TV We've Just Watched discussion

Cancelled/Series Ended > Women's Murder Club

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Does anyone watch it?
I know last night was the season finale but I still thought I'd stick a thread up to see if anyone else has been watching.

Was anyone else wondering if Lindsey's new BF was too good to be true? I was worried they's make him the Kiss Me Not Killer.

message 2: by Holli (new)

Holli I don't watch this show but I did read the James Patterson books its based on.....LOVED those!!

message 3: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 162 comments I really was glad they didnt make him the killer, but the thought did cross my mind as well.

I have watched the entire season now and will say it honestly didnt live up to my expectations. I wanted to like it. I like the characters, but I just felt no chemistry between them whatsoever. And still don't. It seems consciously acted to me.

I am glad for those that enjoy it, but I doubt I will watch a season 2

message 4: by Holli (new)

Holli I completely agree with you Terri except I didn't even make it past the second show!! I too felt the characters lacked chemistry and its sad because in the books you can "feel" the friendship between them all. Have you read the books?

message 5: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I'm the total opposite. I really like the show. i can't say the love of friendship emenates from the screen but I wasn't bothered by a lack of it.
I've read many JP books but had never read any in the WMC series. once the show started I liked it enough grab the first book from the library. I couldn't even get halfway through it. I didn't like the way the relationships read. But, I already had a feel from the show so it may have ruined the books for me. I may tryy a newer one some other time.

message 6: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 162 comments I read the first of the books and really enjoyed it. Others are in my piles. And I have to say chemistry between characters is important to me. If you don't "feel" it between the characters, you don't really care what happens to them

message 7: by Kai (new)

Kai (ky02121) | 17 comments The show is canceled.

message 8: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) | 105 comments I agree on the chemistry comment... I didn't really feel it between the girls even though I liked all of them in the end... which was actually a little surprising because I didn't love the woman who played Lindsey going into the series... However, once I like a show and commit to it... it is usually the kiss of death... and it held true with this one - it was cancelled... sigh