look under the stories section at Tor.com
http://www.tor.com/index.php?option=c...
you'll see a bunch you can click on. They vary as to what's available. You either read them on-line or copy them off to a text file to read later.

There used to also be a section for downloading books, but I don't see it now & can't find my bookmark. I might be flashing back to years ago. I'm not so good with time.

message 11: by Darcia (new)

Darcia Helle (darciahelle) I can relate to the flashback issue! Time has a way of becoming more warped as we move through life.

Thanks for the tip! I'll check out the Stories section.