Love Inspired Historicals discussion

Earthquake and Tsunami warnings

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Ausjenny...Are you near the coast of Australia? Just wondering how it's going to affect you. We know someone who is living in Hawaii and supposed to have her wedding next week! Scary things happening lately.

message 2: by Marlayne (new)

Marlayne Giron (thevictorbook) | 3 comments It's only a matter of time before California is in the news with the same kind of earthquake as we are long overdue.

message 3: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (JillianHart) It is scary. I'm praying for those poor people this has effected.

message 4: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Im in land in South australia. I heard about this last night not sure what's happened. tsunami wise I mean

message 5: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 2759 comments Mod
Marlayne wrote: "It's only a matter of time before California is in the news with the same kind of earthquake as we are long overdue."

I know Marlayne -- I live in California, too, and know we're on the list for things like this.

message 6: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Its meant to hit the east coast in about 30 mins or so. im in the central part of australia in the bottom part.

message 7: by JanetTronstad (new)

Ausjenny -- do you have any friends or family on the east coast?

message 8: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments I have friends that way but dont think it will be to bad they say keep away from the coast. on friend said they will be ok as the house is on stilts and in a little.
most of the area should be ok. its going to hit very soon and we will see.

message 9: by JanetTronstad (new)

Ausjenny -- keep us posted when you hear from them.

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Glad they called off the warning in Hawaii...just heard it. Keep us posted Ausjenny.

I've got several friends in the CA area, so I know it affects y'all like the hurricanes affect my area of Texas. Stuff like this is definitley scary.

message 11: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 735 comments well, I got two friends who are from my church lives in Hawaii.. they are in safe higher ground but Just heard Japan got warning now.

message 12: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments yeah, I heard about Japan too.

message 13: by Melody (new)

Melody | 2493 comments My cousins just got home last week from Chile, they've been there for a year and a half on a mission for our church, so they just missed the earthquake! Talk about good timing coming home! :)

message 14: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Melody wrote: "My cousins just got home last week from Chile, they've been there for a year and a half on a mission for our church, so they just missed the earthquake! Talk about good timing coming home! :)"

wow....no kidding!

I just saw that Oklahoma had a 4.4 earthquake...strange weekend!

message 15: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Im just home from church so not sure whats happening yet.
it passed with no major damage.

message 16: by JanetTronstad (new)

Melody -- glad your cousins are home!

message 17: by Melody (new)

Melody | 2493 comments Oh me too! When I heard that news I felt so relieved. We are going to see them tomorrow, and I will find out how close they were living to the damages!

message 18: by Janet (new)

Janet Dean | 466 comments Good news, Jenny!