The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Hello books

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diane (new)

Diane Sandstrum | 7 comments Hi -
I'm from Colorado. I recently (about a year ago) rediscovered by love of reading. With two small kids, and working part-time, I felt I had no time to read (except of course for parenting related books). Then a friend of mine started a book club and I am so thankful that she included me. I have found that I do have time (or make time, although never enough), and am so happy to be reading again.

I am looking forward to this group and some good books and discussions.

message 2: by Knarik (new)

Knarik Hello Diane. What are you reading?

message 3: by Diane (new)

Diane Sandstrum | 7 comments I just finished The Help.

Now I am trying to finish three books that I have started: Pride and Prejudice, Harry Potter 4 (don't know if I will finish either), and Mysterious Benedict Society (I am reading it with my daughter - love this one).

I'd like to finish P&P and HP before I move on, but I am just not inspired...

message 4: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 9989 comments Mod
Welcome Diane. Thanks for rekindling your love of reading, and for finding us here. We would love to talk books with you, and how cool, you just finished reading one of our current dicussion books!

message 5: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (bellamy22) | 610 comments Hi Diane, Welcome!

message 6: by Marci (new)

Marci (iread49) | 215 comments Hi Diane!!

message 7: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) From one Diane to another, here's a BIG HELLO!

I too started HP #4 years ago and I cannot get myself to open it up again.

I rekindled my love for reading when my hubby bought me a kindle for Christmas. Now I have been reading about a book a week!

This is a great group with lots of great recommendations. But warning, your to-read list is going to get really long very quickly! LOL!

message 8: by JSou (new)

JSou Hi, Diane! Welcome to TNBBC!

message 9: by Carol (new)

Carol Welcome Diane.