Comfort Reads discussion

Mysteries > Plus Size mysteries

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kim (last edited Feb 27, 2010 10:11AM) (new)

Kim (mrsnesbitt) | 47 comments I am a huge fan (no pun intended) of Sue Ann Jaffarian and her Odelia Gray mysteries. Being a plus sized goddess myself, I am very interested in seeing larger women being in the main position of a predominant character and not the side kick. Odelia has a good job, her own life and ends up with a love interest. I love that! Sue Ann is a larger woman herself and she has given larger women a wonderful role model, and gives insight to those who are not larger, what a lot of us go through every day. I have my boyfriend hooked too.

message 2: by Lee, Mod Mama (new)

Lee (leekat) | 3959 comments Mod
Hi Kim, I've never heard of Sue Ann Jaffarian but the books sound great. Have you read them all? I love discovering wonderful new female protagonists myself so thanks for introducing us to something different!

message 3: by Kim (new)

Kim (mrsnesbitt) | 47 comments I have all of them, including the newest and Sue Ann is one of my friends here on site. The first is called "Too Big to Miss". Happy reading!

message 4: by Luann (new)

Luann (azbookgal) | 46 comments Mma Precious Ramotswe from Alexander McCall Smith's The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency series describes herself as "traditionally built." I've only read the first four in the series so far, but plan to eventually read them all.